To TR and VANU ground troops

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by toxs, Feb 21, 2013.

1. toxs

Do you guys ever become fustrated with reaver air power? Or are reavers easy to take out? Or does it soley rely on the skill of the pilots? I am just curious to hear your opinions.
  2. Toxicate

To be honest I have been killed by a Reaver while playing my Heavy Assault maybe once or twice, it hasn't come up frequently. I have however been killed by scythes while playing infantry a good few times more. As for when I do fly my mosquito I find dogfighting Reaver's to be fairly simplistic due to the mozzy's capabilities, but of course you asked for ground troop opinion so I guess that isn't really relevant.
  3. Tzigtot

To me it really does seem to rely on the skill of the pilots, reavers seem to have a bit more difficulty lining up their rocket pods but I'm equally "scared" when I see a reaver or a scythe fly towards our squad, then again our squad only consists of three people so this isn't indicitative of how larger groups would see them (as anything else than flying scrap that is).
  4. Canaris

can't say I've ever been frustrated by Reaver air power as an ground grunt, as Toxi says Scythes are WAY more annoying. Their maneuverability lets them get into places and do ground attacks that Mossies & Reavers can't.
  5. toxs

Thanks for the responses. Seems like reavers dont scare the ground troops that often.
  6. Voroshilov

I don't think i've ever been killed by a reaver on foot.

My prowler got killed maybe 2-3 times.
  7. Tatwi

Since they fixed the rocket spam by making AA actually damage aircraft that linger around, I haven't really had any problems with Reavers. Most NC pilots I see are quite protective/smart when it comes to attacking ground units and will make passes rather than hover around. The VS on the other hand, they like to hover and rocket spam still, even if it means doing it from 500m away, where there is a rock or hill they can hide behind. VS are very cowardly and tend to try and use vehicles and MAXs to fight against infantry. I guess their idiot proof weapons aren't enough of an advantage for them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zazwon

Yeah individual reavers or mossies are not to much of a concern. They usually make me ask my air squad to come and assist or have the sqaud leaders under me to ask if we still have appropriate AA in our armor column/ infantry force. However dealing with a pack of ESFs definately gives one a moment of pause and strategic back and forth over coms to counter effectivly.
  9. Aege

Oh I've seen some good Reaver pilots on Connery. I've seen them rip up armor columns because they fly the Reaver like it's meant to be flown. They treat it like an Apache helicopter, popping up over ridges, strafing, rocket salvos. I've been impressed by a few of them.

I would not however, say that Reavers are good dog fighters. The do not excel at altitude unless they have a pilot who has his controls worked out well.
  10. YellowB

I find reavers to be rather lack luster and that's mainly because they are so easy to kill with the scythe. I would totally be in favor for a reaver buff despite being a dedicated vanu player.
  11. SgtBreastroker

I become frustrated with the amount of NC Heavies using Gauss Saws. Then I proceed to carry on playing the game.

Something that annoys me more are the amount of females in each faction that I kill or get killed by. Holy moly it's like playing Femaleside 2 on Briggs.
  12. Famif

I get rocket podded by each empire equally, including my own. (jk. don't think I've been friendly podded in a long while.)
  13. Dreadnaught Wrex

Welcome to the perspective of a TR/VS MAX.
  14. Iksniljiksul

Reavers have something quite unique to their advantage. The Air Hammer used properly can shred targets so fast that good pilots can in fact get away with it. It does take a really good pilot however.

Reavers profile larger then the other two and don't have the acceleration making them easier to lead. Targeting them is a lot like targeting Liberators. Overall things are balanced out since they dropped AA accuracy, I down less aircraft then I used to. I'm not counting the new pilots that tend to hover either, just those that hit and run the way aircraft is supposed to be played.

With extended mags, all aircraft can be killed about the same because it boils down to pilot behavior. They only have three basic moves when they start getting hit, it's merely predicting which one is next that makes or breaks a kill since I just lead in to that maneuver when they flinch away from damage.

Pilots, please stop coming head on, that is a kill in my favor unless I'm forced to reload. Take me out when I am busy on another target, it's a lot like snipers in that I won't be able to see you coming. You can see where my shots are coming from, that's your priority. Watch my fire, hit me in mid stream so I am at half ammo, or I will switch early and you might panic and die. (Unlike most players I want everyone to do better, even at my own expense. I don't play for "me". Get that younger generation? Novel concept isn't it. To hell with your xp rate, death ratios, certs, and you. Think about other players.)

I also do not include lock on missiles since I stopped using them after the uncalled for "buffs".
  15. Kroova

Reavers dont "scare" me anymore than Scythes. Basically anything with rocket pods is really annoying if you have insufficient AA. I have only been killed once (on the ground) with an Air Hammer though.
  16. OddChelsea

Basically this. I am no more afraid of a reaver than I am a scythe and I am no more afraid of a scythe than I am a reaver. Now when I am flying I dislike scythes a little more.
    • Up x 1