Your Character's Origins

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magnificent, Mar 3, 2013.

1. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I wasn't here during year one.
    That's that DEVs having-their-cake-and-eating-it-both. You can't flat out deny characters are part of groups, races, etc. in the DC Universe, flatly say that all player characters' powers are derived form exobytes, and then reward players for creative character origin stories about how they are part of groups, races, etc. in the DC Universe without being a hypocrite.
    I can understand a contest for creative use of the character creator and costume items.

Wow. I had no idea that they had a DC Universe Online comic. Did they release it as part of the subscription when DCUO was released?
    Apparently, the City of Heroes comic was one of the highest sales comics out for a while because it was part of the City of Heroes subscription. (Honestly, it wasn't very good on any level, but it was better than the comic related to the Champions role-playing game (not to be confused with Champions Online)).

I guess I should google it.
  2. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

No its a Actual Comic you can buy in stores for like 1 to 2.99 and they are really good i tried googling the contest also and couldnt really find anything i will though
  3. MoonlitDNC New Player

In regards to the whole Exobyte thing, the origin story my character (in my mind) has always been that she was just an average Metropolis University student that dabbled in some manner of witchcraft/summoning spells. (I even have her hideout close to the campus)

The Exobytes got at her while she was in the middle of summoning a demon, thus she took on the appearance/traits and power of the demon she was trying to contact when the Exobyte infected her.

So far as I'm aware, that doesn't conflict with the official DCUO lore, and the whole "Braniac mentioning we're Exobytes data slaves with stolen powers" thing further enhances the fact that my character could easily be uncomfortable with her unexpected new life....oh the wonderful potential for inner-psychological turmoil~

I can see what that'd jack up other peoples' origin stories though.
    • Like x 3
  4. Buckley Loyal Player

All the credit goes to the author i just gave him a backdrop to work from and he brougt my idea to live. i dont know if he still does the bio/backstory but if he does you should ask him.
    here
  5. Zuse Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. SilentTrollerMan New Player

Citizen Erased, formerly a United States covert operative specializing in assassination, was wounded in the line of duty.

He had served his country for years, never questioning orders and killing with impunity. He specialized in the bow and the injury he sustained while attempting to assassinate a high ranking foreign government official, left him unable to use his favorite weapon.
    The US government disavowed him and essentially left him in a hostile country to fend for his life.

After all of his years of faithful service, it was rather ironic, no... hilarious that his country would betray him.

He made it back to Gotham, penniless and homeless, with several untreated injuries to his arm that caused debilitating pain. Shortly after Lex Luther released the exobytes, he was infused with new found strength. Not only did his body heal, he gained increased stamina and regenerative properties. He also gained a kind of sixth sense when it came to electronics and technology. He could look at a jumble of random electronics and piece them together to create elaborate traps and tricky gadgets.

Citizen began a new life, a criminal life on the streets of Gotham, eventually getting captured by a Brainiac ship. Upon his escape he sought out the Joker. Even though Lex helped him escape Brainiac, he knew only the Joker understood what a big joke life was. How you could live a life of evil and murder and be called a 'hero' but you could also be called a 'villain' for the same actions.

The Joker started calling him SilentButtDeadly, a pun on his quiet demeanor and stealthy tactics when fighting 'heroes'.

Silent distanced himself from the Joker, not because he had some ideological or moral qualms with the Joker, but because the well of available missions dried up.

After a time he began experimenting with exobyte technology. Eventually granting himself the flight ability as well as other exobyte related powers including Quantum, Fire and Hard LIght.

He decided to go with the name Citizen Erased because of his knack for erasing his old life, powers, abilities and replacing them with new, more powerful abilities. He is also a master of disguise, taking on the look of rivals, friends and any other disguise he may acquire.

Eventually he unlocked his mind's full potential and uses telepathic techniques to not only empower himself, but others as well.

Currently he works where the action is. If the lanterns are fighting he is more than happy to harm innocents as well as the so-called 'heroes' that get in the way. He has a disdain for any of these hypocritical heroes. He will work for any villain and until recently he had no true allies. He joined a devilish league known as Infinitum Dominium to better spread destruction and mayhem throughout the world.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zuse Loyal Player

1 word for you...
    Rapture...
    • Like x 4
  8. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  9. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

anyway back on topic thank you everyone that has posted so far great stories. If we do get Moved to another Area i will continue to push for this Contest for some good in games rewards. Just like i did in year 1 of DCUO.
  10. Neph Dedicated Player

My character's origin started off where you would expect it to, the beginning...
    • Like x 1
  11. Tweek New Player

I heard at one time that DC had a place that you could write a bio for your toon . Don't know why they removed it from the game but it sure would be nice if they brought it back.
    • Like x 2
  12. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Man i remember that they had it in Beta also but it was accessible they also had it in the first few months but again no one could use it. I was hoping they would use it like the way Star trek Online did but they never got off the ground with it
  13. SOE-MOD-03 New Player

If you guys cannot play nice, the thread will be locked.

Final Warning.
    ♥03
    • Like x 3
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is actually in our plans. Get writing!
    • Like x 15
  15. Feenicks New Player

Maybe she was in one of my English classes. :)
  16. UltraElite Dedicated Player

Back when i was in Crisis, i had the Name Ultramann

from march of 2011
    Ultramann is the last son of Krypton from a parallel universe. As a young child he would torment other children often stealing their candy and juice boxes. This prompted his parents into believing they spawned the son of the devil. As a result they sent him away in a spaceship.

Ironically as he rocketed away his ship collided with an asteroid. The small bump from the spaceship was enough to move the asteroid into Krypton’s path. The warning of the impending asteroid came to late and Krypton perished.

Ultramann’s ship landed in the great city of Chicago where he was found and raised by Al Capone. By the age of 18, Ultramann killed his adopted father, took over the family business, and formed the Crime Syndicate.

It wasn’t long until he ruled the whole earth.

One hero rose to stop him, Alex Luthor. Luthor used his vast intellect to build a machine that would rid his world of Ultramann once and for all.

The machine took away his powers, erased his memories, and sent him to a parallel Earth.

Lost and Confused, Ultramann wandered the world filled with an emptiness that could not be filled

It wasn’t until a single Exobyte bit him and gave him new powers that the emptiness finally went away

Embodied with new power destiny began calling for Ultramann.

Will he revert back to his evil ways and become the ruler of the universe or will he become the ultimate hero

Only time will tell……………….
  17. Hero of Justice New Player

Nice! I think this will be good.... :)
  18. KnyghtmareX Well-Known Player

Oh Mepps i Created the Cover for Issue 2 im working on cover for issue 3 also. once i have first 5 issue covers i will get super busy on writing the stories behind them

Here is Issue number 2

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Mai3coh New Player

Moltar - Villian - Fire

This story begins in October of 2010, in a small Japanese village at the base of Shinmoedake. It was a village of warriors, Samurai. Though it was a culture almost forgotten, this village believed in the old ways of Japan and Bushido.
    It was a normal autumn morning; children running around playing, villagers going about their duties in the fields or completing their daily training. What wasn't normal were the three men in approach, two in business suits and the third of military origin. Their intentions were clear and simple, they wanted the land occupied by this village. Money was offered, but when that was refused the men left a threat: "Disappear by the new year or be destroyed."
    As snow fell on the new year, so did the blood of the village. After 18 days gallant heroism from the village samurai the battle was almost over. The village overlord, Samurai Hiromatu Yunisho, prepared himself to die in battle. While sheathing his blade, Hiromatu caught a glimmer in the distance. It was a falling exobyte. Not knowing what it was, or the power of what he had discovered, Hiromatu tethered the exobyte to his sword. Though futile, Hiromatu charged into battle a true samurai, he was met with a noble death.
    A young girl, daughter of Hiromatu, dragged the body of her father off the battlefield. Taking up her fathers sword she began hike up Shinmoedake's summit. It was the next day when she reached her destination, the mouth of the extinct volcano her village nestled up to. Driving her father's sword into the dry ground she prayed for vengeance. Tired from her trek the young girl fell asleep next to the sword, until she was woken by a blinding light. The light originated from her father sword, as she reached for it the light fell to the ground. A bellowing growl resonated through Shinmoedake. Mount Shinmoedake became alive again, spewing ash and secreting lava.
    The exobyte that had fallen from Hiromatu's sword did more than resurrect the extinct volcano.. It had created a monster from the volcanic calamity. Rising from the river of molten rock stepped forth Moltar. Named by the scared little girl, cowering with her father's blade in hand. Moltar was created from pure destruction, and knew only of such. Leaving the girl behind to be swallowed by Shinmoedake, he rode the river of lava down the face of the volcano destroying the village and everyone in his path. He knew no purpose, only the desire to destroy and lay waste. It wasn't until Circe found him and gave him a purpose in life. To this day Moltar serves Circe and his desire for destruction.
  20. Zuse Loyal Player

I cant wait to see the creativity of my competition in this intellectual contest :D

I wish you the most of luck...