If you're gonna run the duos as a controller or healer...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dubb Lantern, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

...and I am DPSing, please do not insist on melee attacking. Stay behind me and just throw some block breakers, please!
    • Like x 3
  2. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

You better just leave then because I use melee for my healer & troll, if you don't like it too bad for you. By all means ask me to stop it makes the time we spend together more fun for me.
    • Like x 16
  3. Craven Green Loyal Player

Wait you seem to be under the assumption that you are stronger or can stay alive better.
    I have run the T5 duos with several different DPs's that I have had to actively keep alive as a controller with health barrels and Bastion. At the end my damage out was greater so don't lump all healers and controllers into some weak class that can't do damage or stay alive.
    • Like x 23
  4. Savage Mind Committed Player

Or you could just throw your own and let people play the way they want.
    • Like x 4
  5. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Another player thinking his way supersedes others fun having ability. If im a healer and i want to melee and i can keep us both alive who are u to tell me i shouldnt play my way.
    • Like x 15
  6. Notangie New Player

If you're doing duos and want to tell the other person what to do, play with someone who wants to listen to you. I heal/troll in duos and block break, but I only duo with my esposo.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

I am under assumptions and I should not lump others together, yet you lump me in with other DPSs. Makes sense.
  8. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

I will leave the duo if my partner starts using exploits.
  9. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

It sounds like you know what you're doing. :)
  10. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

I'm a celestial healer. My hots and dots are melee range attacks. You won't complain trust me...
    • Like x 1
  11. Breakforce Loyal Player

First time I queued up for the Knightsdome duo, I got stuck with a troller who would literally only spam Full Auto.

It turned out about as well as you can imagine.
    • Like x 5
  12. Ivy Bird Committed Player

I melee all the duo's in healer role, and often have the same damage out as any DPS I run with. Who are you to tell me how to play?
    • Like x 7
  13. Craven Green Loyal Player

True I guess we both made assumptions. I apologize for the generalization not all DPs are created equal nor Healers or Controllers but I will never request any other role just does one thing and I will never hang back I am always right in the fight. Just like you some of us know what we are doing and are more than a battery, block-breaker or band-aid.
    • Like x 2
  14. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

And every single healer I've run with has done less than 10% of my damage out, so I guess I haven't played with any good healers and you haven't played with any good DPS.
    • Like x 1
  15. X-zero Loyal Player

If healer and controller didn't use melee weapons it would kind of lock them to only a choice between one of four ranged weapons.
  16. Captain Spire New Player

Or you can work as a team and stop thinking everyone is there to be your willing slave?

Just tossing that out there.
    • Like x 13
  17. Claire Bear New Player

Generally agree, but if the troll/healer is not dying then I really don't see the problem. Why should a T4 healer with a good weapon playing a Riverfront Hotel duo with a fresh cr43 sit back and just cast healing spells, etc?

Stop being so persnickety.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

Melee weapons don't have ranged block breakers?
    • Like x 1
  19. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Not messing with you, but.....

The DPS you've ran with must be really bad!

In DPS stance I've never been out scored by a Healer or a Troll...

Not saying it can't be done, but, a true DPS with high SP can't be matched in Healer or Troll stance!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you dont control me, I do what i want ;)
    • Like x 1