shut up about rocketpods... please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZoSoGetsu, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenny007

I agree entirely, but you wouldn't get that from a good chunk of the complaints. Might as well have some sort of anti personnel homing device in each rocket, assuming you were to take the complaints at face value.
  2. Reizod

This^^^

Dedicated pilot here as well... IMHO... it shouldn't take 6-8 rockets to kill only ONE infantry, but it does, thanks to beta testing. Stop complaining about it. It's balanced... now the A2A, that's another issue.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bearcat

The more customers that complain about something, the more likely it will get fixed. Aircraft being overpowered is one of the most common complaints (if not the most common) about the game. I think you might be getting worried.
    • Up x 2
  4. Aerius

Typical "I don't like air, make it useless" post.

Yeah, and? There are no helis in this game, we have jets. Expecting jets 800[?] years into the future to behave like modern aircraft is idiotic.
  5. Curze

typical "I love farming the hell out of everything with minimal effort or risk on my part, so air is fine dont touch it" post

also yes, we are 800 years in the future
    so I want EMP devices that make any aircraft in a 10 miles radius crash into the ground
    • Up x 1
  6. WileeDarklight

It's funny how players think that some lone wolf player on the ground should have some form of defence against a JET... I mean, these players who complain about Air vehicle weapons being OP, go out to the middle east and pick a fight with an F-18... tell me how much you think those weapons are fair and how you shot it down with your sidearm or whatever you deem should down it... *sarcasm(because this is the internet)*
    • Up x 1
  7. WileeDarklight

If you're not Vanu, you're not getting such device ;)
  8. Ranik

A2G balanced? Not really....

In before "it's a stationary target" : of course it is you fools. It's a DPS test for a reason :rolleyes:

And ground units more often than not have to sit still to maintain accuracy so it's a moot point anyway
    • Up x 1
  9. Judicator Wombat

And yet the reason people insist they be able to bust 800-years-in-the-future tanks is because that's how modern ones are.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bearcat

It's funny how some lone wolf players think it should take a coordinated effort to kill them in a game.
    • Up x 1
  11. WileeDarklight

@ranik .... I only see you pointing out that the game's Location Damage for Vehicles works properly...
  12. Ky3217

Not if it's just incessant whining. Which most of the complaints about air are. Plus it doesnt look like SOE is going to bite on the complaints anyway
  13. Aerius

Infantry>>>>Magrider>Scythe>Lightning=Liberator
    Is how my play time is spread out. I fly significantly less than I play ground.

800 years in the future, I'm sure aircraft designers would have a counter to that.
  14. ZoSoGetsu

The A10 warthog is a great example, and just about every other jet has multirole capabilities. We also have to consider ps2 esf's are both high speed fighters and attack helicopters in the way they are used, and both use rocket pods effectively.
  15. Xizwhoa

Tell me why an esf should be able to strafe a landing pad at a bio lab without fear of the ground vehicles. Or the tech plant main spawn room doors where ground troops can't hit or see them until they are completely exposed... A strafe run on a well placed sunderer can kill 5+ ppl with ease without having to worry even with deterrents in the area...
    • Up x 1
  16. WeEdNL

If anything liberators need to be toned down somewhat, I'm tired of seeing those Battlerank 45+ guys pounding us from huge distances without being contested.
  17. WileeDarklight

Yes, because I can cap bases from my cockpit with out any assistance... I'm not sure what you're getting at? Guys on the ground get far more experience doing team related things. ESF pilots get kills (or more likely assists because people love crashing into the ground) and IF they're in the airspace they get the xp for a base cap... and it's really easy to accidently leave that particular airspace long enough to miss out on that bonus
  18. DeathFaith

Someone needs to make a sad song about rocketpods and the crybabies who didnt even unlock AA rockets yet.
  19. AtomicGerman

Oh my god, this? AGAIN? For the umpteenth time. Rocket pods are not OP. If you are not in cover, expect to be blasted by them. Tanks should not sit still if there is an enemy ground attack asset alerted to your presence. Get to cover. Its easy for vehicles to do so, use trees on Amerish, overhangs and cliffs on Indar, and the ices spires on Esamir. None of which is a perfectly gaurenteed 'win' for you. But it increases your chance of survival. Dont be stupid and over extend beyond your friendly AA and aircover. And if you must, have your squadies take some skygaurds along with you.

Its not rocket science... well maybe it is but thats beside the point. Be proactive in countering enemy air, get the AA rocket launcher for your faction, skygaurd or walker AA guns. or simply use your other ESF.
  20. Ky3217

I believe there are actually already counters to it IRL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.