Stereoscopic without a 3D TV

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Believer, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Believer

Just a heads up, I happen to have a set of those cheap 3D glasses (4 pair actually that came with an Ice Age movie sequel), the ones with a green lens and a magenta lens), and so I installed the free version of IZ3D, and tried it with ps2, and the results were outstanding! I've tried this before in other games but the color scheme was always wrong but in this game it works beautifully.

IZ3D is pulling the software off the page end of this year I think, so grab it now if you ever want to try this but don't foresee getting a true 3D screen. For green/magenta you use the Anaglyph CUSTOM mode, which only works with DirectX 9, the other modes aren't restricted in that way. The software also works with real 3D screens. I think you need software like this to use 3D anyway, but that probably comes bundled with various screens.

Some kind pilot took me out on one of those big aircraft and hovered over installations so that I could bomb the life out of them, and the 3D effect made a big difference, things just make more sense. Anyhow well done SOE!