timers need adjusting

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RAS, Dec 14, 2012.

1. RAS

Today i log in and the tr are attacking hvar so after scanning the maps etc this is where it looks like help is needed most , i grab my engi kit then a scythe and head off to hvar .

As i get to the base the tr are like ants all over (not a complaint btw) so i kill a few , notice a sundi and take it down to about 60-70% hp , i get a few lock ons so i retreat to the tower to evade and re-arm at the same time .

I get out to repair a slight bit of damage then BOOM a friendly lib decides to bomb my scythe , i send the guy a tell who tells me the gunners name , i send him a tell asking why he just blew up my scythe , reply = because i wanted to .

Now i don't like fighting tr on foot as i think the tr weps are stupidly op'd and i couldn't pull a mag as tr as usual had 80% of the area covered in armour and troops , so the only option that i'm FORCED into is sniping which i like but i like to do it when i chose .

I know there will always be idiots who play but this happened within the 1st minutes of the game and left me with a timer , can we not have s second aircraft like we had in ps1 , a common pool aircraft with just a nose gun ?

Or we can we get somekind of tracker ( don't know if possible) to waver the timer for when things like this happen ?

i know its open for abuse but something needs doing
  2. undeadsapir

cert up the timer.
    if they do anything to the timers as they are currently it will create big imbalance to the delicate air / ground balancing.
    as far as id wish i could just get my aircraft fast after it dying for no good reason, i would prefer the balance to stay and not let the devs deal with balancing for another few months while we suffer in the gameplay
  3. forkyar

4. Jaggedmallard26

I think I had the same guy. I thought the Lib behind me was just tailing me for protection or something. In fact the gunner was lining up a shot.
  5. Lord Robert

More of an issue with friendly fire than timers. That Lib gunner was probably not using his main character on the server, if you know what I mean.
    The timers themselves are there for balance reasons, and as a cert sink, thereby giving people something else to spend certs on. They also somewhat prevent spamming. I think they are ok overall.
  6. Wellknown

Timers are fine Ras what need to happen is that if your vehicel is destroyed by own team then your timer is reset.