STRIKER getting buffed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by T0x1s, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Ztiller

I have done the testing and the math myself, the TTK, and thus DPS, of the Lancer is equal to that of a regular lockon launcher. Why is it that every time i talk to you, you say something straight up factually incorrect?

This is exactly the kind of comment that only a person who have never used the Lancer, and only look at paper values, would come up with.

Yes, the Lancer have 2 shots. It also have to charge up every shot and fire within a set time-window or lose it completely, leading to a much lower accuracy and realistic DPS.

The Lancer is better than the ani against ground targets, sure. However, the Annihilator have the benefit of being good against air aswell. And if you think the Lancer is good against ESFs, then you have never used one and have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, the Lancer have a greater KPH. Do you have any idea how easy it is to killsteal a burning tank with the Lancer? The second a tank starts burning, every Lance in the area zeroes in on him to take the xp.

Really, this is a completely pointless discussion that i'm holding with people who know absolutely nothing about the Lancer other than what they read by the Forumwarriors. If the Lancer is so great, then be my guest. Trial it and see for yourself just how all the hidden drawbacks gets ignored by the forumside warriors who have never tried the Lancer outside of the VR.

There is a reason the Lancer isn't used all the time everywhere, because despite what all the forumsiders say, it's not an overpowered, gamebreaking super-launcher.

This thread is about the Striker, it's not here to whine about the Lancer.
  2. foesjoe

Unless they give us the ability to use the Striker to rocket jump, I don't care.
    • Up x 1
  3. DatVanuMan

*GULP*
    S... Sar... SARON-grade damage?
    The TR better not complain about anything else ever again:p
  4. DatVanuMan

They should implement ES rocket jumpers.
    TR has far more rockets and can fire more quickly.
    VS rocket jumper makes you jump higher and you take no fall damage.
    NC rocket jumper deals some damage and has a faster velocity.
  5. cruczi

Personally I think Lancer is better against Gals and Libs, while Annihilator is better against ESF's.

If Annihilator is as much better vs air as Lancer is better vs ground, then overall, shouldn't they perform roughly the same?

Burning tanks will generally be empty, so that point should affect the VKPH stats, not so much the KPH stats. However, average KPH stats still show a great difference:

[IMG]

I've used it a bit, it usually works better than standard dumbfires.

ES weapons of all empires should perform about the same for them to be balanced, so Lancer is a good point of comparison for buffing Striker.
    • Up x 4
  6. Flag

I never said damage.
    I said damage model.

Basically up in yo face damage is great.
    Damage at range... not so great.
  7. DatVanuMan

The Saron has drop off?
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

Can you do this chart again but with the Phoenix, Lancer, and TR Annihilator?

You know, for science?
  9. Mxiter

The best is certainly to know plaper values and to plays the games by using the weapon that ignoring papaper values and base an opignion on pure feelings.

About maths:
    Against MBTs:
    Lancer: 3 sec charge time + 3 sec charge time + 5 sec reload = 1000 * 2(2 volleys) = 2000 damages in 11 sec
    G2G launcher: 2.5 sec lock-on + 5.2 sec reload = 1000 damages in 7.7 sec.
    Annhilator: 3 sec lock-on + 4.7 sec reload = 1000 damages in 7.7sec

Lancer = 180DPS
    Lock-ons = 130DPS

Even if the lancer user hold the charge longer or wait between shots, it will have a better DPS than striker unless he spends more than 14 sec per shoot + reload cycle.

Yeah the same DPS, like the PPA is as effective as marauder-canister.
  10. Flag

The Saron HRB has CoF that severely limits the damage output at longer ranges.
    • Up x 1
  11. Riku

Not giving my 2cents on the striker before Ive tested it (but a buff is justified, that much is certain). But what's your source for a Spiker Buff? ZoE is also utter crap in its current state, but unlike Striker there wasn't a buff announcement immediately after the change. Or you got any info I don't have?
    Especially your source for the Spiker Buff, please. If they do it right it'll finally be a pistol aside from the Commissioner that I like. :)
  12. Vixxing

Its more "whats wrong with you?"
  13. Ronin Oni

What exactly is wrong with the AMP other than it being somewhat redundant to the Repeater?

I think just about any VS or NC would kill for the AMP in their pistol arsenal.

Harasser is also perfectly fine except it needs the handling adjustments the Flash got. It's balancing was done by reducing it's cost to dirt-cheap, exactly where it should be. It's a highly disposable harassment vehicle and does it's job just fine. Pricing it like a tank and trying to balance it with tanks was a dumb idea from the word go.

Valkyrie they're looking at, but don't expect much in the way of offensive buffing other than a couple of it's particularly underwhelming weapons (CAS and rockets. The rest seem to be fairing as well as they want) and then not by much. I think the biggest thing to expect is perhaps new modules to change it up a bit.
  14. Flag

15. Yeahy

Why are you celebrating?
  16. DatVanuMan

OH, you speak of accuracy then. Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification:)
  17. cruczi

Anything for DIE WISSENSCHAFT!!

[IMG]

Phoenix's KPH numbers are most likely inflated due to the fact that it does more damage per shot than Lancer, making it harder for enemies to exit their vehicle at the last moment. I.e. the vehicle doesn't need to be burning for an OHK. Death from Annihilator is probably easier to avoid because you know the missile is heading for you and not the guy next to you, and you get warning about it well in advance.

Also, the kills on ESF's, MAXes and turret engineers probably account for some of that Phoenix KPH.

[IMG]

VKPH shows Phoenix performing worse than Lancer, but still better than Annihilator. The difference between Lancer and Phoenix can be partially chalked up to that Lancer kill stealing phenomenon, but the difference between Phoenix and Annihilator is a bit harder to explain. Either Annihilator truly is easier to avoid, or Phoenix users are better / more numerous and work in groups to get kills.
    • Up x 1
  18. Maljas23

19. ATRA_Wampa-One

This is pretty much it really. Not just the Annihilator but all lockon launchers are actually really easy to dodge or simply run away from (I'm a horrible pilot and even I know how easy it is to dodge those even without flares) and combined with it's low damage the Annihilator would absolutely be performing below those two.

Also, using the same reasoning you were while asking for Lancer nerfs I could easily infer that the Phoenix needs an even larger nerf... or I could say that the Lancer and Phoenix are great at killing vehicles (Lancer is better but Phoenix wins for KPH because it does other things much better than the Lancer) and the Striker should be buffed so that it's ratio of KPH and VKPH should be inline with the Lancer / Phoenix one.
  20. cruczi

I haven't been asking for any nerfs here. Only that Striker buffs are calibrated so that it'll perform roughly the same as Lancer/Phoenix - of course, without making other dumbfires redundant.
    • Up x 2