Is anyone else having problems logging into test?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Lyndi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Lyndi Well-Known Player

I've tried several times to log into test server and this is what i get:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DCGame.exe
    Application Version: 8.3.19613.54835
    Application Timestamp: 5262241e
    Fault Module Name: MSVCP100.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
    Exception Code: c0000135
    Exception Offset: 00008fc7
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 9d13
    Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
    Additional Information 3: 9d13
    Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

and this is after the test server is supposedly up and running.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

No problems here.

Have you tried verifying your game assets?
  3. Lyndi Well-Known Player

yes
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I have been getting the .dll error as well. I tried reinstalling the missing .dll but it is still not working. Any suggestions?
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the game? Did you try tinkering with the DLL file last week when logging in would give you a missing dll file error?
  6. Lyndi Well-Known Player

yes and yes i get no missing dll file error i just get what is posted above from windows
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

I was afraid something like this would happen when I saw the post where someone replaced their file. Best option I can offer is wait for a green name to come along and hopefully take pity. :(
  8. Lyndi Well-Known Player

i replaced the bink file but didn't delete it. after i replaced it i still got the same message (no message about a missing file) when that didn't work i put the original file back.
  9. Scur Developer

Try this please:
    • Remove the bink file
    • Go to the Test log in screen
    • Click on Advanced Tools (this is the green hammer and wrench icon in the bottom left of the log in screen)
    • Select Validate Game Assets

This should fix the issue. Please confirm if it does. =)
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

HOpe you get it worked out. I am in the middle of downloading the test server. 36 percent atm. -.-
  11. Lyndi Well-Known Player

I have solved this little problem. I copied the file that was saying "fault" (MSVCP100.DLL) from another area of my computer into the binaries/win32 directory (the same directory as the bink file). After doing this and trying to restart the game i received another error message from windows with this file saying "fault" (MSVCR100.DLL), so i found that file in another location on my computer and copied it as well into the binaries/win32 directory and was then able to log in

*shrugs* i have no idea why those two files were needed but not already in the directory. everything works fine now so far (just got off the ship)
  12. Lyndi Well-Known Player

I don't know if the bink file is needed or not Scur. However, i can tell you i DID NOT do as other had done and place it into the directory myself. i let the download/install from launchpad do everything and only started playing with the bink file after test went online and i still could not get in. i posted my solution to this problem in a previous post that seems to have solved this issue but i really do appreciate a green name jumping in to help solve this frustrating issue i was having thanks :)
  13. Magnificent Loyal Player

I've had to copy the MSVCR100.DLL file around recently for a program we use at work. It's only after I update Java (6.29 is on the image I am using, current version is 6.45, I think) that I get the error (Win XP OS). On my home computer I haven't had an issue (but then again I don't think I've updated Java in a while, also I am running Win7 at home).
  14. Scur Developer

I am happy the issue is resolved for you :)