This game for 24/7 players only?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grandpa, Apr 8, 2014.

1. G.O.A.T

Just do common sense.

If you die asap when going outside.....then dont go outside, go in a different route, or zigzag left and right to make a sniper miss.

If you get headshotted when you snipe then don't snipe.

Also AVOID TANKS....Your one guy, unless u have C4 and he isn't looking at you or the tank is almost dead or everybody is shooting at it, it's almost always a waste of time to take on a tank 1 vs 1.

Also always move...always sprint, if you get hit from behind and know u will most likely lose, sometimes if u can move around obsticles, just sprint away and recover then fight em....Also in 1 vs 1 fights move side to side....Never ever stay standing still.

Also learn how/when to hipfire and when to Aim down sights.

Lastly look at the map, it tells u a lot, when somebody shots, u can see....and also you can hear foot steps/cloaks pretty easily.

Thats pretty much all you need to know
  2. Pootisman

1. Fast internet connection on your end doesnt mean you have little lag in PS2. Theres often server lag, especially during primetime. I have a stable 100Mbit connction, in TF2 i get stable ping of <30 on Euro servers. In PS2 i get 50-400 ping.
    2. There are problems with hit detection, players sometimes take no damage. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/major-live-issues.179848/
    3. There are a lot of hidden mechanics, damage modifiers, etc. For example, the low end sniper rifles cant 1-hit someone beyond 150m. You need to know these things if you want to become a good player.
  3. Grayson

You run out from the bunker...just you?....So no squad?..and you expect anything good from that when you are overpopped?
    JUST HINK
    You die, because someone can aim better than you....so others has to be blamed, and the game, because you cant kill a gazillion dudes in 1 life?
    JUST THINK....
    If you want NO challanges, not even the slightest feel of victory after a hard fight, go play COD or something thats not an online game, because there will be always someone whos better than you.
    (Ever played Counter Strike? The skill cap on this imo is about half of CS...)
  4. Shadoiex

I do homework, so dishes, and am on after school. Not a 24/7 player.
  5. Idle

Any new player should try to stick to the even 24+ fights if they want to lone wolf. They will learn quicker and killed less in a outfit. Public squads are also good places to learn if you don't want to join a outfit.

As quickly as you can get long range and short range weapons and a close to mid-ranged 1. When entering a battle pick the weapon that most suits that battle. Open battle I would use a long range or close to mid range depending on my faction pushing or holding ground. Tower or building fights I would have a close range(Shotgun) or close-mid ranged weapon.

Don't stand still and check your blind spots all the time.
    Listen for the different gunfire sounds and stealth sounds. You will learn to know what weapon just got fired around the corner and what distance is best to engage it. e.g. a shotgun sounds outside the door you are guarding while you have a close-mid rifle, if you went out that door you would get smoked but going out the backdoor and flanking from a distance will give you the best chance of killing that shotgun enemy.

Saying that you might get ambushed while doing that but in this game everyone dies a lot.

Keep one eye on the mini map and watch for red dots flashing on, (Stealth class is around) or for the direction the enemy is coming from.

If you get surprised jump and run at a angle to the fire so you are hard to hit take cover and either fire back when they run out of a clip or wait for your shield to regen then look for attacker.

This is important for new players!! If you go into battle with your shield down you will die on next contact. Wait for shield regen in cover then continue.

Learn the bases your faction defends. On lattice lines there are bases that are good for defence. ( Biolabs and multi cap bases.) If you are being rolled over by a zerg retreat to one of these bases to wait for the defence or travel to were you have pop on that map and tell them were the enemy zerg is pushing.

When in tanks hiding behind rocks can be a death sentence as it gives a easy path way for a C4 light assault to drop on you. Try and have some space between you and a building or rock and don't become a one eyed spawn farmer. Watch the sides rear and air above every 5-10 secs and keep an eye on mini map.

You don't have to play 24/7 to play this game well but there are some outstanding players playing this game who can hand you your backside. Let alone outstanding outfit who will stomp you if your playing solo.

1 last thing, headshot, headshot, headshot. In V.R. practise Headshots while moving side to side. The movement makes it harder for the enemy to hit your head while you get used to aiming while moving this way. Headshot kill twice as fast.
  6. DQCraze

Grandpa I'm almost 50 and yes the game requires some patience. Think of it as walking into a store for the first time. You are lost, you don't know where anything is or how to find it. Over time and frequent trips to the same store you go right to the item you want without wasting time. The aiming is the same, gun switching, run n gun, driving, flying etc, it becomes second nature. Most of all your in game awareness.
    • Up x 1
  7. John_Aitc

I agree with other responses, Grandpa, keep fighting and trying. You may have better luck being a Medic, HA, or Engie at first because you will be one body mixed in the pack instead of a lone target.

It took me until around BR55 for something to finally click for me. I remember watching JennyBoo play at the SOE MLG event last May or June. She described her weapons and what she was trying to do in the game. I immediately bought the MSW-R and a IR/NV scope to match hers. It changed my PS2 life! After that, I spent time watching so many PS2 instructional videos as I could.

I hope you can find that same type of moment, Grandpa. Good luck!
  8. Bruno Puntz Jones

Here are a few things that should help you feel like you can accomplish at least something before being murdered outright every time you spawn.

First, use a shotgun. You get one for free now, and it's available to all classes except Infiltrator. I highly recommend spending the certs or SC to unlock your faction's full auto shotgun. The only attachment you need is extended mags. This weapon is ONLY useful at less than 10 meters, so do not try to engage anything outside that range. However, if you can get into that range and if you get to shoot first, you will have a very good chance of killing your target, if they're not using a shotgun or SMG.

The skill cap is very, very low for the full auto SMG, because all you need to do is get close, put the circle over the target, and hold down LMB. If you can do that and you're not dead yet, the target will be dead in three shots. You'll still die to higher skill players also using CQC weapons, but against everyone else you'll have a chance, and the weapon reduces to an absolute minimum the number of things you need to do in order to kill someone, giving you a better chance of getting them done before you get killed.

DO NOT use this weapon any longer than you absolutely have to, because it will make you terribad. It also severely limits your engagement range, and makes you basically useless in any outdoor fight. Once you have the skill to consistently keep your K/D close to or > 1.0, then you need to transition back to your real primary, and reserve the shotgun solely for close combat pushes on heavily contested points where it's the only thing that works.

Second, keep your eye out for opportunities to kill the enemy. This means think about where the enemy will be, and be in a position to see him before he sees you. This helps to offset your poor reaction time, which is your biggest liability against high skill players. Once you start thinking about, and always keeping an eye out for, opportunities to get kills, you will be amazed how many you get because people stumble right into your sights and just stand there waiting to die. (There always will be players who do this; after all, you were one of them before you posted this thread.)

Third, stop giving the enemy opportunities to kill you. This means think about where the enemy will be, and stop going places where he can see and shoot you before you see him. If you're in a spawn that is being camped, don't go outside. You're just going to get farmed. Instead, look for a base that isn't camped where you can spawn and either set up a defensive position (outside the spawn) or launch a counter-attack against a base the enemy isn't at, or make a flanking move on the force that is pushing the base you just left.

Fourth, jump in every friendly vehicle you can that has an open gunner seat. If the driver or pilot is any good, you'll live a lot longer, and vehicle guns generally are a lot easier to get hits consistently with because of the toned down sensitivity and lack of recoil

Guarding the Sundy is a good job when you feel like you're just dying over and over and over any other way. This vehicle is the single most valuable tactical asset on the battlefield, and 99% of the time the guns will be unmanned. It also has the heaviest armor of any vehicle in the game, and no weak side, so it's always the last thing to die when it does get focused down.

This is a super boring job . . . until it isn't. And even if you only stop one C4 fairy or keep it alive for 10 seconds longer, that is just so many more people who got to spawn in the meantime. Bonus points if you spawn as an engineer to give reps when it gets hit and lay some AP mines front and back at each deploy spot. Remember to make sure your shotgun is selected as your active weapon before you get in, for when you need to jump out and shoot someone who got close enough to be under the guns.

Finally, play in good squads. You will get a huge boost in your chances of survival and success by playing with platoons that are smart about picking fights they can win. Listen to what the SL/PL says, and do it. Play support classes like Medic or Engineer. Do everything you can to contribute to a good squad, and you'll at least get a good return on score and certs, even if you're still not getting a whole lot of kills in stand up fights. You'll also have a lot better chance of not just getting farmed nonstop.
  9. Koldorn

If you are looking to learn, I highly recommend nearly everything on Wrel's channel.
    Mattiace (also on youtube) is, regardless of how he comes across; a highly skilled player. Air / ground alike. Pay close attention to his Aim and skill series.
    Mustarde; (for being a scum slinging infiltrator) is also highly skilled at what he does, and offers some (again, youtube him) videos with instructional pop-ups on his thought process during some hectic situations.

General information, weapon stuff, and other fun: DrathamusGaming + EnergyOne
    Happy watching! Hope to see you on the battlefield.
  10. MasterCheef

If you're constantly finding yourself outgunned, shotdown and outflanked, then you need to start rolling with a platoon and STICKING close to them. If you are a newbie and running about by yourself, you are an EASY target. If your with a group, then all attention cant be focused on you and you will definietly be able to get a few kills and be saved from death a few times.

If you were to go toreal warzone by yourself right now and run around like a chicken with your head cut off, you would easily get killed. SAME CONCEPT