[Video] AV Turret Preview/Review/Rant

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Wrel, Feb 13, 2013.

1. CraftKing

also the engy is so exposed to snipers compare to AI turrets.
  2. Badname2490

Turret is just fine.
    • Up x 2
  3. Korz101

We need the following to make us complete:
    AA Turret
    AA Mine
    Lock on AA Turret
    Lock On AV Turret
    Auto Aim AI Turret
    I win button
  4. Rusky

Doubt it will, it's highly impractical.

You need to score direct hits to kill infantry as the splash is worthless (comparable to tank AP shells).
    You won't be direct hitting anyone at range, and trying to use this at short ranges against infantry is suicide except maybe to camp a very tight corridor or something against MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  5. Badname2490

Yeah...it's not gonna get used against infantry. It has little to no splash.

The only way I killed a few infantry on my trial was direct hits while they were still or I guided it
    • Up x 1
  6. Prodigal

I get your point, but I also think that all its flaws make up for the edges.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kiekeboe

Making reviews about stuff is good but...
    The only thing I heard was, OPOPOPOPOPOPOP from this guy. Did you even kill something with it? except the 1 infantry LOL.
    This thing isn't even out for a day and the only thing this guy can say is, It's OPOPOPOPOP.

You were saying a lot of stuff about, you can use it like this and that but I don't see any footage?
    I can say I can kill a tank with a pistol, but is this true?

Why can't people wait a week and see how it goes ingame before calling everything OP.:confused:
    • Up x 3
  8. freeze

exactly my point...

another item for scrubs to camp a corner and then insta-gib you with explosive weapons

should've made that **** lock-on
  9. Otulien

But.. The Infiltrator is still broken.

Why does the Engi get new toys?
  10. DrankTHEKoolaid

Not OP IMO. We've seen TOW type launchers in other games and they were never a problem. The fact that you can guide the rocket doesn't mean it's easy mode kills on everything you can see. Curving rockets around hills or buildings is something that will VERY rarely happen. I personally would take a heavy with dumb fire rockets against a vehicle in any day. Are these gonna be better in certain situations? Sure, but they have major weaknesses that the other anti armor devices don't.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bill Hicks

oh noes a stationary rocket launcher with no zoom with a 4.5 cooldown. Its not like there is 89987790 snipers looking for you or other infantry. And it not like magriders have ability to strafe or use a turbo function. How is this different from 4 heavies running around some rocks pounding you with rockets?

I am going to enjoy shooting engineers who are trying to find flat ground to lay it out in the midst of all that gun fire.
    • Up x 1
  12. Flix

A rocketlauncher...Oh wait no we got those too now. And we can guide them.
    By the way. Where is the use of the AI-mana-turret now that we have a turret that onehits infantery and kills tanks and can be used to shell the enemy base and kill all the turrets with absolutly no effort. Did i mention that this is a typical SOE-move? They even put a pricetag on it. Like some special pods for some special flyers which made them op until everyone caught up/aa got buffed.
    But hey. Looks balanced to me. Absolutly nothing that could go wrong with those things. Especialy on the infantry-fight department. Now we have a second class that can missuse a AV weapon \o/.

You have to show me that trick how you drop all those simultaneously. You know how much time it takes to place all those tools at places where they are usefull? And we get 10 kills by that? I think even a medic can kill more dudes in that time.
    Not saying that the AV-turret is anywhere to balanced or even deserved.
  13. RapierSix

What about a serious anti-material rifle or rail gun rather than a rocket...
    effective on light vehicles, with a damage drop off against higher armored vehicles like MBTs.

I love my engi, i love the idea of a useful turret for siege situations when I cant go and deploy mines because of camping, but so slow guided rockets?
  14. Halcyon

The immobility and vulnerability due to being stationary and having no protective shield pretty much nullifies any "bonus" this weapon may have with firing around corners.
    Even so, you have to see a target to hit it. Firing blindly around corners doesn't guarantee you any chance of hitting.

Sorry. Your argument doesn't wash.
  15. Schnitzle

Honestly, this is op. And although my main infantry class is engineer, I think infantry is fast becoming the hard counter to everything in this game. Who is in charge of these ideas?
    • Up x 1
  16. Phyr

I've concluded it's really good at getting you killed.
  17. VSMars

I think a better idea is to give the Infiltrators an AM rifle. Not one to actually damage the vehicles much (aside from the lightly armoured ones like Flash and the ESFs), but with interesting status effects like disabling the electronics or movement system for a short while on a successful hit.
  18. Tycan

jet packs... the final piece to the perfect class
    • Up x 1
  19. Anonynonymous

I can see how Magriders would hate these. Finally a rocket they can't dodge all the time.
  20. Rusky

Anyone saying this is OP at this point is just trolling or bandwagoning.

Getting in this thing and trying to guide your rocket all the way to your target makes you the most vulnerable target in the game, bar none. You have the protection of a regular infantry sitting perfectly still in the open coupled with the render priority of a vehicle.
    You will get sniped by snipers, tanks, ESF and Libs so fast you might not even get to point your rocket in the right direction.

Oh and did I mention that the gun has recoil ? It kicks up a bit after each launch, and since it's wire guided, that means you NEED to correct and cant fire and forget unless you're at point blank range or something.
    Also the smoke the rocket makes when you fire gets in the way so you can't do any correction in the first couple of seconds.