So where was the Bastion Fleet Carrier in the Roadmap?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Burdman, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Burdman

You guys know what im talking about right? No? no you don't? If you don't then let me introduce you to Mr. Bastion. He is a big guy and doesn't like when pesky ESF's fly around him. I hear he is in hibernation mode that's why we haven't seen him yet! With out further ado, here he is:

[IMG]

I know what you are thinking.. HOT DAM!! Haha. Okay now to cut to the chase and be serious about this thing, where was it in the roadmap? did we just happen to miss it or is it not there at all? I would prefer one of these guys over a new continent right now to be honest. I just feel like it would add more enjoyable gameplay and a WOW factor to the game.

Imagine this: You are a TR soldier, with hundreds or more of your comrades taking over an AMP station, you have blown all the generators and all hell is breaking lose between you and the NC you are fighting. All of a sudden a huge shadow is cast over the entire AMP station. Your first reaction along with everybody else in the base as you look up is a long "HOOOOOOLLLLYY SHIIT"... As the VS sweep down and start attacking everybody left right and centre, guns blazing, huge explosions, death everywhere you look!...

Dam that's what I want to see in this game and im sure many are with me on this. I think this could be huge (no pun intended lol) for the game.
  2. Choppstick

Its in the 1.5yr plan... lol
    • Up x 3
  3. Radec594

The Bastion is a TR carrier.. If anything, they'd make it something you can cap, because I can hardly picture SOE developing one of these for each Empire..
  4. Burdman

Lol. Does that include the 6 month plan? Or is that afterwards?
  5. KraggTheGrim

This might end up being one of those high rank outfit perks once they put in the outfit level system.
    • Up x 1
  6. Burdman

I could see them developing them for each faction, that is if the haven't already. Besides if they have models down for each faction right now I know they wouldnt release them because they have to work on other things. Not focus on something that could potentially make or break the game.
  7. Burdman

That would be sweet! Guess its time to join an outfit to get ready for it.
  8. Burdman

It could be cool to also have these defending Warpgates when they eventually bring in captureable warpgates for the "REAL" continent locking.
  9. wowie

[IMG]

Notice that it has reavers parked in it and it doesn't really follow the TR design paradigm of smooth lines and curves.
    Also, it includes hover (VS) tech. Probably common pool.
  10. Burdman

Something of this scale should not be common pool, if it is. Well then I would view the devs as lazy.
  11. Rogueghost

This was concept art for planetside next, and back in that stage there was no esf. There was the reaver and mossie, both being common pool. And the scythe didn't exist, oh and it has a little bit of red on it.
  12. Vreki

It is old concept art, it may never happen.
  13. Hosp

Sitting next to the new BFR concept art.
  14. ChironV

Doubt we will see anything like this. Unless you can buy it with station cash.
  15. Burdman

Think positive boys and girls.
  16. KraggTheGrim

I had not seen that version, of the picture before, looks sweet, although with every ESF being VTOL, a catapult system would not really be needed. But all in all still really cool.
  17. wowie

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/274270398860914688

To all those saying that this was just leftover art from PSNext:
    This was Nov. 12th. PS2 Released on Nov. 20th.

Therefore, they were/are still thinking about it. With the amount of attention it's got,
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't somewhere in the (as yet unrevealed) 3 year plan.
  18. Radec594

Read the concept art title.
    It's called "Terran Republic Defense Systems", and by good reason: the TR were the original colonialists to come on Auraxis.
  19. KraggTheGrim

Maybe the guys going through through the files in that [Tool] thread will find the models for this. They already found the Railgun Vanguard, and quite a few other things. Who knows what they will turn up.
  20. wowie

Read? What's that?

Alright. I read every word on the page.

I want my Apocalypse Battlecruiser.

NOW.