Shooting Through Shield Doors Has Got to go...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zha1tan, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Zha1tan

Im tired of attacks being halted inside teleporters inside biolabs.

Basically people camping behind the shield doors shooting out desperately trying to get a kill, thanks for increasing that btw SOE by added shielded windows to ever increase the camping in teleporter rooms so pushes never actually happen.

My solution? Simple make it so shield doors can not be fired through by any faction, This IMO kills offensive pushes as players are more than content to just sit inside and kill other players who are stupid enough to run infront or expose themselves to the doors encouraging stat padding for K/D ratios.

NOTE: This is an opinion.
    • Up x 2
  2. Daioh

the door camping will go up, unfortunately.

this is why test servers would be nice. just tweak the game abit to see how the metagame changes. if its for the better, implement it, if not, try again!
    • Up x 1
  3. AntiDemocide

Hey, don't take away ma shields! That would mean no more glorious one-man-vs-platoon scenario as I would not be the only one to push:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  4. Aliasse

While I do love the new redesign spawn/entry points (they look like lil houses)... Still didn't solve the problem with c4 being plastered to the wall and blow up ppl inside. Also ppl still can hide in the corners and not be shot up and spawn camp the doors.

As for ppl shooting thru the shields... plz cry more. You choose to spawn camp so accept the risk involved with it.
    • Up x 2
  5. Stormlight666

Actually report the person and they'll get banned for it since the devs have said it's an exploit.
  6. Talizzar

Margaret indicated that it would be fixed in the GU2 patch...Guess not. Not only C4 but nades etc.

If the defenders would not spawn camp then who would the attackers have to shoot? It works both ways. The defenders can run back to their protected spawn too.
  7. ROMNEYTRON

Don't stand in front of the shield? This seems pretty simple to me. You're the one camping their spawnroom, what are they suppossed to do? Come out with their hands up?
    • Up x 1
  8. fish998

I agree it's a problem, but I think that's the wrong solution. Or at least it's the wrong solution with the current design. People would still get mowed down the instant they left the shield, but they'd get no kills shooting through the shields to make up for it. I think people just wouldn't bother with the teleporter rooms at all with that change.

The problem is one of choke points, 2 small doors, meaning the defenders barely have to aim. To make it a more even fight you have to make the exits much wider, like the whole building has a shield door running the whole way around. It's all about width of exits, something SOE failed to understand with the new tunnel exits.

A better solution though would just be to redesign biolabs without the teleporters, and with several wide stairs to get in (plus the landing pads).
  9. forkyar

@op its simple don't stand in front of their shield,basily you admitted that you spawn camp,this will not go away.
  10. Dulu

The problem is that the shield has a pretty good view of most of the facility.

In some cases, you can see from the shielded spawn room to the capture point. (Tech plants)

In other cases, key choke points are cut-off by the spawn room. (Bio Lab)

It's a very bad system, I wish they hadn't implemented...
  11. HadesR

Also need more cover .. Boxes and such .. Because most seem to have a clear killing ground in front .. People don't push out since they know everyone and his dog has a clear LoS across that ground
  12. Dusty Lens

I guess if you did that MAX drivers could just stand by the doors and not need to to shift around checking to see what exp balloon has stepped out to play.

Cut back on a lot of carpal tunnel.

I don't think anyone here thinks we need more of that.

Say it. You're for hand torture and against game balance.
  13. Phaze

This is as much the fault of the defenders as it is the attackers.

If you don't want them to camp inside the teleport room... go take the sub-base from them. Or, you can simply back away from the teleport room and not camp it?

People will always find a place to camp - I don't see a problem with it. It's not like it's all that productive. The moment the room fills up with more than a couple people - the only person getting decent XP is probably the guy dropping ammo.

Oh, there are also a bajillion ways into BioLabs...
  14. Rognik

You people are completely misunderstanding the OP. The problem is not that the invincibility is powerful; it's that being able to shoot through shields hurts the offense because people refuse to leave the spawn/teleporter rooms.

To put it another, more blunt, way: people are stupid and being able to shoot through the shields discourages them from accomplishing anything. I can't tell you how many times I've seen about 20 people camping in a spawn room while 10 people are containing them... and winning. If everyone just rushed out of the spawn they'd win.

Not being able to shoot through the shields would probably help, but I think the best solution will involve expanding on the new tunnel system. Players should spawn underground and choose where to emerge into the fight.
    • Up x 3
  15. ZogrimGamma

Beta has completely impenetrable shields at the beginning. And man, that was a camp fest - 2-3 mana turrets in front of each door.
    So no, thanks.
  16. xen3000

Oh lord, where's 13lackCats...

Here is a suggestion, don't stand in front of the shield and you can't get shot by them. Then either they run out of the shield and die, or they sit behind the shield and have no effect on you. If the guys on your side are the ones sitting behind the shield, lead by example and either leave spawn, or redeploy if it is a lost facility already.

Making them have to leave the shield to shoot a rocket will not stop them from sitting behind the shield and would only be a detriment to the squads actually interested in pushing out of the spawn.
  17. Kristan

WROOOONG!

Have you ever heard of bottleneck effect?

Lets see it from the attackers way. They have only two small dors, both are camped and you can't see where from. You go out and get killed and you don't even see where from. You respawn, teleport, getting out of the room, trying to find those who kill you and you get shot again by 5 camping soldiers, because they know where you will come from and for them you are easy target and free exp. You keep trying and trying untill you will get frustrated untill you won't leave the teleporter room. Congratulations, now you're the one you hate, you're amazing!
  18. CrashB111

Stairs would have the same issues as teleporter rooms. No matter what the route leading into the lab is, the exit from it will be super campable.
  19. Kristan

It's better than two small doors where you come to the open field full of campers.
  20. CrashB111

The stairs would have to empty out somewhere through some door though so it would be the same difference. Either they empty into a room like the teleporters with doors and windows that at least give the attackers a chance, or they empty into a wide open area maybe with a few cover objects that would be an even bigger killing field for defenders.