[Suggestion] The Liberator (not a rant srsly)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Feb 22, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

so i have been thinking recently that with the liberator update there are some design things that could be changed about it as far as asthetics go

not many know but this is the original liberator
    [IMG]

its just my opinon but i prefer this design much more than the current design which is this one
    [IMG]

as you can see the design changed dramatically, retaining the "main idea" but the wings rotate instead of the engines (which wouldnt work due to the bernoulli effect not working if they were vertical)

personally i like the old design but i have found a few others mentioned by other people on other threads and from google images that i find good

[IMG]

this style retains the improbable wing turning system but makes the craft far sleeker and sexier IMO

[IMG]

this style is a return to the retro style, this is my personal favorite as it offers some cool designs, this type i feel is more "futuristic" and i would very much like to see this model in game

i believe that one of the things that could be done is to make certable classes of liberators, eac skin sarificing something for a different role, each role would have different guns available to them and would be easily identifiable due to their model

alternitivly they could be skins that could be purchased for SC

thoughts anyone? other designs? try to keep this about the lib's model and not about how OP they are at killing ESFs thats not the purpose of this thread
    • Up x 6
  2. ZeroErrorz

this one looks better than the hunchback LIB we have now, and the smooth design make much more it make sense, since the smoother and pointier it is the faster it goes.
    • Up x 3
  3. Blarg20011

Rothnang had some great suggestions for ES body kits, but just changing to one would look great.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  4. AdmiralArcher

well, i have never seen his post....but i think that if its along the same lines then it could work, this game could use some more defined roles for aircraft and i can think of a few

AWACS: Airborne early warning and control ship, no more spotting enemy aircraft, in fact spotting could be done away with entirely and soldiers would have to rely on sundys with radars, that automatically spot aircraft, and pilots would rely on a friendly AWACs liberator in order to identify enemy fighters (not sure about this its just an idea i dont think itll fly.....pun intended) this would lack a belly gun and instead have EMP launchers

Light Bomber: unlike its heavy bomber counter part, the Galaxy-B, the liberator is far faster and manuverable capable of dropping light bombs with high precision on its foes, this liberator is unique as it has 4 seats, 1 bombadier 1 pilot, 1 front gunner, 1 tail gunner, the pilot looses access to their main gun as they must focus on flying, the main gun would be replaced with a basilisk, and the tail gun would be a ranger, the bombs it has access to include

Cluster bombs, these bombs explode above the ground at a altitude set by the bombadier and rains smaller less powerful bombs onto the enemy, medium AI weapon, medium AT weapon when used correctly damage dealt per bomb is similar to a pounder's damage each cluster bomb (30 bombs, covers an area of 30 meters in diameter), has a chance of failing and not detonating must be guided onto the target by the bombadier

Light bombs: each bomb does far more damage than a cluster bomb but at the price of Ammo, a liberator can only carry a maximum of 10 bombs, each bomb does 1500 damage and can be locked onto a ground vehicle or guided manually to the target, if it is launched while being locked, if the tank or vehicle uses smoke or flares to avoid the lock, the bomb WILL stray from its course and miss, if the bomb is guided manually it still has a chance to miss, however it cannot be detered by smoke

Regular Liberator, redone model, same weapons compliment except it is now a 4 seater, 2 AA rangers are under the wings, this balances the lib as it is now very vulnerable from above

high speed lib, the top speed of all libs would be slightly reduced and this lib would be a faster version with lighter weaponry to accompany heavy bombers for longer range engagments, these are lighter armored but with 5 seats 4 of which are AA guns

high speed transport, this lib only has 2 side mounted AA guns but it has 5 seats + pilot

if any one has any other ideas for this feel free to add on, but remember this thread isnt about how OP the dalton VS ESFs is, i welcome contructive crisicism, but i am open to comments about why this wouldnt work if it is a logical and educated comment :D

i may be adding on to this more
    • Up x 2
  5. AdmiralArcher

so here is a small continuation to my previous post

as of right now, the liberator doesnt really have a defined role and soldiers on the battle field arnt able to percieve what gun the lib is using to rain death down upon them if the lib is too far up, so my idea was to seperate the weapons by making each model different, this would make each class of lib unique and it would give a bigger role to the workhorse of the skies.

as said before there are several different designs, each one gains something while scrificing something else. this is to balance out these designs over the standard design and make one not more powerful then the other

another thing id like to see added is a holographic display system over the lib that tells what base it is going to and what its payload is and what it will be aiming for, then friendlies could jump in with confidence that they could accomplish such a mission, another thing to add would be attitude colors or difficulty colors

the hologram would be able to change colors based on
    Outline would change from blue, to yellow, to red based on urgency
    aura would change from blue to yellow to red based on if the pilot needs a really good gunner or is looking for something more casual
    inner fill would change from blue to yellow to red based on mission difficulty, this can be set by the pilot or by the game (game ould base it off of population of target hex

Quartz Ridge
    Cluster Bomb
    Target: NC vanguards

this could also be adapted for the galaxy as well

more thoughts coming in as i think of them :D dont forget to comment with your opinions!
  6. HerpTheDerp

Liberator is NS vehicle, why would it differ between factions?
  7. SafetyDance

not a bomber not a bomber not a bomber not a bomber
  8. ZeroErrorz

its a gun ship, its a gun ship, its gun ship...
  9. AdmiralArcher

its a multi-role attack ship, it can be whatever the user needs it to be, just like the Dual Pounder MAX isnt meant to be an AI setup, but it can be used for it very proficiently as it is technially designed to be both AI and AV
  10. Sigmundr Rumare

Are those pilots in the cockpits!? :eek:
    • Up x 5
  11. Midnightmare

ummmm why are you bothering with the looks?

it could be a flying turd.......make it fun again make it work again and make it look like a turd.
  12. ZeroErrorz

BHAMP, i support more cosmetic costumization
  13. AdmiralArcher

because i want to fly something that looks cool and makes sense as well as functional, imagine if this game looked like doom but still played the same with the same guns.....would it be as popular as it is now? hell no
  14. Kumaro

Wow i love this NS but ES customised Frames to fit each Factions technology/needs. Love it!!
    • Up x 1
  15. cdavis13

Who cares what it looks like? It's basically just a one shot kill everything, cert farming machine.
  16. AdmiralArcher

remember, this thread started before the liberator buff, they used to be pretty tame and the idea was to make it more diverse and have more options so that it wasnt simply a skygod, but rather a multirole attack or support craft that could be tailored to have many advantageous uses.