Things you'd like to see an infiltrator do

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Titanshells, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Titanshells

I'll give a few thoughts.

Base Virus-Shuts down turrets or consoles
    Vehicle hacking-Many times Iv come across idle vehicles and can't do anything to them :/
  2. Biddion

I'd like to see "hackable" elevators, jump pads, and energy doors to allow allies easier entry. I would also make the bases more "defendable" to give reason for hacking.
    • Up x 2
  3. Keidranex

Overloading an engine of an empty vehicle. Basically the same mechanic as an SCU but on unoccupied vehicles. To stabilize it you'd have to enter it, repair it, or if it's locked just interact with it. The time to overload it would be fairly long, 15~30 secs based off the vehicle/hacking skill certification. The time it would take to explode would vary and be fairly long.
    • Up x 1
  4. Titanshells

That would be cool to overload an engine.

Biddion you have no idea how many times I have wanted to use an enemies elevator lol.
    • Up x 1
  5. CuteBeaver

I really miss being able to sneak ahead and take down generators which were not connected via the lattice link. Old Hex system + stalker would be interesting. Not that i want Hex back, just saying it be nice to be able to jump ahead and bring down the shields before your squad has to Sundie gate defuse in.
  6. Lichtbringer

My dream is C4, but I see that it would be OP with infiltration ability.
    Still, I would love something against vehicles. Nothing good of course. Just for those moments were you are litteraly behind a vehicle and can't do anything. It could also occupy the Mine slot or something so that its a trade off.
    Maybe change Keidranex Idea a bit: you can lay down an explosive that takes 30-60 seconds to explode and does heavy damage to vehicles. Maybe make it stick to stuff, but enemys can defuse it easily.

Still everything I can come up with feels a bit too good because you can sneak near enemys. And the you have to be close aspect would be the main balancing... hm.

What else.... more Spotting. For example an Attachment for the Weapon or a Vision divise just for spotting from long range for your team.
    Maybe the ability to guide allied air supporting fire in. I am imagining something like BF, you get out your spotting device and point it on an enemy vehicle/aircraft/max. Then allied fire gets aim assist against them, or lock on. This would go nicely with anti vehicle.
    Maybe we could even get the ability to sabotage vehicles/ hack them. (This would be really hard, the vehicle would need to stand still, and you would need to be right next to it.) Then, as soon as the guiding device locks on, the virus gets activated and the vehicle shuts down for some seconds and can't move. Ah, that would be cool :D I can already imagine how I wait for the perfect moment to hack the vehicle, then stalk it for 2 minutes untill I have support from a vehicle or Aircraft and let the trap spring, and finnaly get my revenge on those pesky vehicles :D

The ability to climb up walls maybe? :p
    Mines that you can stick on Walls.
  7. PlanetBound

Flying would be handy but would be good to hack more stuff like ammo for vehicles.
  8. _itg

I've always wanted hacking for driverless vehicles (deployed sunderers excluded). If you manage to ambush and kill the driver while he's repairing, well, he's not going to miss the vehicle, and hey, you've earned it. There's really no excuse for this not to be in the game, if only for NS vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  9. Navron

I do.
  10. Horrida Messor

I would love to see an option to mess with enemy spawn room, for exmaple - the ability to make defenders spawn in wrong building (if base have several spawn options), the ability to make defenders spawn as a random class with loadout selected randomly from players loadouts, the ability to make terminals inside the spawn point non functional etc.
  11. Sevinos

Actual infiltrating. More things to hack in a base and some ways to mess with vehicles. Hacking an engine would set a signal off on the owner's screen, flashing for a few minutes before the Kablewy.
    And CQC stuff while we're hacking indoors. Or at least some better sidearms so we can Stalker Cloak better. (I myself would love them to be stealth themed, like throwing knives of some sort. Or a gun that can place a small explosive charge that we can set off remotely.)
  12. Amouris

Hacking vehicles, original idea I know.
    Hacking jump pads & putting an IFF on elevators.
    Be capable of overloading generators without a lattice link, remove the XP gained whatever just let me help my squad by prepping the base.
    Improve stalker cloak energy usage, crouch walking = 0 energy drain.
  13. MaKiro2

Vehicle Hacking!
    Would Love to do something against them!
  14. AngusPrime

CORVO TELEPORT BLINKING, in all seriousness though, I really wish we did have more mobility options or some sort of increased speed like passive adrenaline pump for our lower health. Or maybe a cloak that increases speed while active but last less long and can't deep cloak?
  15. Voross

Getting a miniature version of the cloaking bubble the sundie got. CLOAK YOUR ENTIRE SQUAD, AW YISS. :cool: Everything else was already mentioned.
  16. doomedking517

Enhanced vision, by this I'm refering to the idea that infiltrators obtain an information gathering role... y'know like actual infiltrators would. It would come with 2 forms (it would be a passive ability that you choose so it wouldnt take up an inv slot), choice 1: short range:
    make no noise from spotting, allowing spot whilst cloaked and can (optionally) have aoe spotting. cloaking has a faster deep cloak, and can drop out of cloaking when attacking (automatically) to improve ambush mechanics. oh and (optionally if you spot a foe then attack them within 3 seconds you gain a small damage or rate of fire increase. (i considered a faster movement speed but i wasnt sure if that would OP the ability) can follow opponents round corners with the spot mechanism for .5 seconds (tracking through walls) (only you not friendlies or other infils). Costs - A cloaking uses more energy, and when spotted cloaking is disabled for .5 seconds (can only occur onc)e every 5 seconds + doesnt work when cloaked), darklights disable cloak, not just show it up and enemy infils within 5 meters of a spotted foe become altered to your presence (though not location, a bit like a lock "infil in area").

long range:
    you gain access to the ability "spotter" what this does is allows you to target tanks and air craft for vehicles, all targets hit with this are locked almost instantly (but you can only spot 2 vehicles at any time with a cool down between). you spotted enermies outlines show up faintly though thin cover (gets stronger the further you are - so at 50 meters you see nothing, 100 its barely visible, 150 its slightly easier but still hard, 200 its usable, but could be easier 250 meters plus looks like their normal form - thin cover im not usre what to define as) OR instead of this sniper based weapons have 30% less sway when not holding breath. team members who engage spotted foes gain a slight aim increase for 3 seconds (can only effect a team mate once every 45 seconds). ranged console interference (RCI) - temporarily shut down enemy consoles from 50-150 meters away, the effect lasts 30 seconds (but the effect can be reversed by an enemy infil who hacks it for 1 second). Cons - lose a further 50-100 health, shields regen 20% slower, if you are spotted you have to stay cloaked for 2.5 seconds to dispel it, and spotted vehicles are alerted of your general location (a 20 meter area).

some of these skills seem op but consider this, they cant attack through walls, so seeing through light cover/for half a sec round corners has little benefit beyond setting up assasinations. the enegy consumption rate would be higher at say 1.25% the normal rate. (note you can disable these completely so you dont choose one or the other).
  17. MisterSlim

I'd love to see a sniper-spotter system take place. I know that's wishful thinking, but I think it would make sniping a much more immersive experience. As a 3-year long range competitive marksman, and a 5-month Long range combat and support mechanics Instructor's Assistant (longest name of an internship EVER!), I have NEVER taken a shot 1000m away (which I would equate to 300m+ in-game) alone. (I also haven't done it standing up, nor have I done it without tons of math and other complicated nuances, but hey, it's a video game).

Even if it were just an optional system, I think it would open up a huge door for teamwork and coordination. I'd love to see sniping look a little bit less like this:
    [IMG]

and a little bit more like this (this is me spotting for a student using my rifle during an introductory class, our more advanced courses are much more professional looking xD) :
    [IMG]
  18. doomedking517

I wasn't sure if my suggestions were over powered as certain options would add a lot of power to infils and snipers that might upset balance and we are already feared *grins sadisticly*

A spotting system would be nice, it could come with another tool (which would be used with another player or solo if youre a loner like me XD) where you get detailed information about an individual its locked on, such as current location, movement speed, distance, and a small diagram of a 10x scope (or 12 - hell even variable) that demostrates how high would need to aim and potentially how far to either direction (using the mills), its not a perfect idea but it would be usable im guessing - it could even provide information such as nearby squad mates and what weapon the person your attacking has and their class. the perfect squad info device for gathering long distance information. - any sniper within 2 meters who kill give you an assist maybe?