What on earth happened to the dpsing community on usps3?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SkillorElitism, Aug 8, 2013.

1. darkmoon caverns New Player

I always ran Prime with 6 tanks 1 healer and 1 troll. No point in having DPS cause they're squishy.
    • Like x 1
  2. darkmoon caverns New Player

The tank have plenty precision and might and even better defense. When you couple that with the HT mods that do damage from blocks your damage out will skyrocket. Tanks don't need a lot of precision or might anyway because they already hit so hard. Speccing into that is just surplus and like I said the numbers don't lie. No matter how hard they hit the ads will have the same amount of health so killing 50 ads for every 1 ad a dps kills will mean they have higher damage out. Basic multiplication and addition.

You need DPS to pick up people and throw supercharge and trinkets and if you don't have a DPS in your raid who else is going to ninja loot??? My example works because it's true. Tanks are durable and hit like....well like a tank. :)

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Are you jealous of my damage out?
  3. darkmoon caverns New Player

That's Bruce Ree.
  4. YodaDog New Player

Takin the troll-a-thon to day two, I see.
    You're like the Forrest Gump of the forums!
    I'll run with you, man. Ill follow you forever.
    • Like x 2
  5. darkmoon caverns New Player

Well I gotta keep it going keep it going full steam. Too sweet to be sour too nice to be mean. Know what I am saying?
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

7. ARI ATARI New Player

the elite DPS get tells every few minutes asking them to DPS, they dont need to pug.
    • Like x 2
  8. Corrupted Ertai New Player

We moved on to games that aren't stagnant and fruitless. this game is about to charge you people $10 for a DLC that has no significant instances and +1 item level gear. Yeah. That's worth my money alright. I'm just gonna be a lurker in the forums and hope something changes for the better before PS4. If the game is in this kind of shape when that is released then I'm not even going to bother DLing it. Just gonna stick with ESO and Destiny. At least Destiny will be cross-platform so the community will be immense.

Also.... This ^^^
  9. darkmoon caverns New Player

Fantasy world? Are you trying to condescend by using the term "fantasy world" in a subject about comic book heroes and aliens and magical beasts under your bed, in your closet, in your head? Exit light sir because now you are just taking the piss out of me aren't you.
  10. Sytenia Committed Player

Please do, I am rather enjoying it :).
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well, turnabout is fair play, no? It seems that your post was meant to take the piss as well...because everyone knows that tanks (particularly in DCUO), in tank gear in Tank role cannot put out the same amount of damage as a DPS in DPS gear in DPS role (particularly when all participants are within similar or exact same Tier Levels). The only way a Tank can out DPS a Damager of the same Tier level is if said DPS has Zero clue about how to do his job as damager.
  12. darkmoon caverns New Player

I'm not trying to take the piss. You can keep the piss. What I'm saying is fact. How can you argue with the math? It's factual and true. 1 + 1 = 2 always. When a tank kills more ads than the DPS they will get more damage out. Tanks aggro all the ads so logically their damage out is going to be higher. This is so obvious and I've explained it many times. Calling me a fantasy world. This whole game is a fantasy and your comment was ironic and silly. That was my point.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Therein lies the fallacy of your beliefs. Aggro does not equal kills or damage out. I'll repeat...aggro does not equal kills or damage out. All that your Aggro does is conveniently round up the adds, putting their damage focus on you the tank, who is supposed to be tough because of higher health, defense and some form of damage mitigation....if the adds are dying around you it's because the DPSes are doing their jobs of damaging the adds that are conveniently in one location thanks to your aggro.

Yes, the tank is contributing to the damage...but do you honestly believe that you're doing all the work by yourself??? If that were true, the DPSes would all be bellow the controllers and healers on the scoreboard...and that could only really happen if you, a full T4 or T5 damage specced tank were running a T1 raid with T1 or lower DPSes (or maybe you're running lower level Duos with Tier appropriate players). Otherwise that's just crazy talk.

Try to remember Aggro is getting the adds/bosses attention towards you...not damage out. Damage is just the secondary purpose of your powers as a tank...and it's under a 20% penalty in exchange for the higher defense/health/damage mitigation.
  14. darkmoon caverns New Player

You think the tank is going to have all that focus and not attack? That's the role of the tank...a good tank doesn't sit there and only block a good tank puts up a shield attacks and blocks to counter an ad and do even more damage.
  15. LIVETASER New Player

WHAT WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN? HAVE YOU BEEN IN NEXUS OR PARADOX? THE MINUTE YOU CHOOSE TO FIGHT BACK INSTEAD OF AGGRO AND BLOCK, YOU ARE DEAD. YOU MUST BE NEW TO THIS GAME OR JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TANK GEAR CONSISTS OF.
    • Like x 2
  16. darkmoon caverns New Player

Take off the caps lock dude...I have been in both actually and like I said, a good tank puts up a shield and attacks and blocks when necessary. I use blocks mostly for when they try to lunge so I can counter them or to protect from one shots. The rest of the time I put up a shield an aoe and attack the crap out of the boss. That's always how I've beaten the raids and my damage out is pretty high.
  17. LIVETASER New Player

Stop lying to yourself. Go and try that in nexus or paradox and get the smack attack of a life time. I tank as well. 97CR tank and 98CR DPS on Ice and in nexus or paradox you try that you will get killed. I attack only to keep and hold aggro but block for the most time. I use 3 shields.
  18. darkmoon caverns New Player

I'm not lying to myself at all. I always have a shield on so I'm safe from attacks therefore I can constantly attack except for the occasional block. Factoring that with all the ads I killed, my damage out has been higher than everyone else on multiple instances.
  19. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  20. winter13 New Player

Soooo...because you are a scoreboard chaser, you feel that everyone else that plays the game should be too? Some people actually play the game because they enjoy it, not because they are trying to out do someone else in pve. That is what PvP is for. I think PVP is what you are looking for.