Squad Beacons need a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stormlight666, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Marked4Death

Just want to add, I'd like to see the ability to stand near a beacon and hold E to disable it.
    This should happen at such a range that beacons clipped through walls and other exploits can be defeated.
  2. SarahM

I wonder what the meta would look like if respawn at the warpgate was near instant and respawn/deploy times for outposts and bases increased with distance from the warpgate...

(spawn bacon and sunderers would still have a lower base deploy time, but would also add a factor for distance to their deploy time)
  3. bPostal

I feel for you, you're doing a thankless, painful job but this is the wrong way to go about it.
    Droppods, if you're close enough give out a 'THUMP' when they hit and the beam of light the beacon shoots out is a dead giveaway.
    Kill the beacon and then slaughter the infils.
  4. WhiteWolf

I want the old PS1 beacons back. No beam of light, spawning on them had no cooldown, but the constant drop pods in one area lead to an investigation. If you come across a beacon, you always destroyed it.
    And it was very noticeable. It made a beeping sound, and had a small satellite dish on it.

BUT YOU HAD TO ACTIVELY HUNT IT! It wasn't a case of "Hey, there's a beacon over here! Enemies will come from here sometimes! Come destroy me before reinforcements come!"
  5. Dkamanus

You sir are a moron, who doesn't even know a simple mechanic work, and start complaining.

Pro tip: planetside.wikia.com - DO SOME ******* READING!

And I was thinking in asking for a buff, downing the drop timer to 30 seconds.
  6. Stormlight666

Bite me. I have the right to complain about something and say that it should have an extra 60 seconds added to it. If you were an engie that ever fixes bases you'd know what I was going through. Instead you sound like an infiltrator who abuses the way it works now and doesn't want it changed.
  7. Stormlight666

I miss those beacons. I could always hear them since my sound was turned up (listening for infiltrators and footsteps).
  8. catattack

You are bad at games and you should feel bad.
  9. P4nda

Of course you have the right and the power to put in your 2 cents.

Now, knowing that - just realize nothing will come from this thread.
  10. JesNC

So you always managed to notice a beacon by audio cue alone, yet you fail to actually see the giant beam of light in the middle of your base?

That said, I do not remember spawn beacons in PS1, afaik there were only Router Pads and the H.A.R.T.

I usually play Engineer, and I always fix up bases after a cap, but I've yet to fail at the situation you're describing.