Deadmeat descriped the new loot system different!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Clip, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Whiteroom New Player

Because it only applies to people who aren't geared running with a league that is geared. Thats a pretty specific situation and one only a small amount of people find themselves in. Therefore a bad example as it applies to loot distrbution to a whole community.
  2. Dump Truck New Player

Your math is correct. However, if you have to play this way all the time, you weren't playing it right. On USPS3 hero side there is an unwritten code - only role need on the pieces for the role you are currently playing. Right there that eliminates the 1/8 down to 1/2, 1/3 or 1/1 if you're the tank.

Now, if you played with friends and had your own set rules on loot, like "puff puff pass" (win a piece let the other have the next) now you are 1/2 on the first piece and 1/1 on the next if you lost out. Other common loot rules (for leagues) is main's before alts. Greed for style if an off role, etc.

Playing with civilized people who are not greedy can equate into major wins with the old loot system. I'm sorry you have always played the way you have.
    • Like x 2
  3. Gwalir Loyal Player

Actually, I was counting that in my equation, since that is how I mainly play as well. Even when I pug, I only roll on the role I'm playing as unless I ask first and am told it's okay to otherwise.

You calculations would only work if a piece dropped for our role every time though, but it has never been that way. The odds you give for a Healer getting a piece of gear (1/2) only applies if a piece of Healer gear drops. With there being four roles, there is only a 1/4 chance of any given piece of gear being a Healer piece. It's taking the fact that there is a 1/4 chance of your role's gear dropping with the average of one person rolling against (1/2) that I came out with my 1/8 chance.

I couldn't tell you the number of times I've finished an Instance and received no gear out of it due to none dropping that was in my role, let alone ones where I lost the roll. With the way it is now though, even if it's not something I can wear, I'll still get something I can salvage.
    • Like x 1
  4. Super Moon New Player

I agree it is a specific situation and it will help the random player... but its something you had little more control over... that's one thing that made organized groups a good thing.

I dont want a soulless drop... I want a drop that my fellow hero (or evildoer) passed on out of the goodness of his heart! I want it to be special. ..

forget the last part...
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Seriously, I really want to be a part of all these alledged leagues that go around doing favours for their members, because I'm yet to see one. I've been in some horrible leagues, but I've also been in some great leagues with geared and skilled players. One thing they both shared in common was the ruthlessness in getting gear.

One time, with a good league, I saw a level 87 duel wield drop in Nexus. Before we had chance to discuss who needed it the most, 3 of them had rolled need on it.

I don't doubt that great leagues who share loot fairly exist, but they are very uncommon and usually aren't accepting sign-ups, in order to keep things running as good as they do. The unfortunate situation for most of us is that we have to deal with crap and arguments and many, many fights over loot. I've seen leagues close due to arguments about loot causing rifts between players.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dump Truck New Player

You can;t control what drops, there is as much a chance that there will be all healer drops as there are all tank. Run the raids with same same group(s) enough times and eventually everybody makes out much better.

I can;t say there is much to the arguement FOR this system. Those defending it seem to be of the mentality that, "I'm miserable with my luck on loot so everyone else should be too". Not really a good basis to change a game for the better, is it? The answer is not to change it so more people get more cr@p, it would be to play consistently with the same trustworthy players who can share.

Players are not running these raids for gear to salvage. They are running it for gear that is an upgrade. The chances of getting any gear that indeed is an upgrade were dropped exponentially with this new system.
  7. Dump Truck New Player

We are recruiting, but we uphold our loot rules to strict standards, 1st warning, 2nd offense gets you kicked out.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yep, but now you don't have to kick anyone (as far as T5 content is concerned) because the loot rules aren't applicable anymore. Which is good for keeping people happy, together and prevent leagues from collapsing, which in turn keeps people playing the game which keeps the money flowing.
  9. Gwalir Loyal Player

Who said I was trying to control the drops? After all, I stated how any given drop is a 1/4 chance of being the role you're playing, just like it has always been.

Say you're a Tank facing off against the final boss of a Raid. Under the old way, each drop would have a 1/4 chance of being a Tank piece that you would get having no one to roll against. Under the new way, instead you would have your own piece of gear of loot, which would still have a 1/4 chance of being a Tank piece.

In both cases, a Tank would have a 1/4 chance of getting a piece of gear he can use. This also means even in a League run where nobody rolls against you, the odds are the same with the new way as in the old.

If I'm incorrect here, please show me where. As it stands now, I can't actually think of a case where the old way is preferable to the new one.
    • Like x 1
  10. StaticS New Player

OMG i finally got an amazing loot for my dps thanks to this new loot system, both drops from nexus, purple dual weild lvl 87 and purple boots time traveler. My actual cr is 99 with only 2 pieces item lvl 85 left, the mask and the utility belt. Is it possible to get cr100?
  11. Sylo Committed Player

I like the new system better, but one person getting two purples in one run makes me think the system may be busted( shockingly ).
  12. mgkaenzo Committed Player

How should I understand this ?

GIVE IT AL TO YOURSELF
  13. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

I don't have the time to search the many threads about the new loot system, but Mepps and Deadmeat posted in many of them.
    For me, it was clear that we would get loot froom the bosses loot table and we don't have to role against other groupmates.
    Did you really think that every player in an instance would get ALL bossloot? Every player all pieces?
    In all threads, if you read the all of the thread, they said you get exclusive loot from the bosses loottable.
    If i take your post as a standalone, your right.
    If you read the threads, you are wrong!
    • Like x 1
  14. SilverwingsZOE New Player

Dudemeat just remove the small chances on plans and rare stuff,you said people was going to get a random item from the entire boss pocket,your small chances always mean once in a year (maybe).

For the others spend 30 bucks for respec tokens,put offrole Time & Traces pieces in your bank once you have the full set respec,collect style,trash them and use tier armor or whatever you have collected that is useful for your role,stop resetting those raids,do them once a week and call it a day.They just don't understand that,I just see and read "moneygrab" and disappointed people,sometimes I log on EUPC just to see if my friends or know faces are on,barely see anyone playing guess they got tired of this bs and random is random crap
  15. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Yes I'm wrong but that's because deadmat let us think that and everyone you read that thought like me.
  16. IGotYA New Player

This is true i ran nexus and the only thing that dropped was a 86cr dps waist.
    i was under the impression whatever the drops were before the update it was still
    be the same,but its not like that at all.
    They lowered the chances of a boss dropping the "bonus" like Deadmeat called it,
    or the times i ran nexus we were very luck that all the times it dropped bonus gear,
    or they lowered it.
    And im not that lucky so....
  17. the solowing Unwavering Player

as a serious answer another game has this loot system, sounded good on paper but in practice it doesnt
  18. LIVETASER New Player

I am loving the new loot system, Finally got the rapture feet and completed the style after almost 2 years. normally another person needs and gets it, now it is all mine. I am loving this new DLC and the new loot system. I think I am gonna go for the alert marathon today. yes, ten times today. It is a wrap guys. Hello replay badges. I will get my 40 marks, and drops from circe. i got a yellow base item with my loot from the boss and was surprised. I did not know if they are rare drops or not.
    • Like x 2
  19. WonderValkyrie New Player

I agree Livetaser, this new loot system was a godsend. I love running the new content knowing there is special loot waiting for me with my name on it and noone else's. Excellent i am so happy the devs did this for us
  20. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

My understanding of what all the QQ is for.... " I can't believe they took the loot glitch away.. That was soooo much better than this.. How am I suppose to gear up with only 62 skill points... This isn't fair!!!"