Server Downtime - December 17, 2013 - Game Update 32!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Space Lady New Player

Personally, I was always having problems with people queuing up for PvE instances in their PvP gear. Its really hard on healers and controllers(of which I am on PS3;hence the name Space Lady for my name here). I am quite happy with this update.
    • Like x 2
  2. Alex New Player

ANNOINT is still broken. It only gives me a flat 45 precision.
  3. Space Lady New Player

Update hasn't happened yet. All of this will be in effect tomorrow.
  4. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

This right here. ^

On the leveling path, the Level 9-14-19-24 PvP Weapons / Rings / Necklaces are the very best equipment you can get for those slots, and in general bump you up about 2-3 CR, bringing your CR rating in line with the foes you are fighting. (This makes leveling a bit easier)

Then, when you get to Level 30, you replace your blue PvP Weapon / Necklace / Rings and your Level 12 Trinket with Green entry level 30 pieces, while you go about the nearly hopeless task of hoping to have the luck of the Irish on your side in getting some decent replacement drops in Challenges, Duos and 4 man Alerts. Thus far, none of my 5 Level 30s have gotten a PvE replacement weapon, and only 1 has gotten a replacement necklace which is actually better than those entry level 30 PvP pieces.

This move by the Devs is going to hurt the newest / lowest CR 30s in the game, and in some cases may actually push people that were above the CR43 content lock, down below 43, thereby re-locking them out of content that could help them re-gear those now worthless pieces.

Makes no sense to cripple newly minted 30s and those who are leveling up new characters. Makes no sense at all.
    • Like x 5
  5. Zhaiden New Player

dude don't u have places like Australia time in those times when UD 32 comes out on
  6. winter13 New Player

I never needed pvp gear to get to cr43. At the time, I didn't even know pvp gear could be used. I doubt it will have any major effect on peoples gameplay experience.
    • Like x 5
  7. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I agree this hinders leveling players. There is no other advantage of pvp gear on pve except leveling up. PVE gear really needed to b banned from pvp...that is a problem, especially when those with pve gear get shields from healers etc. Also...why take out orbitals, sidekicks, supply drops and back ups?! That stuff was helpful for fighting those 84 expert modded geared people...well it was helpful in ways...they need to get rid of mods in pvp then too...if they r looking to make it all around fairer.
    • Like x 1
  8. winter13 New Player

Significant changes to offering, transcendence, and other powers were left out. This must be a mistake.
    • Like x 1
  9. GODOFLIGHT New Player

honestly pvp leagues were mad they were losing SOL is the one to blame for no home turf pvp was fair and now hey made it unfair but its ok they will switch it back when they realize its a mmo rpg but this forum has changed it omg dcuo is gona lose alot of money now that home turf has been decreased in pvp i love dcuo i dont want you guys to lose money why devs why devs that group doesnt care if dcuo loses money we do we love the game and your ideas why lose all that you built players should respect the game and stop complaining when they lose
  10. Mirai Well-Known Player

I've been pretty lucky at getting good necklaces in the Vault. My first four level 30 characters each has one. I've even picked up a couple good rings from the Vault recently. I also haven't had a problem getting some trinket drops from missions. Check out the Christmas vendor for some decent level 30 rings.

Weapons in Central CIty cost 600 Marks of Triumph each. That kind of thing takes a while after hitting level 30. But CR30+ face masks... brr. I don't know any way to get those.
  11. IAmGodly New Player

Like i said in the orignial post hindering pvp gear in pve is useless yeah you get a few ****** healers that cant keep ppl wearing pvp gear alive.Truth is pvp gear inpve grants no huge advantage in pve if anything its good because of the insane health diffrnce you have and for newer players it'll give them more of a fighting chance..meeps have you seen the health comparison in starter pvp to pve?Also sore you say it's good for players t wanting to get a taste of how arenas are?well with no pvp gear and full pve for a Fresh lvl 30 They get wrecked and in the long run is not only gonna have a rapair bill they cant pay.They're gonna be bitter seeing the Huge disadvantage they have vs a player with full pvp gear on.And more than likely rage quit dc because of it
    (i know because alot of players told me about this issue)Also taking away the buff s in pvp is another stupid move whats the sense of even getting the extras in the first place?for open world? i dont think so because besides dimond heist and ring war THERE IS NOTHING pvp related out there and in raids no one use henchmen and sidekicks(aggro issues and henchmen blocking the way) all and all meeps you guys are over thinking it again and need to chill out and take it 1 step at a time
  12. Echephyle New Player

Are there any details on how "shard of life" works?

During testing, it applied bad karma at range, then sone people said they took bad karma out. There are no details on this power in your notes other than hat it replaced life element. Please post details on the power.

Ideally it should apply bad karma at range so we can apply circle right away as dps for aoe dot.
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Really. It's as if half the stuff last said to be in the GU had been forgotten. Did someone cut-and-paste an old document?

Please? Cause the sorcery update as described here isn't half the update described most recently. This update sucks. Tell us it isn't so, please, and it's simply the description at fault for giving us sorcery users agita?
    • Like x 2
  14. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Why didn't you just make a Novice Dox and Nexus and keep the current one?
  15. Radium Devoted Player

Actually the basic cash PvP gear is superior to several tiers of PvE gear.

No Defense means nothing when you're rocking 6000 health as a fresh 30.
    • Like x 3
  16. Critics New Player

So stoked for this update!! #HYPE
  17. Wolf716 New Player

Why were the crushing interactions in harvest taken out? That was very useful for nature in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  18. Disasterpiece New Player

Nature has no power interactions that gain benefit from the Crush PI. Instead, Harvest now refreshes poison spores, which is MUCH more beneficial.
    • Like x 2
  19. Eternal Crusader New Player

You should also make PvE gear useless in PvP
    • Like x 6
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Just glad the devs fixed the ps4 and we will be able to que properly. Still wished they changed MBOT and OBOT loot drops, but hopefully GU33 will do it.