Xbox 360 Controller?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sh4dowOfElysium, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Sh4dowOfElysium

I was just wondering if the game has a Controller feature that would allow me to use my Xbox 360 Controller adapter since I prefer playing FPS's with a controller instead of a mouse. Thank you in advance for the responses and help.
  2. Latex

I use the logitech version of it. You just assign the keybinds and go. Nothing technical. I prefer the keyboard mouse tho, its just more precise.
  3. Sh4dowOfElysium

Cool thanks, so a regular controller doesnt automatically adapt like they would with Battlefield 3 or anything?
  4. Yautja

It works if you setup the keybinds but good luck aiming.
  5. Latex

No, you
    have to set up keybinds via the controller software. I had mine setup for flying, works great! But aiming is not so easy but if you are accustomed to that maybe you can make do.
  6. SerialNumber1221

IMO its only useful for flying....infantry and armor its just too slow and unresponsive for twitch reaction aiming
  7. LukeDude759

Don't forget that a mouse is way more useful and accurate for aiming.
  8. Liquidrider

That is correct, but I am curious to what its like flying,

EDIT:
    ughhh I just realized the date on this :p I found it on google looking up if it was possible, sorry for the year long bump.
  9. TheRagingGerbil

Worthwhile necro to show just how terrible controller support still is actually...

I use a 360 controller with XPadder to map the mouse to the sticks for flying. Works great.
  10. hawken is better

I used my 360 controller for flying sometime around January last year. It seemed to work well, but getting the buttons mapped in a way that wasn't ultra clunky (for me, at least) was a pain.