Too much incentive to play HA

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Phsychotica, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Jourmand1r

I didn't realize that rank and file infantrymen were also pilots and tank operators.
  2. gunshooter

Who doesn't go engineer to use vehicles..?
  3. Jourmand1r

People who want to get out at their destination and roll everyone with their no recoil LMG?
  4. gunshooter

What?

So you drive an incredibly powerful tank capable of getting 50 kills before dying easily into a location as a class that can't repair it, then you get out so that you can be an infantryman who dies in 10 bullets.

Why even post if you know this little about the game.
  5. Jourmand1r

What?

You mean you get in a Magrider as an HA, kill 10 infantrymen outside of a capture point until your tank has low HP, hop out and defend the point with 3 other HAs using your no recoil LMG, then hop back in your mag rider and drive away like its GTA.

You can make a case that you need to be an engineer to effectively use aircraft, but you dont need to be an engineer to use a tank.
  6. gunshooter

Uh, pretty sure repairing your tank and continuing to kill people is better than getting out of your tank and becoming an incredibly fragile infantry player instead.

No one does what you just said except new players. No one drives a tank as HA, and if they do they're an idiot and it's not in a million years a good strategy. What a completely ridiculous thing to complain about.
  7. Jourmand1r

You cant stand on a capture point as a tank, and HA is more effective on the ground than an engineer.

Not all tanks are going to be sustained when you can make unlimited tanks. An HA in a tank > an HA riding in a sunderer. Tanks are free.

They cost "resources" that replenish faster than the cooldown.
    • Up x 1
  8. gunshooter

Who the hell cares about capturing a point when you can completely lock down the spawn at 0 risk to yourself in a tank while your friends cap it, totally safe thanks to you?

Holy hell the arguments morons put forth here.
  9. Jourmand1r

Who said anything about you having friends in this argument?

We are talking about a single person having too much incentive to play HA.
  10. Jourmand1r

Not to mention your friends, who are playing HA, could have driven to the point in tanks, doubling the amount of tanks you have on the point.

Why dont you understand that you can use a tank as transportation?
  11. Helwyr

I disagree. Heavy assault doesn't need nerfs and I'd kind of expect them to be the most common Infantry type. Medics and Engineers are great well rounded classes as well (I do think Engineers should get AV and AA versions of their turret).

Oh and I almost never play HA, mostly Infiltrator and Medic.
  12. Marinealver

YEah that is the problem with bunny hopping LA twitch shootign mechanics.

LA is overpower because.

You fly over then and shoot down.

All their victims are shooting at their feet therfore they all count as meere body shots.

All their shots are above the sholders therfore every shot counts as a critical headshots.

Hell even MAXs fall to the jump over and hip fire down LA jetpacks. (Another reason to remove MAX headshots.)
  13. Marinealver

Well that is one bad I dea I will think the devs know better than to do that (knock on wood)

Last thing we need is an EQ type where everyone stops and stands and it becomes like a ranged WoW battle with numbers being part of the game.

But probibly be they will just make BFRs that LA can run and place C4 for a quick bring down.
  14. gunshooter

You did - you said you were "capturing a point with 3 other Heavy Assaults with instant kill unstoppable LMGs"

Don't back yourself into a corner next time.

The best part is complaining about HA weapons - the worst weapons of any class except maybe Infiltrator. Your game knowledge is pristine.
  15. Nehlis

YoYoYo don't try to nerf us light assaults! We're doing our job here...
  16. Marinealver

Would that be lone wolfing and kill hogging ;)

Yeah I use light asault too. Many if I am a squad leader. Jetpack up on high and drop a squad beaceon in combination with Sundy AMS.

To be honest I think all classes need some sort of climbing option like the infiltraitors can get a crossbow with a zipline atachment to get them to move, engineers can deploy a protible jumpad to get their squad over obsticals and the others can have climbing claws that let them climb up rocks and walls but at a much slower pace.

Don't worry the light assault will be able to get around all of those. They have the jetpack that they can fly around. None of my sugestions can beat that.
  17. videogamesaregames

This. If survivability in this game wasn't absolutely terrible across the board people wouldn't feel forced to play HA to not get murdered instantly.

Say for example you're an engineer repairing a max. Weapon switch time is 150ms. Add your ping to that. Now add average human reaction time. That number is likely higher than the ~500ms it takes for someone to kill you. How the hell are you supposed to play support under those conditions? There's literally nothing you can do in that situation if someone jumps you. You lose automatically. There should be a window of time for you to make something happen. The outcome of engagements being decided entirely by who sees who first only serves to make the game shallow and frustrating.
  18. BlamTown

Why aren't you guys able to disagree on a point without insulting each other personally? It's quite sad really... I think you're all forgetting this is a video game.
  19. Kyutaru

I think you're forgetting this is the internet. The same thing would happen if this was the forum to CNN.
  20. Nehlis

Lol, CNN