Upcoming LA Revamp Discussion

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by DJPenguin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Flashtirade

I would do Akimbo like this.

Suit slot upgrade: Dual Holster (150 to 400 certs)
    Allows user to carry a second pistol. When equipped, user can switch between using one or two pistols by pressing the secondary weapon key (in the same manner that S-weapons toggle to their launchers).

Pros:
    + The stopping power of two pistols
    + Could possibly allow carrying of different pistols, so the secondary toggle would cycle as Pistol 1 -> Pistol 2 -> Pistol 1 & 2 -> Pistol 1 (changing the suit slot into a two-tier upgrade, the first to allow dual wielding or switching between pistols and the second to allow both abilities)

Cons:
    - Cannot ADS
    - Cannot carry extra ammo because it takes up the suit slot
    - Longer equip time
    • Up x 1
  2. Pat22

• Up x 1
  3. Carisha

> Buff LA Grenades A LOT. Currently they are useless.
    > Recon Tools. The Infiltrator is a okay scout but a LA would be a better one. Advanced Spotting Binoculars GO!
    > Faster! Both jump jets need to be a lot faster. Drifter is "Yay I can go slightly faster than everyone else can sprint" and Verts are "Every one shoot me I'm a flying sloth"
    > Assault Rifles. Seriously, the light assualt is already carrying rifle sized shotguns, why not Assault Rifles?
    • Up x 2
  4. DJPenguin

I want to be able to throw grenades mid flight without it stopping the jump jets from working. Annoys me every time.
    • Up x 5
  5. Tentakewls

*cof*
    • Up x 2
  6. LibertyRevolution

I want to be able to dual wield full auto shotguns... :rolleyes:
    [IMG]

• Up x 1
  7. Baconite

I would like an indicator for when the flash bang goes off, OR make it have a detonator so I can choose when to trigger it. Or you can just give me conc grenades.

Maybe make adrenaline pump a passive ability that all LA have.

But any idea that takes away JJ's outright silly.
    • Up x 2
  8. DQCraze

Best thing they could do for the light assault is give it a sapper weapon.

Energy drain damage. 10 meter range and could be certed so a full charge could kill a turret in say 5 secs. It would take like 4 full charges to kill a vehicle.
  9. phreec

DW SMGs? Wow, that's not gonna disrupt balance at all...
  10. Stargazer86

Akimbo weapons? Yeah...

There have been tons of actual, useful suggestions in the LA sub-forum of how to overhaul the LA class. Out of all of them, Akimbo weapons are by far the one of the most stupid and moronic that could have possibly been brought forth. I sometimes wonder whether the developers have any clue as to what their player-base actually wants. (And judging from the recent backlash against their design of the TR Cougar and overall disappointment with the recent patch, I'd say that no. No they do not.)

Good lord. Give us a TOOL. Give use something that makes us a boon to the squad instead of just a lone wolf kill farmer. Akimbo weapons does nothing for the Light Assault and is a horrible gimmick that should be shunned like a diseased leper.
    • Up x 2
  11. Pineapple Pizza!

Dual-wielding is a terrible idea which adds nothing to the game.

Sudden attacks from unexpected angles are what define the class; simply giving them more guns or more second-rate grenades or infiltrator tools or what-have-you does not give Light Assault a role that any other class could do. Infiltrators are better at recon and camping, Engineers have unlimited smoke, and Heavies have concussion grenades / rockets.

Standard Jets and Drifter Jets should be combined, with standards receiving faster vertical movement, and drifters faster horizontal movement. You should be able to ADS while flying, and have 'Stand-Move' accuracy while doing so. This can let a good light assault function as part of a squad (both inside and out of buildings) by allowing them to chip away at opponents before the rest of the group pushes.
    • Up x 3
  12. NoctD

Actually - that'd be Higby. This game needs a new creative head really badly.
    • Up x 6
  13. MasterCheef

i recall akimbo being one of the LEAST liked LA revamp ideas. i find it strange they would waste time on it.
    • Up x 4
  14. Nerp

I'LL STICK TO MY DRIFTERS THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Now maybe a nice revamp would be letting us hold let's say.... 5, maybe 6 bricks of c4.... Yes... Hehehehe....
    • Up x 2
  15. Posse

So...

Dual SMGs with JJ = completely broken and overpowered
    Dual SMGs without JJ = pointless, if I wanted a skilless setup I'd grab a shotgun with JJ and it would be more effective.

I don't see this working.
    • Up x 6
  16. Iridar51

MMORPG.com: Light Assault is set for a revamp fairly soon here. What can you tell us about it?
    Matt Higby:
    The cornerstone of the Light Assault revamp is doing akimbo weapons. They’re going to be able to dual-wield SMGs, dual-wield pistols, essentially. That’s sketchy for a variety of reasons in terms of player power, because Light Assaults are already incredibly deadly, so them having access to two of those weapons is going to be tough. It’ll probably be a tradeoff of not being able to use your Jump Jet. So now you’ve gained a lot of lethality, but you’ve lost a lot of your maneuverability.

What is this I don't even.
    First they took away attack weapon from the stealth attack class.
    Now they want to take away mobility tool from mobility class? I really hope that Higby is just a representative for the media at this point, and has no real say in what actually happens.

Of all the ways of implementing the dual wield he managed to pick the worst one - that in no way fixes what is wrong with LA, yet still somehow will make us hated and imbalanced in stupid way. Every time I think - this is it, this can't possibly get any worse, there is a limit to their incompetence - they manage to surpass that limit.
    • Up x 5
  17. Kristan

Dual wielding weapons? Especially with removal of jetpack? Really? "I never asked for this."©

Higby needs a good steaming cup of common sense.

We don't need "MOAR DAKKA!". We need role diversification.
    • Up x 5
  18. ReformerTR

seems logical.........
  19. DevDevBooday

Ok say we do get dual wield....

2x Armistice SMGS 896rpm at 125 each.

That makes it 1792rpm at 125 damage.

That means a LA could have a DPS of 3733.

the next highest in the game is 2013 dps.

As a light assault you would be GOD!

You would have almost DOUBLE the DPS of the uber DPS weapons,
  20. MarkAntony

So basically the light assault revamp is gonna be even worse than the Infiltrator revamp. And here I thought that being worse than that was impossible.
    The infiltrator needed things to hack.
    The light assault needs things that reinforce the flanking/mobility role it has. And give it some teamplay options.
    NOT ******* AKIMBO COD BS