Sprinting in Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 29, 2014.

1. minhalexus

Unlimited sprinting destroys gun gameplay.

In a tower fight, I can literally sprint across a whole mob of TR/VS players in the floor that's right above A point, and join my faction mates, who are slowly pushing up the stairs to A point.

Sure, I take some damage but I usually don't die, I think unlimited sprinting is hurting the game. I really see no reason of walking other than for that one implant.

I think we should limit sprinting 10 seconds and 10 second recharge (It should recharge like the Heavy assault shield), and make walking a bit faster by 20-30%.
    Would add a bit more strategy too.

Sprinting time should be like 10 seconds with about 10 second recharge time, long enough for infantry to quickly avoid vehicles, but not too long so that you can constantly sprint.

We all know that most of our guns don't work outside 50m, mainly because the target we're trying to hit is moving at a really high speed.
    Me along with many players who can see the enemy outside 50m+ sprinting closer, but we couldn't care firing at him until he got closer.
  2. gigastar

How do you think its hurting the game?

How do you think your suggestion will add more than it takes away?

And wrong. You would be surprised how short a distance 50m actually is in PS2.
  3. Tycoh

If you want to limit sprinting, force the developers to put a prone button so we can hit the dirt in open areas than walking there with our thumbs up our butts.
  4. Matt879

Sprinting already gives you a disadvantage because it takes longer before you're ready to fire again. If you can sprint past a mob of enemies, then they're bad or you just got lucky.