The typical Valkyrie Gunner

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klabauter8, Oct 8, 2016.

1. adamts01

It's pretty clear why you can't find a decent gunner. Hopefully you go and learn some social skills outside of video game forums. Good luck in the world kid.
  2. boey

Every decent Pilot knows that the valk is garbage as an attack platform. It's ok to transport some players from A to B in a relatively short time, and thats it. Noone in his right mind uses the valk to attack. Makes no sense at all.
  3. Klabauter8

I'd be rather a kid than a r***** like you. Kids can be pretty smart, smarter than many adults.
    And the reason why I can't find a gunner, is simply because the vehicle teamplay in this game is garbage.
  4. Klabauter8

Nice bait. Here is your reply.
  5. rahte

One time I actually road killed flash out of frustration. I was hitting him with my harasser while I was chasing him. Driver bailed out in last moment but I road killed him as well. That was pretty intense.

It is worth to mention that my gunner was shooting all the time to liberator waaaaay faaaar on the horizon.... from Mjolnir.

Yes. I dis use voice comm.
  6. BurntMyWater

Man this thread is a trainwreck from start to finish. OP, I understand you are frustrated with the quality of Valk gunners. You believe that the Valk is a sky Harasser. I must disagree with this. The harasser is a fast attack platform with only one rumble seat and built in afterburners to get in, cause a lot of damage and get out.

The Valk is more of a fast(well, sort of fast) transport. Squad spawning, 4 rumble seats. The role of a Valk is to drop off infantry, who then cause whatever havoc they want. If you play TR, you could carry Striker heavies, but that is not the intended role of the Valk.

I will agree though, that the Valk feels fantastic to fly due to its great handling. ESFs are a bit more fiddly.

Well if you see a problem with teamplay, perhaps you could suggest a solution. I personally don't see any problems with vehicle teamplay currently. So it would be good if you could enlighten us.

Also I really don't see the point in insulting people because they have a different viewpoint. If adamts01 thinks the Valk is garbage, try to convince him otherwise. If not, just agree to disagree. The discussion doesn't need to devolve into petty mudslinging.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ziggurat8

Just flew against a very good Valk pilot with a very good hellion gunner. I must say my appreciation of it as an AA platform has really gone up. That thing is scary good. It took my max composite armor Lib down in about 7 seconds and I could not for the life of me get my gunner a shot on it with the Dalton. He may have had a rocketeer in the rumble seat as well. It was crazy how good it was against Liberators. He was cleaning the sky's like nobody's business had to have max stealth ata minimum. I think it finally took 4 or 5 ESF to put him down.

Seriously I've not seen anything like it in the skies before.
    • Up x 1
  8. Klabauter8

I never said the Valk is exactly like a Harasser, but it is the most similar to the Harasser out of the aircrafts. And Valks are also hit and run vehicles, no matter if you have troups on board or not. If the Valk would only be for transport, it probably wouldn't have a gun, just saying...

There should be more encouragement for vehicle or specialized platoons. For example, it is really really stupid that just any random person can join your platoon when making it public. If you open for example a Valkyrie squad, you can bet your a** that most people who will join, don't even have any idea what the squad is about. They just hit the random squad key, and join any squad no matter what it actually is about.

The vast majority of squads or platoons, are not about vehicles, they are about capturing points. They are about zerging. Stuff like aircraft platoons for example you rather see rarely. And a platoon or squad for Valkyries, you don't see at all, although there is so much need for it, to actually be able to use this vehicle correctly. The only way to actually use the Valkyrie to its full extend, is just if you play with a bunch of buddies. But not everyone has this in this game. That's why there should be a way to easier connect to other players, who play the same vehicle as you, on a similar level. Like for example, if you have an almost fully certed Valkyrie, you can redeploy into the Valk of any other player who also has an almost fully certed Valk. Or if you have auraxiumed the Valk, you can redeploy into an other auraxiumed Valk. The game just tries to let everything be done by the players, it just lets you join outfits or talk to people, and that's it. But outfits are also only about zerging mostly. They are just huge zerg circles, apart from some smaller other outfits who are rarely even on.

Another thing which is also dumb is that you can't open a platoon alone. You always first have to invite someone. That's another thing which makes no sense. Because how can I open a Valkyrie squad, when hardly anyone on my server even plays Valks seriously? There are people who play it from time to time, but most people don't play ALL the time. I basically play Valkyrie all the time. Either this or Harrasser. But most people play everything at once. That's also why there are no good specialized platoons, only zergs, and that's also why it is so hard to find people for Valks, because you need people who are very specialized, even more than for other vehicles.

I could come up with more ideas to improve vehicle teamplay, but I think that should be enough for now. However, really coming up with a solution, I think, that's not even possible, because in the end, the main problem is still the player base, and you can not really change this.
    I'm just giving back what I receive. If you can't see then you should learn to read. He said the Valk is garbage, and I said he is just a bad pilot. In his eyes I must be the bad pilot, otherwise I wouldn't think the Valk is good, obviously. And I also tried to convince, but since people here apparently can't even read, it obviously makes no sense anyway. I could also just talk to a wall, would make the same sense as writing on this forum.
  9. Sazukata

I've gunned for this BR120 guy, amazing Valkyrie pilot. He taught me how not to be an idiot; only shoot at things we know we can beat, don't shoot if it will give away our position (he runs stealth usually), always go for the smoking vehicle first, switch to rumble seat for repairs when we get below ~30% HP, etc.. Sometimes he let me fly and gave tips like always stay low and out of sight of ground enemies (ESFs are less likely to notice too), never stay still, leave immediately if there are 2 damage sources, etc..

It's a fun and unique vehicle. With 4 rumble seats, you can get creative if you have more people. (lock-ons, lashers, stacked repairs, etc.)

Now when people say it's "garbage"... They're judging it based on it's raw combat ability. In which case it's slightly outclassed by other aircraft. But it does well in that it's a spawn point in addition to a cheap and decent A2G platform. It has it's niches that people simply need to find. Such as how hovering directly over a lone sundy/tank with a Hellion is gonna be a lot more consistent and effective than doing Hornet/Rocket Pod runs over and over. Hovering 200+ meters over an outdoor control point with a VLG is pretty effective, and isn't as noticeable or AA provoking as a Zephyr/Bulldog Liberator.

The turrets are nice, they do their job well enough. Though I hope we can all agree that the Pelter Rockets are absolutely awful. Almost no splash, AV ability is outclassed, and (the worst part) the ammo dries up sooo fast. Very strange addition.
    • Up x 1
  10. BurntMyWater

The ANT has a gun, and its a frigging harvester.

Well yeah. That's why it's called a public squad. You can name your squad appropriately eg: 'Valkyrie Squad'. Sure there will be people who join and don't give a crap about teamplay. That's why as squad leader, you can kick them from the squad.

Also I don't think that outfits are just about zerging. But that's not the topic of discussion here.

I think this is done to prevent squad beacon spam, where everyone makes their own one man squad and puts down their beacons.

Hey. I have been nothing but polite to you, and your response is to insult my intelligence. What's next? You going to call me a scrub too?

Every time someone disagrees with you, it's because 'they can't read' or 'they're too stupid'. People can read. They just don't agree with you. I'm not your dad, so I'm not going to lecture you anymore about being nice or whatever. But I can confidently say that if this is how you treat others in game, you won't be getting any good dedicated Valk crews anytime soon buddy.
    • Up x 2
  11. BurntMyWater

Also, what the heck is up with my text size? Is it because I type on a tablet?
  12. Iridar51

Valk gunners don't exist, because nobody uses valkyries, certainly not for their weapons, which barely even do anything.
    • Up x 2
  13. AllRoundGoodGuy

what server/faction are you on?
  14. Jake the Dog

If it was engineers only.... WHERE WOULD MY STRIKERS GO!?!
  15. Klabauter8

It has subpar secondary guns, and the vehicle is slow as sh*t. Valks have decent noseguns though, are highly maneuverable and can fly, which is much more useable to attack. An ANT would have no chance against any other vehicle alone except for Flashs maybe, while a Valk easily wrecks Harassers, Tanks, etc. as long as they have no AA. This comparison is just absurd and shows how little idea you have what you are talking about. And also, Flashs also can transport people, but even for them, just because they have a rumble seat doesn't mean they are only for transport. A skilled Flash driver can do lots of kills if he knows what he is doing. Same also goes for Valkyries.
    You also could make a public squad without letting any random person join, you know. Where is the sense in being able to give your squad a name and discription, when mostly only random people who don't even care about the squad topic will join anyway? And as a squad leader I'd have to kick 99% of the people. I'd only spend my time kicking people and explaining them why and what this squad is about, instead of actually playing.
    If I wanted to spam beacons, I still could do this lol. Inviting some random person is not a problem. Get a brain, dumbf*q
    Yea sure, that's also why you call me basically an a**hole who only throws with insults around, while in reality I just give back what I receive. But whatever, it's pretty obvious that you either can't read or have some kind of mental problem, so think whatever you.
  16. AllRoundGoodGuy

pretty sure the original intent of this tread is to talk about valk gunners, not to insult people.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sil4ntChaozz

The original point of this thread was lost once attitude outweighed logic.
    • Up x 2
  18. BurntMyWater

Nono. I think it's pretty clear that everyone else is the problem here. OP is fine. We're simply too stupid and lack reading skills.

Also, just for the record.
    First insult of the thread. Fired off by you OP.
    Fair enough OP. Fair enough. I'll stop derailing the thread. You seem pretty capable of doing so all by yourself.
    • Up x 3
  19. adamts01

I'm not so sure....

"Spotted the scrub pilot.
    if you wasn't a scrub pilot
    Listen r*****
    a r***** like you
    Get a brain, dumbf*q"

~ OP ~

It's definitely not normal behavior. I think we'll see more and more of this the less kids are connected with real life. With nothing but online interaction, kids never get their *** beat when they deserve it. They never learn the social skills they need to succeed in life, that normal people develop on the playground and after school with real people. You see the same behavior when people are in their car, they have a feeling like they're invincible and can act tough. I've followed a couple people home on my motorcycle and their attitude changes drastically once you know where they live. Maybe he's just looking for attention. Who knows. Hopefully he turns out alright.
  20. Klabauter8

The person I replied to basically called me a scrub pilot too. He dissed everyone chosing the Valkyrie, because if you fly a "crap vehicle" you are obviously a crap pilot. Go back to reddit if you want your hypocritical hugbox, idiot.