GU36 notes up on Test Server

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 478874, Mar 25, 2014.

1. 478874 Dedicated Player

Deer Lourde, what an incredible amount of change in one update. I can't wait for the fallout.
    • Like x 3
  2. Davis New Player

This is way too much change to throw at us i predict this will be the death of dcuo or at least its downfall.

Theres absolutely no reason to put this much change all in one update its just ridiculous not sure what is trying to be accomplished here but on paper this looks like a disaster, elder scrolls online cant come soon enough.
    • Like x 17
  3. Radium Devoted Player

The Photon fix has finally dropped.
    • Like x 10
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

My initial impressions: This will be devastating for some, and awesome for some. Unfortunately it seems like HL is going to suck for a month or so before they make it better again. But i could be wrong.

I see they didn't take player feedback regarding animation times or Jump cancelling. But now that PC legendary players can fully test it for themselves maybe some REAL feedback shall surface
    • Like x 5
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Bob 2.0 and me are not looking forward to the day this update comes. Say hello to a whole day of downloading this update :O
  6. Little Sister New Player

I'm excited about a lot of the animation changes. Here are my random thoughts:

- Finally summoning my Deep Sea Chanter will be quicker !
    - I'm waiting for the rage about Synthetic Expert V mods lol
    - Very pumped about T5 weekly / monthly rewards
    - Scrolling on the Scoreboard again, nice
    - Congrats to PS3 folks for getting the mic fix finally

EDIT: I also noticed Defib and Psychic Emp are getting a little slower, but neither list has Recharge or Temp Ext. So it looks like Gadgets and Mental will have the same time for those moves that Light and Quantum currently has.
    • Like x 13
  7. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Updates like this prove how very much so the games still in beta.
    • Like x 7
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Um hello?!? That bow though? :D
    • Like x 1
  9. UXB New Player

The ability to remove the UI is the best news ever
    • Like x 9
  10. Davis New Player

This is the devs going overboard on tweaks and changes there is absolutely no need for any these to be implemented. It seems their trying to tweak the animations to make room for the worthless weapon mastery which is still a bad idea. This is an instance where we do not need or require all this tweaking and tampering i really hope the test people let them selves be heard, just really hating whats being planned here.
    • Like x 11
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

They are tweaking so that they have every power constituted under a set of rules, thus making FUTURE balances easier and simple. Powersets won't be balanced as a RESULT of this GU, but they will be easier to balance going forward. That's the only reason I'm not freaking out.... yet.
    • Like x 22
  12. Brice Allen Loyal Player

On paper it sounds horrible. I mean adding dovetail animations to consumables and Celestial combos o_O. My god how slow do you want Celestial to be? lol.

I'm referring to this by the way:
    Animations were standardized and will fall within the following ranges for the following types of abilities:
    §Channeled and sustained abilities that can be jump canceled have a dovetail time of between 0.8 and 1.0 second.
    §Weapon attacks, combo abilities and abilities that cause "Precision" based damage have a maximum dovetail time of 1.35 seconds.
    §Tray abilities such as super powers, consumable items and trinkets have a dovetail time between 1.0 and 1.2 seconds.

But I'm not passing full judgement on it till I test it in a few hours. But yeah, on paper it is just painful to read.
    • Like x 6
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

HB will be everywhere.
    Rifle just died and I'm glad.

For the rest I feel ill.
  14. Little Sister New Player

I completely disagree. Powers should be more even. They are currently all over the place. Precision based ones are ridiculously over powered (there's a reason they are the current flavor) and other powers like Earth and Fire take much more effort to keep up. This update is going to be wonderful.
    • Like x 8
  15. Radium Devoted Player

Phantom Triangle is now gone.
    • Like x 5
  16. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Id prefer all the changes at once vs slowly over time. Lets get it over with already so we can work on rebuilding whats left.
    • Like x 13
  17. Grid Ion Committed Player

Looks like Prec based powers just got wrecked :rolleyes:
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

What's up with that Weapon attacks bit though? I swear if they make weapons slower I will amp out
    • Like x 4
  19. Enickma Dedicated Player

"DCUO: Home of the perpetually falling sky."
    • Like x 27
  20. Drakonicus New Player

I hope so. Then, the people who seen only instrested in trolling the forums can leave, at least for a while
    • Like x 9