Current Quantum DPS load out? (For PvE)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain Domino, May 21, 2013.

1. Captain Domino Committed Player

Can anyone share a load out with the rotation? At the moment I'm using G.Well, WR, G.Bomb, Singularity, T.Blast and Oblivion for a SC. I use HB/1H (I switch depending on content) Any help/advice would be appreciated.
  2. Meta Flare New Player

This the most common load out(mine is different) so you are on the right track.
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I drop oblivion for QT and swap oblivion in for Gwell when it's beneficial but yeah nearly identicle to mine and I do very well. Remember with HBs you gain damage when full SC, so not always the best to be using that SC :)

If it is "the most common one" it is for a reason, i've tried a bunch of different options and nothing matches it at range at least. I'm sure melee would be diff but I like ranging in t5. Freakin crabs block too much
  4. Captain Domino Committed Player

Would you mind telling me which load out you use? I love this power and want to maximize it's potential =]
  5. Captain Domino Committed Player

Ah that's true, I'm going to try without a SC and see how it goes. Thank you for your advice!
  6. Meta Flare New Player

My ranged load out which is my primary is this... Awave- Gwell- singularity- warped reality- Tblast- oblivion...sometimes I will switch this out for closed loop.

My melee load out which is pretty good but prob not the best.... Anomaly- Dwave- time bomb- warp barrage- Qtunnel- oblivion
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I would recomend that loadout to basically anything but HBs. Hbs can be done fast enough that singularity can't keep up and be spam clipped. Gbomb can do it at full clips, but even that can't refresh fast enough to keep up with quick clips. So I have to alternate between two things which leaves me with gbomb and singularity.

if you spend longer between casts or use tblast more then singularity becomes an option. And A.wave is nice to set up PI more reliably than WR.
  8. Meta Flare New Player

I use only hand blasters lol. That's funny. It works for me. Also I don't spam singularity too much. I use tblast a lot.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Ahh, diff play style though =).
  10. Meta Flare New Player

Yeah. I only told him my load out cuz he asked.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Yeah I was actually going to type " or if you like to tblast a lot" on to my comment about your loadout :D. Just different than my playstyle, personally I try to stay out of animations as much as possible so I do things QUICK, and while I use tblast I use it sparingly as I find I get knocked out of it a lot, if you can pull it off it's a great power.
    • Like x 1
  12. Captain Domino Committed Player

Thank you all for your info! I'm really loving QT, it saved my butt multiple times lol.
  13. Cataclyzm New Player

Jeebie try out the mass shadow concoction consumable to help you not get interrupted while using tblast. It detaunts Agro away from you for 12s so it really frees you up.
    • Like x 1
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Agro is never the issue, it's the AE stuns and such. I actually gave it a try last night, it was quite useable, on boss fights was the only time I really had issues, just sometimes too much going on to be able to sit there for 3s hoping an AE pulse of some kind doesn't hit you and inturrupt it. Sometimes you can get knocked around and continue casting though.

Never meant to knock it, just saying that I tend to avoid all cast time things due to the inturruptable nature. As I said, different play styles :) I do it in every game I play, I rather have 100 10damage hits than 10 100damage hits. Less of a chance of just bad RNG and less prone to "unused damage" where things only need 100 damage to die but you do 1k.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cataclyzm New Player

For sure to each his own just throwing out some suggestions. This is the first time I've dps'd with a cast time power as well and at first I really didn't like it because of the interrupts and such but you really start figuring out when not to use it and when's the most opportune time to use it. With quantum though there's a lot of great substitutes and dif loadouts to try so I mean pick ur poison there's a ton of possibilities.
    • Like x 1
  16. Meta Flare New Player

I didn't think you were knocking my play style or anything. I think I've talked with you more than anyone on these forums since quantum came out.

Also just for some insight as to why I use Tblast so much. My range fire load out was.... Heat vision-spontaneous combustion-mass det- fire burst- inferno or flam cascade- volcano. I feel very comfortable with the cast time powers and since I spent so much time with that build I learned when and when not to use those powers. I learned real fast lol. Possibly my fav load out I've ever had as any type of dps.
  17. Skynin New Player

2 DPS Family Reunion video is coming, this loadout in action. Now i'm using it in different way, much better
  18. Massah Committed Player

I run Quantum DPS as Prec biased using HB and maintain a 10:1 Damage to Power Ratio
    While still speccd fully into vit as to only need to respec Powers and not skill points I have all vit cunning original DPS inmates & Dom-
    but only a couple of the newer extra precision inmates. I'm sitting at 1100prec and 2500might fully DPS it is 1200prec and 2600might

I always fully Charge Charged blast so that I get big precision ApE hits back to back like a ranged Downward smash
    Loadout is : Oblivion, Warped Reality, Temporal Vortex, Tachyon Blast, Singularity, Gravity Bomb
    I have the 25% for when extra burn is needed but don't have Oblivion ready or for hallway adds in Nexus.
    I try to keep the 60% buff via enduring damage then just keep Warped Reality up and HB clip alternating between Singularity & Gravity Bomb
    If Tachyon Blast is not an option I resort to Warped Reality & Gravity Bomb and utilize the 50% buff
    I find that the HB with those 2 do more damage than Energy Expulsion as not only is it ApE but can almost do 2 HB G.Bombs in the time it takes to do 1 HB Energy Expulsion.

Letting Charged Blast fully charge makes a huge difference and allows me to not be the Power Hungry DPS that the other Quantum DPS appear to be that I run with via USPS3.
    When I melee I use the 60% buff with MA Smokebomb or if still using HB I snowman it up for melee burst

No Gravitonic Field or Gravity well - I try to leave any Might damage over-ride out of my loadouts. (aside from moves that I expect to be over ridden by a same powerset Controller like P.Flames as Mental - used it for the burst not the DOT)
  19. Anhur Committed Player

Playing Quantum over the last few weeks since it was released, I've tried a mix of builds with varying results - a real "hidden gem" for me is Temporal Vortex (super charge), which you can acquire via the TIME tree on the way down to Tachyon Blast;

[IMG]

At a 25% cost, this frontal cone super charge packs a hell of a punch - it really shines in moments where you have several enemies grouped up, the trio of Lex or Batman in the final room of Nexus of Reality raid for example - position yourself accordingly, hit Supply Drop, Tachyon Blast, then Temporal Vortex, Temporal Vortex, Temporal Vortex and Temporal Vortex - it isn't uncommon to see hits of 1,000 per enemy.

Current total loadout is - Warped Reality, Singularity, Gravity Bomb, Gravity Well, Tachyon Blast, Temporal Vortex - think I'll do a vid on that.