VS CME discussion thread

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Trysaeder, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Trysaeder

Wow, the CME has a first shot recoil multiplier of THREE times, compared to 2.75 of the VS1, 2.5 of the Cycler and 2.0 of the Gauss. Kind of bad for a long ranged AR, where the SABR has 1.4x and Reaper has 1.5x.

Nearly all VS weapons have above average first shot recoil as well.
  2. Lavalampe

Since i got the stats here i figured out, that the CME is one of the worst guns in this game.
    It has the same Dmg as the other Vanu Assault Rifles but the slowest rate of fire and one the highest initial recoil.
    Compared to the Equinox it's just a joke. The Equinox has nearly the exact same stats but an lower initial recoil. The Equinox also can use the grenade launcher!
    This must be a mistake from the devs. Why does the long range weapon for the vanu medic the highest initial recoil?!

My suggestion: Lower the Initial Recoil to 1,75x like the T1S Cycler from TR.
  3. Trysaeder

Yeah, I'd love to see the CME buffed slightly like your suggestion. The NS-11a could use a little buff as well, since it's in a similar albeit more flexible place than the CME.

In other news, I NEVER HAD THE HIGH VELOCITY AMMO EQUIPPED DURING MY ENTIRE TIME WITH THE CME.

Equipped it earlier today, and it feels like the shots are a bit punchier. The recoil increase kind of kills the point of this rifle, as I couldn't even kill a guy hiding behind a fence with the top half of his head showing about 35 metres away. At 35 metres I should not be forced to single fire this weapon. If the VS long ranged rifle with long ranged ammunition can't group more than 2 shots on a guy's head in that situation, something is wrong.

Another thing that must be fixed is the sight size on the CME (and other weapons). The dots in both the 1x reflex and 2x reflex are HUGE. I've mentioned it before, but it's only after returning to the Pulsar LSW that I realise how much it affects my accuracy.
  4. Rbstr

I want to know why it doesn't get additional damage like the rest of the "marksman" rifles. Reaper DMR and that TR one do.
    And it doesn't seem to just be a VS-are-excluded thing, the Pulsar C gets a damage bump like the other factions long-range carbines.
    • Up x 1
  5. Lavalampe

That's a good question. Maybe an coding mistake?
    Devs, this needs attention!
  6. Grotpar

The CME has higher rate of fire than the SABR and Reaper. Not by much, compared to the SABR(45 RPM).

Compared to the SABR, this is very strange, because while our RPM rivals the TR, our equivalents usually don't outspeed TR weapons.
    The Reaper also has very low bullet velocity, is it really the equivalent to our CME and SABR? Which both have above average bullet velocity.

I personally tried the CME with advanced forward grip and 3.4x scope and 1x reflex sight, and I just can't get it to outperform a forward grip and 1x reflex sight Pulsar at range. And it's especially bad in close quarters, as well.

I'd gladly trade some of that RPM to get similar damage to the SABR, as this will improve burstfire damage at long range, which the CME is supposed to excel at.
  7. Trysaeder

Fix the CME first?
  8. Grotpar

It actually is everything the CME hopes to be.
    It's a little sad.
  9. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Yes, the CME's my favorite weapon. As a medic, I love having all of the power from it.

I spent my last 100 certs on my Thanatos' extended magazines.. My next 100 will go to my CME, for the underbarrel. :)

I find it more powerful, easily.
  10. Trysaeder

Bump for great justice as the NS-11a is just a CME with better stats. Faster reload times, faster bullet velocity, better hip fire cone, larger magazine and faster movement speed while ADS. There's zero reason to choose the CME over the NS-11a because it's a straight upgrade.
  11. Lavalampe

Just makes me feel more fooled after i put 460 certs inside the CME at the first week after release...
    Atm I use the H-V45 as an Allround Weapon and perform way better compared to the CME.

Come on Devs, the CME needs some more love cause it's not a sidegrade. It just a DOWNGRADE.

My buff suggestions:
    - Increase the minimum damage to the same as the T1S Cycler (125 instead 112 @115m)
    - lower the initial recoil from 3,00x to 1,75x (like the T1S Cycler)
    - Change the tooltip from this weapon!

So the Cycler still has 10 more Rounds and a slightly faster rate of fire but the CME finally become more usefull.
    The Corvus will still deals more damage but has a slightly higher initial recoil and a lower rate of fire.
  12. MartianDiscoFish

The CME is certainly an odd weapon, it has a recoil of 0.2 (which is the lowest recoil in the whole game)
    but a first shot multiplyer of 3x (which is the highest in the whole game)

So the gun is terrible at burst fire, but amazing at sustained fire
    so it's clearly meant as a support weapon for suppressive fire

But unfortunely it only has 30 rounds in a mag, which makes suppressive fire somewhat tricky
    This gun would be much better with a 40 or 50 round mag.
  13. Lavalampe

And even the 0.2 recoil isn't unique. The H-V45 has the same recoil and dmg but way more rpm and tot to mention a sick hipfire accuracy.
    So it's still better than the CME...
  14. TheEvilBlight

Wish I'd found this thread before buying the CME when it got on sale. Oy.

At least I won't blow any certs on it.
  15. Sebyos

I got a fully certed Pulsar, H-V45, Nova, Equinox and now a CME and for some reason I really like the CME.

It's not a good TTK weapon, but it's great for doing what a medic should do most of the time which is long range cover fire while keeping an eye on people's health. The upgrades available on it are just really good, the double grip gives a lot of control during sustained ranged shooting.

I still stick to Nova for CQC and Hydra for medium tough.
  16. YoungTerror

Im with you on this. I have mines with foregrip, comp, HV ammo and i really like it. Its great for sustained fire at med range with decent ROF. Its like the HA Pulsar LSW where most people dont see the point of the weapon when others do it better. These two weapons just feel great to use and are easy to manage recoil wise. And unlike the Corvus it can do much better if you ever get into a CQC situation. Its not a HV45 by any means but you wont get **** on either.
  17. NexiKuro

125 dmg at 115m? never. it already deals (slightly) more damage than TR weapons until 71meters(where it drops below 125dmg) or 82meters with HV ammo(versus 65 and 75 meters for regular weapons respectively). You want no bullet drop and a slightly longer 8hits to kill range(125dmg) without any drawbacks? It's not like ARs are really intended for ranges beyond 82m anyway, infiltrators will end you.

As someone who's used it, It could do with lower initial recoil, especially since it's not hard hitting and thus has a higher base spread(which, unlike bf3, cant be improved). all automatics with "normal" ammo have a base spread of 0.1 in this game, guns with heavier ammo/more damage have a base spread of 0.03.

Finally, the sabr has nice stats because its a forced 2shot semi, which makes it somewhat harder to use and unappealing to loads of people. Look at bf3, the AN-94 was the best gun on paper(high accuracy with the highest RPM), but the m16 was way more popular. The sabr also deals less damage per magazine than other TR ARs because it only packs 30 rounds instead of the usual 40.

Currently the Corvus is a better comparison for the sabr and the reaper than the CME, because of their damage types. The CME is a regular damage rifle intended towards longer ranges. I don't think the other factions have a real mirror for it atm, aside from the NS-11a.