The Ins and Outs and Sadness of Being a Controller

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by BumblingB, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jolibee New Player

I don't understand this one.. does that mean I don't have to spec into domination? For example, Do I need 600 Dom (just a random number) to stun mobs in FOS 1 or I can stun them with 55 Dom?
  2. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

::raises hand::
    i barely enjoy even trolling with a league anymore.
    the fact that DPS 'beastness' now dominates everything pve most players don't even notice the difference between a good battery controller and a bad one, let alone the difference between a good overall controller and a bad one.

IMHO the only real hope for the future of the Controller class in pve is that grouped content either becomes incredibly difficult or somehow requires specific role abilities outside of power return. the chances of either of those things happening is about .05%.
    i wish i could even say 'thank god new pvp stuff is coming out', but they've managed to turn Trollers into batteries in arenas as well.

oh well...it is what it is now... options include: 1. quit playing dc 2. go dps like the devs want us all to 3. battery it up and take a nap.
  3. BrotherMutant New Player

Personally, I hope they require troller debuff abilities in the next raids, especially the -regen and -damage ones instead of the commonly used -defense we all try for. I would think it would be easy for a dev to make a boss or mid-boss even heal so that you either do REALLY fast damage to overcome or have a troller on team ready with the -regen debuff. Or make a boss hit UNGODLY hard if he isn't damage debuffed from a troller (obviously this wouldn't revovle around increasing the -damage ability, just that if the boss was UNDER the effect he/she/it would hit a LOT less hard).
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

To stun, all you need is the required dom level to enter the instance. If it says "200" and your gear gives you 350, then you can stun. No need to spec more dom. Unless it is the t4 inner gear, a full set of controller gear always gives you more than required.

If you are trying to reinforce sheilds and self heals, specing dom is a good thing. But that is more self preservation than trolling.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Or just make debufs scale to cr, like pets.
    • Like x 1
  6. BrotherMutant New Player

maybe,
    but I could see that getting out of hand too.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

They have proven that they can create a difference between player and npc with how swarm was broken. I dont see how scaling debufs to cr would affect it. At 89 cr, you already outgear all content, so having a higher debuff compared to a 34 cr character would make sense.
    • Like x 1
  8. KnightSolaire11 New Player

With a cap to it, of course. Maybe 30%? That sounds relatively reasonable. Or 25%.
  9. JessTier New Player

It would give a reason for controllers to spec back into Dom again... AND would mean that players would really notice the difference that a controller makes... thus making them more than just the unappreciated role they are right now. +1 BB :D
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Doesn't have to be dom, i think it should scale to your cr like pets, but scaling to dom would give you another reason to have dom.
    • Like x 1
  11. JessTier New Player

Agreed
  12. Solarstar New Player

Uh.. why?

You do know that the Sparring Target gives back power, right? So basically what happened was that you being there ended up being redundant since the Target gives power back every what, 5-10 seconds.
  13. mikeycorleone New Player

Wow, talk about elitist. My troll vit 1170 for a while ( been focusing on my heal toon) and I've run Gates many times, been the P o t troll number of times. That is just bs, for ur sake hope that group failed lol. But tbh that kind of attitude is normal when u PUG stuff. In the words of a league m8 of mine 'Death Throe'..

[IMG]
  14. BrotherMutant New Player

Simple. How many times do you run lower tier content (i.e. you are over-tiered in gear for those low alerts/raids)? Problem is, you make some of those boss fights a potential joke if you keep rolling with a CR 89+ troller that debuffs. Not saying being overgeared is a bad thing (I hope to be there someday), but it then promotes the elitest attitude we have been seeing lately even more. And I don't want more of that happening.

Would rather they make them MORE effective on the higher tier alerts/raids for ANY troller willing to slap the debuff on the target.
  15. Duragon Committed Player

I agree with you but have a different approach. If I am p.o.t., I still make it a point to be 4th in damage and I want to destroy the other troller in dps/stuns/cc... everything. The way I see it, if I'm p.o.t. then I'm main troll and the other dude is the backup. If I am not p.o.t., I try and get real close to the 3rd dps but light years ahead of the dude in 5th and still be at least 60-75% power out from the main troll. I make it so the next time they run a raid, they actually miss me. :)
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I agree that kind of scenario would make it difficult and would actually make me think it would be better to have it scale to dom, because you have to work your mods and sp to make a difference. You cant be a pot troller if you are a debuff one. Which gives variety to your build.
  17. Kpezz New Player

Yea this is completely true... the way this game is going is just about completely troll based... eventually some how its going to be the trolls fault the group wiped(the healer didn't have any power to heal because all the dps were using up all the power so it couldn't get to the healers) because no power was going out to the healers. THERE SHOULD BE A REVAMP ON THE CONTROLLER CLASS OR MAKE THE INSTANT POWER HIT THE WHOLE GROUP instead of just 3 out of 7. and another thing shouldn't trolls be able to give each other more power or bigger blue numbers like how healers give each other bigger heals... ALSO the P.O.T should be stack-able I don't understand why only one troll can do power over time... But I Digress the controller class should be able to do exactly what the name says... the name does not say unlimited power give. the controller class is the most versitiel class why is it now resulting to just provide power to the DPS
  18. BrotherMutant New Player

I didn't know this happened?
  19. Kristyana New Player

I always saw the original intent of the instant power as an "oh hell" button that started getting abused by other roles maliciously about a week after launch.
    • Like x 1
  20. JessTier New Player

actually when rolling with 3 trolls in a raid, the three can actually almost do the whole thing without POT (not that you would want to) because the power feed is constant. I've seen the raid build a LOT that is 1 tank, 3 trollers, 2 heals, and 2 Damagers... Seems to work well for lower CR groups tackling the more challenging raids (Khan when your a scrub for example)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.