When it comes to hacking...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by OwensWhitcroft, Nov 26, 2012.

1. OwensWhitcroft

So I love playing an engineer, but one thing that boggles my mind is that you are not able to "Un-Hack" Terminals, and Turrets once an infiltrator hacks them. I find it kind of silly that you have to get a friendly infiltrator to make said turret or terminal friendly again, you would think being an engineer would allow you to revers such hacks? Just my thoughts on to possibly improve our class a bit.
  2. Exigo

The terminal problem is easy if you own the base. Just kill the terminal and repair it. Free XP
    • Up x 1
  3. Object

You can no longer destroy a hacked terminal then repair it for the foothold bases, even if you own it.
  4. Exigo

When did they change that? I did it myself under 10 hours ago.
  5. Object

Just tried it within the last 2 hours. Understand I'm talking about the footholds surrounding bio/tech/amp labs/stations, not regular zones.

If you own the amp station and you do this at any footholds it's fine, but if you don't own the station, but own the foothold, you cannot repair hacked terminals (which is ********). This is a tactic infiltrators are using now, they aren't even bothering to take the point back, then just hack the terminals then destroy them.
  6. Exigo

Ah, I see. Sorry missed the whole footholds, my mistake..

Carry on :D
  7. deusex2

You guys are aware that hacking, is currently the only sad excuse to have an infiltrator at all, right?
  8. OceanicTR

I'm gonna sound like a total noob now, we'll I'm only a week in game so I am ;) but how do you hack I didn't think they carried this over to PS2 is it a cert?
  9. Ganjis

Play infiltrator, go up to an enemy turret (even manned ones) or terminal (vehicle or equipment) then uncloak and hold E. there is a progress bar, but it can be tricky to see and sometimes does not appear.
  10. Ice Pirate

It makes zero sense why an engineer can't fix a hacked turret or terminal yet can repair generators or complicated vehicles even aircraft. If need be make it require level 3 or so of the tool cert.
  11. Funzo

It has to be a bug or glitch. I've entered towers well within our zone of influence to find all the terminals hacked and destroyed, making the tower useless until a rival faction takes it back over, then turns it back again.

Step 1: Hack all the terminals and turrets
    Step 2: Switch to LA and C4 every terminal and turret, saving the infantry terminal for last so you can resupply your C4.
    Result: Dead tower.
    If you do it far enough behind enemy lines, nobody will bother you.