[VIDEO] Angry Tankbuster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WycliffSlim, Apr 6, 2014.

1. lawn gnome

i never meant to imply they were. the point is the combination of circumstances makes lock on AA missiles at best difficult to make useful. for a good solid baseline when was the last time you EVER saw a new thread about how lock on missiles are OP. most balanced weapons in any game will get at least an occasional complaint thread.

but they cost no resources and can be refilled by ammo kits so i think they deserve to be a little on the weak side.
  2. IamnotAmazing

because that would be messing with something that doesn't need to be messed with
  3. FaLI3N

If you pilots that were genuinely open to discussion with both air and ground could come up in defense of players making well-reasoned arguments then I am sure it would do wonders for the average relations between us. A lot of players depict you as elitist scrubs and I know it isn't fair but there are a few of you.. not saying who as it is abundantly clear, who are just not open to suggestions at all and come up with the least reasonable of counter-arguments in every one of these threads and just drag down the public image of you all.

These people who just deny everything and do not offer up anything to the discussion hurt you more in the long run as they are the ones that result in the dirty sledgehammer nerfs. If you want a real impact on SOE's balance changes then they need to see players standing together and having proper discussions while defending players on both sides of the argument when they are called out over the pettiest of illogical reasons. This makes us all look less biased and makes the information and arguments we provide on game balance carry a lot more weight so that SOE won't rely purely on broken statistics.

I would be glad to start by saying that it seems that you are letting emotions cloud your judgement and are making sweeping statements with little air experience. Sure your opinion should be counted but making childish remarks such as "enjoy your future flying harassers" does not bring anything to this discussion and just dilutes any previous arguments you brought up as they could be discounted purely off of your recent remarks. You should be responding to his arguments and providing reasonable responses, not making empty threats and putting words into his mouth in order to give you something that is easier to argue against.
    • Up x 1
  4. WycliffSlim

Many pilots will freely admit things that are a bit strong about air. Like the fact that Liberators DO dominate smaller fights. I've stated that I wouldn't mind an increase in the tankbuster shots required to kill a MBT from the rear because it is a bit easy right now.

The problem many pilots have is when people with quite literally no experience flying start suggesting sweeping changes. How can you expect to understand and balance a weapon you're never used. For instant in this discussion LawnGnome making all the suggestions on the Tankbuster. He's had multiple pilots telling him that; one the changes aren't needed, and two that they would break the weapon. I've tried to explain to him multiple times why this is the case yet he continues to insist that it would be fine because he... used it in VR and apparently understands how it performs now. This is the kind of thing that sets many pilots off. Yes, you're completely right, some of them are very self-centered but the majority of pilots spend quite a bit of time on the ground and really do want what's best for this game.

We're just at a point now where the loudest segment of pilots is often the self-centered ones and the loudest segment of non-pilots are the absolutely ignorant one and both sides have the absolute worst opinion of the other that only gets reinforced due to running into the smaller louder segment more often than the reasonable one.

At the end of the day this might make me sound elitist but when someone hasn't used the weapon/vehicle they're talking about at all I have a problem taking them seriously because quite frankly ALL they know about it is getting killed by it and whether you intend to or not that will make you incredibly biased.
    • Up x 2
  5. JackD

Not really a good ESF is able to out maneuver the Lib nosegun in hovermode, since the ESF can change the direction from left to right way faster then a Lib can. Of course that needs some skill but so does using the Tankbuster on ESF.
  6. Foxirus

I never once said it could out maneuver an ESF, I am saying it gets pretty damn close for giant air ship that has more armor than a main battle tank. Read that I said "nearly" out maneuver.

A fix I recommend would be making it to where if the lib turns on its side or turns upside down (as most do to go AA mode) Drop from the sky like a rock. That lib weighs waaaay too much to be THAT floaty upside down, Make it as heavy as it looks. Being able to take on ESF's as easily as it does is it working outside of its intended roles. Its a bomber, Not an AA fighter.

Unless its going full speed, The second you turn that thing at an angle (where your thrusters are not focused down), It needs to have a heavy altitude drop. That is my recommendation to fix it. The lib right now is doing too good in every role, Perfect in AI, Perfect in AV, Perfect in AA.

Don't bother trying to knock this, I am not the best pilot when it comes to an ESF, But when I do, I keep my distance and have to move extremely erratically to avoid not getting one shot by a belly up Lib. While I am doing these evasive maneuvers, I cannot fire back as I have to either be hovering, or flying directly at the lib to be getting shots on it. If I take the offensive, I am literally a sitting duck while attempting to put some damage on it regardless of how fast I am moving, I still have to point my nosegun at it and still have to fly towards it. Don't bother saying use vertical thrust and evade that way, Vertical thrust is not fast enough.
  7. JackD

Its not a bomber its a gunship, it doesnt even have bomb. ESF against Libs is actually well balanced, no reason to change that.
    • Up x 2
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

lovely vid! and nice fx for a lib pilot from hell;)
  9. machocamacho

The thing is.. it does not "nearly" out maneuver an esf -not even close. I can tell within the first 5-10 seconds of fighting an ESF while in my lib if they know what the hell they are doing, mostly because Ive spent an inappropriate amount of time in this game flying a lib and getting ganked by an esf, or two, or three, or even more than that as of late. If an esf knows what he/she is doing then I stand "nearly" 0% chance against them, even in a 3/3 lib. My tank buster will not be in a position to land a shot, ever. Furthermore, two competent esfs working together will quickly put an end to even the best liberator crews with ease. They will not need to rely on the reverse maneuver and my tb will not land a single hit on them before my lib burns. That is where the lib and esf are in air to air to air combat today. Sure every decent lib pilot has "busted" some "scrub" or afk pilots, but those are "scrub" and afk pilots.
    • Up x 1
  10. Foxirus

Considering a liberator has more armor than majority of tanks and can pretty much deal death untouched from all ranges, I can see a ton of reasons why it needs to be changed. There have already been plenty of posts that prove my point the liberator is performing out of its intended goals. It does not need to be a god in all three forms of combat.
  11. WycliffSlim

It doesn't have more armor than a tank.
    • Up x 2
  12. Dead soldier

It isn't a god. The ultimate god of the game is infantry. They have access to change their loadout for ANY situation and don't cost any resources or need any certs to be effective. But I don't see an infantry nerf about versatility coming soon.
  13. GoyoElGringo

I love it when Libs try to chase me down with their tank buster. I lead them into a trap and turn on them as soon as they try to run away.
  14. Foxirus

When you switch your infantry roles, You trade off weaknesses and strengths. When a lib decides to switch roles, There is no trade off. Not to mention, You fall more than around 30m, You're dead as infantry.
  15. JackD

A LIberator is way bigger then a Tank and far easier to see from distance.
    Have you ever flewn one? Of course there are trade offs.
  16. Dreadnaut

"Deal death untouched from all ranges"

Says the guy with ZERO hours in a Liberator. You don't have any clue what it takes to fly a Liberator.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Foxirus
    • Up x 1
  17. Dreadnaut

Stats site says ZERO hours in the Liberator.
    • Up x 1
  18. Schwak

Typical from most people who have never flown one and only play infantry. They get farmed by something they lack the skill or coordination to counter and then cry that it's OP.
    • Up x 1
  19. dstock

While I agree with the sentiment, you show up as 0 hours on DA until you qualify with a relevant weapon on that vehicle.

Eg, according to DA, I have 0 hours in a Reaver on my NC. According to planetside 2 stats, I have 7 hours, but not enough kills with any single weapon to qualify for the DA boards.

Profile in questions has 5.5 hours Lib, with 103 kills. Now, carry on.
  20. Dreadnaut

I appreciate the clarification, thank you.