TR Jaguar vs Lynx?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wafflesucker, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Wafflesucker

With the the new Jaguar, I was just wondering which gun performs best for close- medium range encounters. Is there a noticable difference, or just personal preference?
  2. Pockets

I use the lynx a lot on my engineer and trialed the jaguar. While I was obviously lacking the upgrades my Lynx has, I still didn't see anything that made me feel switching over was a must.
  3. Conq

The Jag has a slightly lower rate but no horizontal recoil. If you unload both guns on a wall the Lynx will travel up and to the right and the Jag only goes up.
  4. gunshooter

The Jaguar is much better, the tradeoff is just a tiny bit of ROF for the best recoil on any TR carbine.
  5. Thrustin

I love the jaguar. It has no horizontal recoil and the spray is tighter. Much better suited for med range than the Lynx. In close quarters, it also tears **** apart, and it only has a very slightly lower RoF (maybe a tenth less, I tried to measure it). Attachments are all the same. I wish this thing had a grenade launcher.

But still, before you purchase it, I'd recommend you try it out.
  6. MarlboroMan-E

Thanks for the thread, good info.
  7. InducedApathy

I might give it a try. Rof and the cone/laser options are the biggest things for me though. Lynx isn't that bad even if I think my vx67 is a smidge better.
  8. NoctD

Does the Jaguar have a 2x reflex sight option? The Lynx doesn't and it really irks me that it doesn't have it.
  9. {joer

My feeling is if you are using your scope on the lynx you are using it wrong ;)

Ok not quite that bad, and I was miffed there was no 2x but I've come to rather use the 1x.
  10. Conq

Hip fire is kind of pointless since you can strafe at full speed while aiming down your sights on both of these guns. You don't even need great aim, just scope in on their torso with a 1x or iron sights and saw them in half with your ADADADADA keys while they barely move and desperately aim for your head.

Also, Forward Grip FTW.
  11. skvadus

What is the point place a forward grip on jag if it dosen't have a horizontal recoil? Or am I missing something
  12. Conq

It still reduces the shake and tightens the spread up, makes longer ranged kills possible.
    • Up x 1
  13. MarlboroMan-E

Somebody confirm you can ADS and move at full speed with both of these?
  14. Ipecac

15. gunshooter

The ADS bonus on these weapons is nice, but the ADS on the Lynx is awful due to it having the harshest recoil in the game. Its only redeeming quality is the advanced laser and its high DPS for hipfiring.

The Jaguar already has nice ADS without any recoil mods, so giving up the advanced laser for a forward grip is a dumb idea, especially since it has bad bullet velocity (made even worse by soft point.) It's a hipfire weapon from close range and a good mid range ADS weapon, but it absolutely doesn't need a forward grip since you can just full auto fire at these ranges and land most of your shots thanks to the very easy recoil that only requires you to scroll your mouse down slightly.
  16. FreakinTank

ive used the lynx the most out of all the carbines and from what ive read and the trial of the jag lynx all the way. recoil really isnt a big deal to a skilled fps player and with a the highest rate of fire and adv laser on the lynx you will hardly be aiming down the sights cuz that lynx and jag are run and gun weapons and rate of fire is the name of the game and with a suppressor on there even those small moments when u actually aim down the sights the recoil becomes immensely better along with soft point ammo wich im not completely sure but it felt as tho recoil was slightly less aswell if you want a gun to use for mid to long range trac 5 s is the gun you want its got long range ammo option along with attachable grenade launcher for those pesky heavies and the recoil without a forward grip is still very easy to manage so i have 3 load outs (lynx with CQC setup, trac 5s for med and for long range) and thats all i need for the joy that is LA. hope this helps
  17. gunshooter

neither soft point ammo or a suppressor reduce recoil and recoil is relevant to absolutely everyone (ignoring the fact that you're not as good as you think you are)

You *HAVE* to ADS in this game. It's not like you can get away never doing it, anyone more than 10m away will never die to hipfire from any weapon, even an advanced laser carbine. This is why the Jaguar is so much better.