GU36 notes up on Test Server

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 478874, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Balance is day in and day out the #1 topic on the forums, and it's like that in part because of how haphazard the different powersets have been. These consistency passes will improve this dramatically. This first pass isn't going to be perfect, though, and that's why we're up on the test server reviewing feedback.
    • Like x 29
  2. Twilight Man New Player

It's satisfying to see so many things we've posted about in the Bugs forum be fixed in these updates.
    • Like x 9
  3. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Yeah you got me curious as well. Jeez I wish the internet here at work would download this darn update faster so I could check it out really quick. lol.

Ugh, I have a really bad feeling about this GU. *crosses fingers and prays I am wrong*
    • Like x 1
  4. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Glad to finally see the voice chat over amplified login bugged is being sorted. Had that since day 1 ps3.
    • Like x 2
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

So time wise celestial got a nice nerf. Kind of disappointed but balance is balance. Also not real happy about T5 expert synthetic mods? Really?
  6. Drakonicus New Player

Why ? Its logic to assume they are going to have better mods on t6, so whats the issue with single color expert mods ?
    • Like x 2
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

I would think they would wait at least until T6 is out. At the rate its going come DLC11 there will be T6 synthetic mods out.
  8. Brice Allen Loyal Player

There is no reason for anyone to rage since VI mods are coming and more than likely Expert VI mods as well.
    • Like x 2
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Expert mods not coming until DLC11.
    • Like x 1
  10. EP Ice Loyal Player

I can't agree because this will work out perfectly for secondary roles. For example, I have an alt that is a DPS with a secondary role of Tank. If I farm and get all the expert mods for the DPS I am not going to want to do the same thing for the Tank role. The Synth Expert mods will help me mod the Tank without all the farming. Just my thoughts.
    • Like x 6
  11. Drakonicus New Player

never mind, i missread it
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I hope they hook up a ps3/ps4 in the office to test this update because with this many changes to powers and consumables cast time it could really mess the game up bad if it isn't test before it comes out .
    • Like x 3
  13. Brice Allen Loyal Player

When did they say this? I totally missed it. Go me.
  14. Gun New Player

the end is near..
    • Like x 5
  15. Quixen New Player

When do the consistency passes end? It appears to me that the game is nearing the point where different power sets and weapons are merely different skins in damage role.
    • Like x 3
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

I know what you mean. I have all expert mods on my healer gear, but synthetics in my dps gear. I just feel though Expert mods are better and time earned through farming and should be exclusively made. I would rather Devs be putting time into other things than creating more mods in vendors to purchase with marks.

Its kind of like almost expecting to get T6 synthetic mods when DLC11 comes out.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Really thought it was self explanitory. You have regular T6 plans drop in alerts. Expert T6 plans drop in raids. Same goes for T5 now. Since DLC10 doesnt have any raids, do you really think they would have both types drop in the ONE alert that is coming out?
    • Like x 1
  18. Gokaigerbay New Player

agreed. what's the point when every power and every weapon do the exact same damage and have the exact same moves with no special pro/cons properties to fit different styles.
    • Like x 3
  19. Brice Allen Loyal Player

At this point man I'm not giving SOE any credit. lol :p But honestly Expert or not...IV plans will still be better than V Expert. So either way it's a upgrade.
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

Not really. The only thing that happened is that the extremes(outliers) were taken away. The powersets will all be generally the same as they once were, in terms of play-style and philosophy. Except maybe HL. Gadgets will still be a fast power set COMPARATIVELY to other powers. But it won't be thrwing out powers at less than a second while powers like earth are doing a similar move in terms of damage and mechanics yet its at 2+ seconds.

Hypothetically, If Gadgets was faster than Fire, after this GU it will still be faster than fire.
    • Like x 5