VS weapons are OP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lavaret, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Lavaret

NC=hard hitting weapons.
    TR=Hight rate of fire + more bullets.
    VS=High rate of fire + high accuracy + no recoil + fast reload.

Just lower rate of fire, nothing more to say.
    • Up x 3
  2. Phyr

You keep saying this, but provide no evidence, facts, figures, or even biased opinions. Ever pick up a VS weapon? It too, has recoil.
  3. MNO

VS also have a lot of damage fall off at range by the way, which is significant. I played NC first, and honestly, I prefered NC guns way more.

For instance, NC LMG's, they have the Gauss Saw (okay okay, it's not awesome, but its versatile), and the GD-22s and EM6 which are both AWESOME, they shred people close up, and can still be used decently at range.

VS get nothing as versatile as that in my opinion, the Orion is the best we get, and while it's awesome in CQC, it's not hot in mid/long range. I also tried the Pulsar and that was okay at range, but felt pretty bad at CQC in comparison, as did the SVA. I just can't find anything that has that middle ground of "great at CQC, okay at mid/long".

Other than that I can't comment that much, but playing NC (upto BR30 or so), I never felt underpowered against VS, did way better against VS than I did TR.

VS weapons generally have the same DPS as TR and NC. Look at the stats.
  4. SgtScum

Until you unlock grips. Then its a terror in cqc and damn annoying at mid and long range.
  5. Liquid23

NC WEAPONS ARE OP NER... oh wait ... forget I said that... wrong thread

VS WEAPONS ARE OP NERF NOW!!!!
    • Up x 1
  6. MNO

"Annoying at mid and long range". That's the point, annoying isn't lethal. Taking one or two more shots at range than other factions would need due to the damage fall off, is significant.
  7. Sifer2

The last chart I read showed VS damage drop off to be insignificant at anything but extreme sniper range. The fact is they are the most accurate, while firing nearly as fast as TR. Info taken straight from game files. They are basically easy mode version of TR as far as Inf guns are concerned. Their tank of course is crazy good compared to others.
    • Up x 2
  8. Phyr

VS weapons have easier to control recoil, but the same COF as TR weapons. Personally I feel the solstice has too much spread at mid-long range, but I don't make threads ******** about it.
  9. Lavaret

So what, aiming in head is so easy with VS weapons. I have no problem vs TR but against VS I always need to be sneaky because I know in 1vs1 I have no chance. DPS is the same but only on paper.
  10. SgtScum

This is the engy stock gun I was talking about. Being an annoying **** at mid to long range is a massive bonus.

The heavys orion otoh with grips and scope is just silly good at close to mid range pwnage.

Long range on all VS classes is also medicore except for the parallax for the infiltrator.

But they are supposed to be good at long range with it.
  11. MNO

Why is aiming at the head harder with other faction weapons?

Unless you haven't played an FPS in the past 5 years, then the whole "bullet drop" thing (which is so slight compared to other games) comes naturally anyway, as NC I never had to actively "think" about how much bullet drop was needed, it just comes naturally, because it's in every FPS game.

Haha fair enough, personally haven't been a huge fan of the Engi stock gun and wanting to get the VX6/7 as I hear it rocks. For me it just feels like the other factions stock engi guns, empties a clip fast, fairly accurate at mid range, decent burst-ability at long range.

I'm not saying "Oh I can handle any weapon, in my godly hands any weapon is OP" or anything, but I seriously think that the factions weapons are SO similar, it's almost hard to differentiate between how they feel sometimes, especially with the carbines. I think a lot of the "omg that gun is so siq" comes straight from peoples imagination. If you're getting killed by xx weapon over and over, you start to think it's OP, infact it's just the same as your own but it's the default so every man and his dog is running around with it.
  12. Lavaret

My skill has nothing to do with that, you do not know me so stop guessing. This thread is about OP VS weapons not about me.
  13. MNO

When did I ever mention your skill? :S

Well, it was a fun debate we just didn't have. I look forward to next time.

Also, the instant you said "This thread is about OP VS weapons", stating it as pure fact, you just drummed it into the ground. Goodbye any meaningful discussion, this thread can join the rest of the "OMG NERF" trash.
    • Up x 1
  14. Phyr

Back up your claims, otherwise we're left to discredit you on a personal level.
  15. SgtScum

Dunno about the other available guns as I haven't trialed them yet but the stock solstice is crap till you get the grips.

Once I got it attached I was murdering heavys even with them using the nano shield.

Mega fast rof with pinpoint accuracy at cqc ranges = sad pandas. :p
  16. Lavaret

Why is aiming at the head harder with other faction weapons?
    Is harder because you have high accuracy, no recoil, and high rate of fire and screen start jumping if you get a hit. Good NC player vs good VS player. VS win. Weapons shouldn't have fast rof and high accuracy because this combination is always deadly.
  17. Antivide

No they're not. You make NC look bad.

VS: 700 rpm, worst damage at range, medium recoil
    TR: 750-800 rpm, better damage at range, low recoil

Basically TR weapons are faster firing VS weapons with less recoil. If anything TR is still OP as heck.

Then again, we have yet to see how severe the TR ADS accuracy while moving has been decreased. Imo if it's big enough it's enough to balance TR out. Highest rate of fire with low recoil? Of course they should be less accurate, they FIRE faster to compensate.

Gauss Rifle and Pulsar are pretty even neck and neck, Cycler are superior to both.
  18. iGamer1990

lol you cant be serious
  19. KlyptoK

QUICK!

Never get off the merry-go-round of nerfs! After each nerf we need to go and ask for the next faction to be nerfed! We must camp here until each person tanks a hundred bullets from guns!

This is absurd.
    • Up x 1
  20. SgtScum

The balance to this is that tr and nc weapons both have good burst accuracy at all ranges in comparison to vs weapons until you get the grips. Then its clearly in vs favor but only at cqc or mid ranges.

Both tr and nc outstrip vs weapons at long range in all classes even the infiltrator with parallax.