Sorc Dps Pre Update 32

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DcMercyStrike, Dec 8, 2013.

1. DcMercyStrike New Player

Not as Bad as many think, the new changes will help dps but advance sorc users can make it work as is..
    Theirs a lot of this class I still need to learn but I think I have learned a few tricks over the few years I have played.
    • Like x 2
  2. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

I dont think anybody is doubting that Sorc can do at least this much.

But from a perspective of somebody who has played different powersets, and has a Gadget troll/dps, nothing about that looked spectacular. Its burst damage skill (Shared Fate) is weaker than my Gauss or Napalm (with your might in that vid, its actually about the damage of my Gauss in troll role). It has fast, frequent dots, but they are low. Your weapon buff cant be used as a clip, and that combined with the fact that it doesnt last long is pretty bad. Lastly, the 60%er does no damage, but that just means it can be used as a means to jump clip.

Basically, after playing Ice, Fire, HL, Gadgets, Nature, and Mental, Sorc looks pretty unimpressive by comparison.
  3. DcMercyStrike New Player

With no doubt I agree 100 with everything you said but some make sorc much worse then it really is, by no means is it on par with a Celestial, or Gadgets par say dps but can it be done at a high level yes. Not much is really needed to bring Sorc up to speed with the others, it really just lacks say a g.grenade type of moves.
    • Like x 2
  4. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Yea, I gotcha.

Im a pretty big believer that that any power can do its job, some just come better equipped.

Im actually wondering if clipping Shared Fate with Invocation is faster or slower, since you didnt do it in the vid.
  5. DcMercyStrike New Player

I tried my best to cut down on the jump clipping with Invocation as it is very slow when your a flyer really missing SS atm..
  6. 13igtyme Devoted Player

WoD might not last long but you can do all it's procs in a few seconds, while mental, quantum, and gadgets have their procs spread out every few seconds. This plus the fact it is spammable and now clipable make is a contender for best weapon proc in the game.
    • Like x 1
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Everytime someone wanna show how good sorcery dps is, they just dps the first room. Let me see you do the entire raid, not just 1 mob filled room where the adds have a lot of hp and you are able to build dots
    • Like x 5
  8. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

That's exactly what I was thinking lol. I also want to see a sorc dps paradox and see the entire run, to see where they stack against other powers. As of right now I'm totally unconvinced. Sorc dps is bad and I cannot wait for the revamp, I actually love the power it's just to weak, compared to others.
  9. DcMercyStrike New Player

We
    well Black old friend this is "Mydpsisbetter" I have the entire raid recorded just didn't feel like rendering it this late, the end damage was quite good ill post the entire raid a lil later when I get home from work.
  10. Clutch Committed Player

Sorc is just too slow. It has the worst dps potential in my experience. A high HL or gadget dps will double your damage easy.
  11. DcMercyStrike New Player

And Do not confuse me when I said by no means is Sorc by nature strong as the other dps, it requires a lot of effort to even compete.
  12. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

I understand completely. I was agreeing to what the other poster said & what people have told me. They keep trying to prove sorc is viable in t5 raids. They show videos of just the first boss room. I know a few sorc players who hate the dps and refuse to do so. TBH since I started running nex/dox I haven't seen 1 sorc dps. Just curious to see the entire (nexus & paradox) runs :)
    • Like x 1
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Oh I know the sorcery dmg can be good, but it take a lot of power, and when most ppl show how good the dmg is they only show the first room, I think it's like 3 videos of it
    • Like x 1
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I have a sorcery dps that I run t5 with, lol when I get an invite, "99cr sorcery dps for T5 raids" hardly get any invites, but it can be good just the power comsuption would be terrible
    • Like x 1
  15. DcMercyStrike New Player

Exactly.. the class honestly just needs a base increase in it's Dot damage, a G.Grenade type of aoe pi for bad karma, and the change to WoD clipping is just icing on the cake as imo WoD is the best weapon buff on the game.
  16. DcMercyStrike New Player

Yes the damage deff changes once out of boss fights as the Dot build is slow, and the load out has the change threw out a raid. Wave how ever is a great raid as you can keep the dots up, you just have to remove Shared fate out the load out. I have a amazing Sorc friend called Doc Terror on the usp3 guy makes it work pretty well with keeping up with a lot of the better usps3 players.
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

far is invocation goes, you are kind of wrong there, a neat little trick I learned after adding to my loadout. If you do wod right after it, it creates a dot, it will also turn some enemies into a dog.
  18. Decree New Player

Agreed, when I was sorc Dps you will lead anywhere there are adds just standing in the CoD because pre 32 its the main source of dmg. Also that's the one of the two loadouts that are viable. The other is replacing watcher with ruin, and that's the dps. No variety atm.
  19. NorthernLad New Player

What does Invocation of Renewal do in DPS role? I've only ever tried it in healer role.
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It gives you a 60% modifier with enduring dmg hand mod, might be a different name not sure