TR Combat Medic Weapon of Choice

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by McMottek, Feb 11, 2013.

1. betacyanin

The SABR is a weapon you'll either love or hate. You have to have that moment of inspiration where you suddenly "get" it, otherwise it'll come off as bad or not worth the hype. I'm not trying to make it sound skillful or elitist, it just has a very different approach from the other guns' playstyles and usually takes that moment of epiphany to really get going with it.

If you figure it out, it's brilliant for anything ouside of 15ish meters (inside that the 2x burst and poor hip fire begin to put you at more and more of a disadvantage to the enemy's gun); a compensator and basic foregrip are all you really need to be able to reliably land repeated shots and it's easy to keep track of your ammo situation. If you're shooting from long distance the tiny recoil in single shot mode lets you shoot the same target very quickly, it's fully possible to outsnipe infiltrators with it. The IR/NV scope works wonders for finding targets in mid-range battles (higher settings increase the distance it renders to a reasonable level) and once you have the a target 'locked on' it's hard to repeatedly miss them thanks to the relatively low recoil 2x burst. As an added bonus, what recoil there is more often than not gives you unintentional headshots if you aim around the mid-to-upper-center of their body.

If you don't figure it out, you'll despise it. The 2x burst can be difficult to use and handle - it's similar to a HA rifle but with a worse fire rate added to you not being tanky enough to really play like one; you can technically outsnipe infiltrators but don't have the power needed to mime one successfully; your hip fire is horrible even with a laser sight. The hardest part to deal with compared to other options is probably that as your enemy gets closer your advantages over them will decrease exponentially (in CQC just try your knife, you're probably going to die anyway).

Yeah, if you don't "get" the SABR you're going to have a bad time with it or find it mediocre at best. I've used one for most of my medic career, and though I'm waiting for a SMG or the Nighthawk to go on sale to get a good close to close-mid range weapon it works really well past those ranges.
  2. vulkkan

My vote goes to the T1S for its versatility and accuracy. It handles better than any other TR AR and also has the most attachments available. It's sort of like a higher DPS NS-11A with a larger mag and underbarrel attachments, and also burst fire and balanced horizontal recoil. I would give this gun a 9/10.
  3. TsubasaKuroi

I use the T1S and haven't really looked back. I like the looks too, makes me think of a TAR-21 if it wasn't a bullpup design.

Used to be a SABR-13 user, but I guess I just couldn't handle the gun. Maybe I should give it a go again though with an Advanced Foregrip. :/
  4. Kociboss

You say that, yet you have more kills with TRV.
  5. vulkkan

The site doesn't show WHEN I unlocked the gun. I unlocked the TRV back in December, whereas I started using the T1S at the end of March. The amount of kills I have with a gun doesn't reflect how much I like it. If you rely on my stats, you'd think I love the Trac-5 (I don't) and hate the PDW-16 Hailstorm (also wrong.)
    Please don't use my stats to try and counter my own opinion. It doesn't work that way. Thanks and have a nice day.
  6. Kociboss

So why do you like T1S more than TRV? Asking out of curiosity.

TTK-> 0.497 vs 0.601

Accuracy stats pretty much the same.

TRV has lower recoil and pulls to one direction (although higher rpm might make you *feel* it more).

TRV has worse hipfire than T1S which is negated by adv. laser sight.

Bullet velocity? All you need is leading, still better than carabines.
  7. }{ellKnight

Probably T1S is way better at range than the TRV. I still prefer the TRV though since most fights are in close range.
  8. Hypest

Well i don't know about you, but i never saw a TRV user shooting grenades or smokes :).

And i feel that TR ended up with the short stick with the TRV since the TAR is more comperable to the CQC ARs the other factions have, but it costs more.
  9. Kociboss

I leave smokescreens and ub-nades to engineers in my outfit, since they can resupply themselves with ammo packs.

TRV is, quite frankly, amazing.

But so is T1 cycler, when applied in certain situations.
  10. Gaseous Snake

Hailstorm is a great SMG with a 60 bullet mag enough to take down multiple targets with a single clip. Only problem is its short range so you're confined to using it in closed spaces. In open areas I normally cut the distance between a target and I from cover to cover and then let it loose.
  11. vulkkan

Sorry I didn't notice your post, had you quoted me I would have noticed your reply earlier. :p
    Now onto business: I use the T1S as my outdoor loadout for my CM. Also, the recoil on the T1S is balanced and very low with a foregrip, making it superior to the violent unidrectional recoil on the TRV, which I find more unwieldy to compensate for. The T1S simply feels much more controllable than the TRV. The higher RPM pretty much renders the lower recoil useless on the TRV. The TTK on most guns barely makes a difference; at range, landing more bullets consistently > raw DPS. Indoors... Well, I change between my SMG, shotgun, and TRV.Too many weapons to choose from, but the T1S is my favorite rifle for my usual ranges when I play CM.
  12. GSZenith

Blackjack now and always, need range? use you freaking pistol the thing is amazing. although i do love the cycler burst.
  13. Badname0192

I use the T1-Cycler for my medium/long range moments. Haymaker and Hailstorm has both become my weapons of choice depending on faction. VS usually gets to see the hailstorm, NC gets to see the Haymaker, though sometimes I just keep to the T1-Cycler.

The ROF and control with the T1-Cycler coupled with advanced shield capacitor, stock grenades and a bit of situation awareness can usually keep one alive.

I have an NS-11a Platinum but I don't see how I'd benefit from it while playing TR and use it while playing NC as my main medic weapon for SP and HV and have learned the recoil enough to keep shots on target so should I start digging for an purple medal on my TR, my next rifle will be the NS11a for my TR.

The uppercut is my last resort in ugly situations when I am facing those semi-worthless infiltrators that hide with SMGs to ambush. It's a great way to say 'I SEE YOU' in not so many words.
  14. }{ellKnight

I've ran a few tests in the VR area and TBH I think the Uppercut is better at range. It was consistently dealing more damage at 10 meters than the Blackjack. That 0.5 increase in spread is noticeable and coupled with the lower fire rate doesn't make that extra pellet worth it IMO.
  15. GSZenith

so far only lost to a god with demios with blackjack :)
  16. }{ellKnight

Don't get me wrong, I like the blackjack but I think you would have performed pretty much the same with the Uppercut or even better. In the end they generally perform the same way with the uppercut having a slight advantage.
  17. Shire5k

T1S with compensator, 2x reflex scope, soft point, and grenade launcher.
  18. Amorphium

TRV with foregrip + silencer (thinking about switching to adv lasersight, but the cof reduction seems so small), this weapon enabled me to go toe to toe with HAs in close range
  19. Evil Monkey

I've only used the TAR, TRV and stock Cycler.

I really really wanted to like the TRV, but I felt its hipfire was appalling for a CQC rifle. Having "emergency" hipfire abilities is not the same as the laser-like SMG hipsights of the TAR. It feels a bit unfair that for 250 certs the NC/VS get the HV-45 (amazing allrounder) and G-22 (great hipfire)...

The TRV is not, for me, a true CQC carbine. Yes, its rapid fire makes it powerful when ADS. But if I am relying on ADS, the standard Cycler with foregrip is already an excellent weapon.

The TRV isn't "bad" at all - I just I don't feel the TRV offers enough of a "difference" in engagement range or playstyle to justify even 250 certs.