Took the plunge... Class Switch LA to HA

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kuriby, Aug 1, 2013.

1. MrForz

Being mostly LA and MAX based, HA's are the reason why I pull out shotguns and always try to get out of line of sight. I want them gone immediatly and often it's much easier said that done.

HA is about your most basic soldier with everything you need to be efficient pretty much everywhere, the problem is... Well, being efficient pretty much everywhere. Rest of classes are often much more specialized and tend to fall really short on many situations, and a HA is always a good thing to have. They unlock most of hairy situations, large battles, indoor slaughters, total warfare and get the rest of their group to advance. It's nearly possible with the medic and the engineer, then completly worthless for the rest unless you just want to harrass people which often serves no purpose.

Should it be that way? I don't know, they seem to pack way too much stuff and before going to that game I'd have expected a dedicated anti-tank class rather than strapping a rocket launcher and a shield on a HA.
  2. Bill Hicks

So in other words you are bad? you are going to make alot of real heavies happy for the free kills.
  3. Paqu

Umm... where did I say they were difficult to kill before? I said they are now even easier to kill than before.
  4. HerpTheDerp

10/10 would read again
  5. Sossen

The max hit points are actually 2273 with resist shield and full NWA. Not that it would make a difference in most firefights, and having weapons like the TAR and the Lynx gives you a great advantage over the HA in CQC. The overshield lowers your movement speed appreciably and the horrible hipfire accuracy on even the CQC LMGs evens out the odds considerably. Sure, a HA with an SMG or a shotgun (especially the Jackhammer) is a CQC beast, but against a shotgun or SMG wielding LA you have a tiny TTK advantage but a terrible mobility disadvantage.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bill Hicks

People are who cry about heavies are good everywhere, are bads. Medics can bring back whole platoons; much better than one heavy walking over his dead allies. An engineer can keep several vehicles up and keep maxes up. A infiltrator can help his team know were the enemy is coming from and make every one of them paranoid.

This is a team game. If you want to repair heal fly go invis revive etc and be as good as a heavy then you need to go play legos.
    I play other classes and have no problems with heavies. I have to aim a little better but I love having infinite ammo or being able to revive everyone and have them fight with me.