Suggestions for Fire

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minecrawler, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Minecrawler New Player

I've been told the devs really dont pay much attention to this stuff, but I'm still a noob in forums and all these talks about revamping's got me thinking they might do some readjustments after all. So Ill just throw out some suggestions for fire here just to see what kind of response I get.

Immolation Tree:
    Fix Meteor.
    Increase damage from Volcanic Calamity.
    Add a Defense bonus for Tank role to Spontaneous Combustion
    Reduce power needed for Inferno and increase the Damage over time from it.

Ignition Tree:
    Take away the healing effects for tanks from Absorb Heat and make it a Single target Pull.
    Add 2-3 small dots to Detonate.
    Reduce Wildfire's timer and power cost to the same as Flashpoint.
    Increase damage from Fireball Barrage
    Reduce the supercharge cost for Eternal Flame.
    Make flame cascade the 35% finisher for Damage role and healing power in tank role.
    Change Fireburst to a 50% ability with lower power cost and remove the casting time/animation for it.
    Replace Snuff Out with a power that gives Damage role a X% might bonus.

Those who think the power set is absolutely fine the way it is, move on...those who think it needs some work, discuss away.
    • Like x 3
  2. Mazarati Active Player

Absorb heat doesn't work for tanks, the healing is only working if you are dps"ing at the moment.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

I vote no for getting rid of casting time for fireburst, but I am for lowering the cast time to equal the time it takes to charge handblasters.
    • Like x 6
  4. Meta Flare New Player

This from the other thread on this subject...which you should probably check out.

• Like x 3
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

Maybe a little drastic, fire needs a few tweaks. not an outright revamp
    • Like x 5
  6. Owl Devoted Player

General:
    • Have separate Burning Stacks for each Tree to allow 2 simultaneous Burning Ticks of Damage
      • Ignition Tree Burning powers in Stack One
        • Fireball, Fireball Barrage, Flame Cascade, Burning Determination, Eternal Flame
      • Immolation Tree Burning powers in Stack Two
        • Enflame, Immolation, Inferno, Meteor Strike, Reignition, Spontaneous Combustion, Stoke Flames
      • Each Burning Stack is separate from Burning powers from Mental which currently can overwrite Fire's Burning
      • Burning Power Interactions work with any Burning Stack
    Ignition Tree:
    • Eternal Flame: Reduce Supercharge Cost to 50%
    • Burning Determination: Remove damage component in Tank role so it can be Usable while Countered
    • Absorb Heat: Change to a Single Target Pull
    Immolation Tree:
    • Swap positions for Spontaneous Combustion & Stoke Flames
    • Fiery Weapon: Change to a Precision & Critical Chance Boost similar to Earth's Reinforce
    • Like x 3
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

:eek: So OP...and only if they then allow for burning to stack from different people.
    • Like x 1
  8. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Interesting, but we already have 3 different Burning DoTs that can stack. Inferno and Enflame each give a different Burning DoT with all the remaining Burning powers (Fireball, Meteor, Stoke Flames, etc.) giving a much weaker Burning DoT last time I checked. With Overheat (non-Burning) that's 4 DoTs that can be stacked, though not sure exactly worth it as one is very weak and one is only close range. It would be nice to fix overwriting issues though.
  9. Owl Devoted Player

Nature can have 3 separate stacks of Poison Spores.
    Electricity can Electrify & Polarize opponents.
    Quantum can Destabilize, Graviton Charge and Polarize opponents.
    Earth can Crush and Daze opponents.
    Ice can Freeze, Encase and form an Icy Field on opponents.
    Gadgets can Electrify, Burn, Freeze & Encase opponents.
    Mental can Daze, Terrorize, Burn, Electrify, Freeze and Encase opponents.
    • Like x 3
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

True, but the gadgets burning can overwrite/be over written by fire (or other gadgets). It would be nice if that was not the case. So fire could have their fire ticks and gadgets can have their fire ticks. ^.^
    • Like x 1
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

Main stuff that NEEDS looked at for balance
    • Overheat needs to be moved to an appropriate place. Or spontaneous needs to switch with stoke flames
    • Detonate should be AoE when PI'd as well as boosted damage
    • FireBurst AND Mass Det need their Dmg Range tightened considerably
    • Does fiery weapon even work?
    • Meteor needs to have SOMETHING done to it
    Unimportant stuff that would be nice but not needed

• Flame cascade needs to go. Or should not lock you in place
    • WildFire needs to go. Or get a better PI effect
    • Would be neat if Snuff Out was unique and has splash AoE on the 2nd tick if target is under 25%-35%(the animation already looks the part tbh)
    • Like x 5
  12. Owl Devoted Player

Inferno causes larger Damage Over Time ticks that are not overwritten by other Burning powers while an opponent is within the field. If they leave the field, they have the lower Burning Damage Over Time ticks that can be overwritten by other Burning powers. I have not tested this recently so it may have changed.
    Overheat is a separate Stack but is not considered Burning for power interactions.
    Enflame may be a different stack as it will set up Flashpoint for a separate Burning tick but one of the ticks gets overwritten by other Burning powers. So Enflame + Flashpoint = 2 separate ticks of Damage Over Time with only one being overwritten by other Burning powers. I have not tested which tick of damage gets overwritten.
  13. Lucaefor New Player

I'm really struggling to find a viable DPS loadout with most of the problem being how clumsy it is to set up a fire PI and not only DOTs overwriting but also being so small. Channeled abilities significantly hurt your DPS if they cannot be jump cancelled, you lose a ton of free weapon damage having to eat a long animation.

Edit: AOE burning PI. Inferno would be fine if it didn't have a 20 second cooldown. Wildfire would be my suggestion to add burning with the actual damage being insignificant, as it would just be a primer for more powerful powers like Mass Detonation.

Tanking wise there is one thing that needs to change: Immolation and Enflame should be clips. These powers are Fire's equivalent of a shield. As a tank I want to use these powers but the fact they aren't clips means I have to stay in animation when I need to go into block. Ideally I want to charge in, Backdraft to pull and clip with Immolation and Enflame then go into block. Ice can do it, all it's shields can be used as clips, why not Fire?
  14. Feenicks New Player

Fire is still fun for me to play, but I DO seem to remember the day way back when that I wasn't so far behind (percentage wise) the other DPs's. Something happened to fire and, even though many have voiced what they think, I can't quite put my finger (wing feather?) on it.
    • Like x 4
  15. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Your confusing Enflame with Immolation (Effect) + Flashpoint. Enflame causes Burning on its own. The Immolation + Flashpoint does give another DoT as you've noted.

As for other DoTs, see chart below. As mentioned earlier, weak Burns like Fireball and Metro cancel each other out. Inferno and Enflame don't cancel each other out, but two Fire players' Infernos and Enflames do.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Archangel Rafael New Player

Short version : Ignition tree needs a lot of work. Everybody uses immolation side almost exclusively.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lucaefor New Player

I've been playing DC coming up to a year now and when I first started Fire was much better DPS wise. If there's been any ninja nerf activity it's probably because of the Dominance changes and how they gave Fire an improved self healing aspect, they might have downgraded the powers somehow to accommodate that.

Personally I just think powersets like Hard Light, Celestial and now Rage have just left it for dead. Too many channeled abilities that can't be clipped or jump cancelled plus overwriting DOTs don't really do it any favours either.
  18. Dump Truck New Player

Great chart! You need to post that in Soulburn's thread... he's trying to pass leadership over btw as he is not coming back.

I suggest remaining fire players go melee, stack four dots (Normal, Inferno, Overheat, Enflame), Phase Dodge, and either Snuff Out to jump cancel or fiery weapon (with karmic Hex for animation cancelling). Steal the bloodlust buff. Tap tap hold with 1H. And watch the numbers fly. I recommend flashpoint for the normal burning as spontanious combustion can share the extra ticks with group members and we don't want that.

Fire is actually up there with the top DPS classes once you go melee. I appreciate your (I mean everyone's) buff talk though, keep it up. I don't want to ruin it. Peace!

PS: What should be done with flame cascade and the other useless powers is they should be the fire form powers we all commented on way back when. After all, Rage is the revamp fire should have got. I would even be willing to bet in game cash they said to themselves, "Wow! That is a great idea. We should do that.... No... Wait... Why don't we make another power set that has that? This way we can cash in once with our 'fire revamp' and then cash in the major dollars when we release these wonderful ideas to the players."
    • Like x 2
  19. Minecrawler New Player

Do you still want it as 60% modifier? cause I don't know any 50% modifier in game that has a casting time. A 50% Fireburst that cannot be clipped does not seem like an improvement to me.
  20. Minecrawler New Player

Lot of good points. Thanks for sharing :)