The character is broken, it is impossible to play for him

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Azrasd, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Azrasd

Hello, a few days ago I was playing on cobalt and I was disconnected from the server. After that, the Azrasd01 character I was playing for broke down.
    When logging into the server for it on any PC, the game behaves like with a very large ping (players either stand still or walk in the sky), but the game's TAB menu indicates a good connection.
    Also, when entering for other characters on cobalt or Miller, everything is fine and works stably.
    • Up x 3
  2. Foggor

I have the same problem.
  3. pjtt

I have the same problem for 3 days now on Cobalt, Vanu character, players around me stucked, or killing me through walls etc. ping <60ms, game reporting good connection, other characters do not have this issue. My game was not disconnected.
  4. Vùzz

Hey, same trouble.
  5. Motopehota

6. MaxxPaul

Same problem here, I think it persists for about two weeks. I reported it in-game a few times.
    The issues are:
    - most infantry and vehicles are stuck - sometimes shooting in a single direction and not moving at all
    - sometimes infantry has a semitransparent 3D model or alternates between a standing and a lying down (dead) state, briefly
    - some infantry is walking in/on the air; when they die, two 3d models (sprites/avatars) are displayed superposed alternating/semitransparent; one lying down and one standing (like a quantum particle which -until you measure it's property- is has that property undefined; hehe; but actually they are really dead); and this combined dead/alive 3D model still floats in the air drifting in a direction
    - those who walk in the air (and obv. are not dead) are not reacting to me, it's like they are in a different dimension or phased in time
    - some vehicles are stuck on landing pad, sometimes stack one on the other or even superimposed; when I spawn one my vehicle is thrusted in the air and rolls over
    - airships ar stuck in the air - usually all, everything I see on the sky, with some rare exceptions, a few that seem to work from my perspective (I suppose from their perspective, they all behave normal); same as the air-walking infantry, they don't react when shot at but unlike the said infantry, they are immobile in the air
    - I am shot by invisible enemies or from underground or behind walls
    - at least about 1 week ago I had confirmation that more than one players were affected, but obviously not everybody
    - my interent is very good and stable; i ran the troubleshooting steps described somewhere on the DBG website (jitter and speed test) and all seemed normal; plus only ONE of my characters is showing these bugs

Only affects my VS character on Miller (the NC character on Miller does not appear to be impacted althogh this seem not to be 100% constant - once, after playing more than 30 minutes, it started showing some of the issues; but afterwards, after a few days, it seems fine again - unlike the VS charcater which is constantly impacted and the game never once in the last ~2 weeks worked properly for this char).
    Also another VS character I have on Cobalt is not impacted.
    • Up x 1
  7. pjtt

Precisely described.

Reaction from Daybreak 9.4.2024:
    The Development Team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We'll place this ticket on hold and update you once we have more information to provide.
    We don't have a time frame to give you at the moment, but feel free to check daily. This issue has been given priority as other players are experiencing this as well, so I hope we have some good news to deliver soon!