[Suggestion] [Vehicle] Improving ANT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cross888, May 28, 2016.

1. Cross888

Hey guys,
    I have been thinking about how ANT could be improved with more possibilities.

So lets begin:

Vehicle utility:
    -Generator: A deployed ANT can act like a generator and can power modules for cost of stored cortium within 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 meters.
    -C-Barrier: Should use additional cortium to block actual damage.

Passive system:
    -Cortium Storage should be a chassis type, it would make more sense.
    -To fill up gap, change it to Builder, that decreases the amount of time for a structure to be built.

Mandible utility:
    -Harvester: Mandible collects cortuim and fills up silos faster.
    -Ranged: Mandible can collect cortium and fill up silos from bigger distance.

A new type of top gun, Fixer:
    -It could repair structures, vehicles and MAXes for cost of stored cortium.

Other:
    -Allow players to fill up other ANTs with cortium.
    -Allow players from the same squad/platoon to siphon cortium out of other ANTs and silos (with RMB?).

If something comes into my mind I will return to add. Creative comments are also welcome :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Pelojian

I like the generator idea, maybe put it in utility or defense slot?

changing storage to a chassis type would be a nerf, not a buff every other vehicle can choose between racer or rival and not have something so changing in chassis. a better idea would add a utility ability in utility slot to ANTs that while active speeds up the building of structures within a fixed radius.

besides building a silo first and putting cortium in it then drawing it as needed out of the silo nets you more experience then just pulling out of ANTs.

I like the mandible utility and top gun ideas, this turns it more into an IFV like the ones in red alert 2.

lastly filling other players ANTs would be fine but drawing resources out of other squadded players ANTs? would have to be permission based to do that, it's one thing to be in a squad, it's another to actual play as a team rather then for the squad boosts.
  3. Cross888

Hm, I just said the chassis because its more logical that you rather need a chassis modification to enlarge the cargo than magically pressure cortium with passive systems. Of course I wouldnt like to nerf it, just adjust some things :) I guess its better with your ideas, thanks!

And the ANT resource draw is obviously meant to be permission based.

So changes are:
    -Passive remains the same
    -Builder goes to utility. It also has range like Generator.
    -To draw cortium from an ANT/Silo would require permission (default - off).
    • Up x 1
  4. Pelojian

I would put the draw from ANT permission in vehicle management window (where you can lock your vehicle or make squad only.)
  5. LodeTria

What do you mean the C-barrier should use additional cortium to block damage? You want to nerf it even more?
    Also there's no real reason to put more cortium storage in the chassis. That is just an Uneeded nerf to a weakish platform.

Also the ANT is getting the repair and ammo modules later (like sunderer), as they already have icons for it and have discussed putting it on there.

Allowing people to drain cortium from the silo just invites trolling, so that isn't happening.
  6. Cross888

Yes, C-Barrier cortium usage is too low. Upgrade cortium storage and C-Barrier a little bit, and you got a tankier tank than the Vanguard. It supposed to be a defensive/support unit, not a raider.

When I talk about repair, I mention the top gun, no more. And no ammo. Every vehicle should have their own special charasteristics, otherwise it gets boring and less tactical or diverse.

And maybe read again, allowing it, only with permission. Then there is no trolling.
  7. LodeTria

It's really not. When it first came out on live it was too strong, but they already nerfed it to take more damage. It's combat potential is okay now, not too outrageous. It stops harassers well, and some air units too, but it does not hold a candle to MBTs or liberators. You won't win in a fight against those unless they out-numbered.

Even allowing squad only members to do it just makes inviting randoms a very dangerous idea, which isn't something that should be associated with squad play.
  8. Cross888

Then I dont know, I keep encountering ANTs those eat several (7-8) AP Vanguard shots with their shield...