Unplayable on Multi-Monitor Systems Due To Low FoV

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skid, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skid

Then it's working correctly, the only thing this fix does is remove the FoV limit so that you FoV is correct to the vertial FoV you selected in the options. It also then matches vehicle FoV to the same as you infantry FoV. The fisheye effect is the result of how rendering works and how your eyes work, you should be looking directly at the centre screen, the left and right screens are you peripheral vision and not your focus. Everything else is a bug with the game, also the menus work, they just don't render correctly, so ether memorize where everything is or set it up on one screen first.
  2. Slim Mat

The fish eye makes it look like things on the side screens are wrapped inwards, towards me. It looks stupid and makes me ill. Things that should just look like straight lines actually bend at an angle at the screen transition.

edit: I should probably take a screen shot to compare.
  3. Lavans

this is exactly why i dislike high FOV
  4. JoCool

Got it, set FOV to 80 (up from 74). The vehicle view is somewhat stretched but at least I have proper overview now. Thanks a lot!
  5. Bullhornz

Got the game today. Im on a nvidia surround setup (3 screens). Im running 5870x1080 (bezel corrected) on a gtx690. I couldnt even get into the settings window because it was clipped out in surround mode. I wont be playing ps2 untill it has better surround support.

- Menus are missing all over the place
    - Some are invisible untill you mouse over them, others are just outside your screen
    - Never got around to test FOV.
  6. Seabottom

Yup that's the same with everyone else on surround mode. It's no big deal though. The menu items don't change locations so it's pretty easy finding them again. Settings, deployment and other related "buttons" are located to the edge of the screen, so that means far right and far left corners of your setup.
  7. JoCool

It is really much much better. My eyes don't hurt after a while like they used to. I noticed the effect after an hour of gaming immediately. I feel that orientation is much easier, the perception of where you are is increased. Thanks a lot, you are doing a great deed with that program fix. Everyone should get that until SOE decides to implement more options into the client itself.
  8. SupaOscar

Hi there, I'm running a triple head 2 go module with 3 screens at a resolution of 3072 x 768, I have tried using flawless widescreen except when I try and run PS2 while flawless is running, I the game always crashes from the load screen, any help?? please
  9. Kevin Lowe

I appreciate the work that's being put into fixing this externally, but this is something that still needs to be integrated into the game client itself. Now that it's out the door on time, this should be on your list of things to fix as soon as possible.
  10. NewKID

i have three U2412m and theyre at 1920x1200. will this still work?

i have a:
    2500k at 4.2
    msi twin frozn 3 7950 at stock
  11. kennykjc

Nope it's not working correctly. Fisheye stuff on Eyefinity is NOT how it's supposed to be. Each screen should be rendered separately so that there is zero warping on the side monitors. It would result in a drop in frame rate but if your system can handle it, this is the proper way to play games. The side monitors influence your movement. Example, there is a door on your left monitor and you try to walk through it, but because of the warping your judgment is thrown off and you walk into the wall. It's completely disorientating even when you're not looking directly at them.

It takes a singles day work from a developer that knows what they're doing to implement "render each screen separately", but it's usually only a priority when it's in demand (ie. racing sims and flight sims). The shooter community has no idea how to run Eyefinity properly as I always see your post in every shooter forum: "you shouldn't be looking at the side monitors".
  12. Vreki

It is how its supposed to work, just google for other Eyefinity screenshots, e.g. from BF3. But I guess you know better than ATI and the entire shooter community.
    Two things you should know:
    1) As far as the game is concerned, you do not have any "side monitors", but just one large screen.
    2) The Eyefinty monitors is supposed to stand on a line, not wrap around your keyboard. The view is based on that setup.

[IMG]
  13. Freyar

Your math is so off. A warped view is proper. The UI elements are SUPPOSED to be in the center of the screen (because that's where your focus is supposed to be), and the rest is peripheral. Now, if you are looking at advertising for Triplehead, Eyefinity, etc. then you'll notice those images aren't stretched because they won't look good to people when they're trying to sell it.

The distorted outside view is appropriate, it is the RIGHT way FoV/Triple-monitor displays are done.
  14. olievlekje

Please add proper Eyefinity support !!!!

Triple monitor setups getting more common everyday cant you guys phone ati/nvidia for a howto =)
  15. Pelik

You may experience low frame rate

I have a 2500k at 4.5Ghz
    and 2 MSI cyclone 1Gb DDR5 oc @ +20% performance
    8gb ram

I play with 3 small screen at 1366x768 (16:10) with 100 of bezel between each screen for a total of 4296x768 resolution
    and I get an average 60-70 fps going to 40-50 fps during large battles
    And I'm CPU bottleneck

In your case you'll have twice the number of pixel with lower core frequency
  16. sgtpwasy

people useing eyefinity setups should have an advantage over regular users. Thats why i have eyefinity...for my peripheral vision. Not because it looks good, thats just the bonus.
  17. Freyar

Then we end up pushing into the old Battlefield 2 arguments. Is it cheating?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/10...lopers-with-best-and-worst-widescreen-support
  18. Vreki

19. Freyar

Doesn't change the fact that the same arguments will be made here. I'm fully aware BF3 PROPERLY supports Eyefinity, but that was done from the start.
  20. NewKID

i guess ill need a second gpu. thanks for the insight
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.