[Suggestion] Sh:t

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SQPD, Oct 30, 2015.

1. SQPD

If you cannot read this whole post or do not have the time, please do NOT read it or comment on it. This is only for people who genuinely care, not dicks who put everyone down to raise themselves.

Hey there heavies, you just got an LMG buff. How does that feel? LMGs are already accurate enough, hell, it's easy enough to get outshot by heavies at any range. Ever seen a heavy go through his SAW magazine about as fast as a snail? Yeah. It seems way too fast from the heavy's perspective, but think about that poor Medic you just unloaded 50 painful founds into. Think about how purely annoyed he was when he saw your lasers flying around and hitting him, unceasingly. It's about persepctive, and from what I see, most players lack persepctive. The heavies may think it's the best game ever because they get big magazines, ceaseless fire, and win-shields. Other heavies may complain about long reload or... think of something else. Now, the miserable light assault who just got destroyed by SAWs and outshined by overshields is now creating a heavy ****** loadout. That light assault just jumped on the heavy assault bandwagon. This is bad. This creates unbalance, not between factions, but between classes. This needs to end. I want to challenge you, heavies who are reading this, or who can read for that matter. I challenge you to step out of your comfy chair playstyle and pick a different class. I challenge you to develop perspective. I chaIlenge you to face the heavy assault. I challenge you to rise against the trend, to preserve the community, to follow a path of your own, and not be a slave to the sheeplike nature of players who go down the worn out, much travelled path of the heavy assault.
  2. _itg

Yeah, the only LMGs that got buffed were relatively bad compared to the MLG options. Some of those MLG guns, like the Anchor, got nerfed. Heavies are not more powerful, overall, they just have more interesting choices now.
    • Up x 1
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

This.

Now instead of the Anchor/MSW-R/Orion being the only LMG's you should use when you're not chasing directives the VS's LMG arsenal is as full of options as the NC and TR LMG arsenal's have pretty much always been.

Only, if you use an inaccurate weapon and then all of the sudden it's made more accurate you basically become death, the destroyer of worlds.
  4. Eternaloptimist

I play most classes according to mood or the circumstances of the particular battle I'm in. I actually prefer using a carbine to an LMG but there ya go! The burst fire carbines also got buffed recently and are seriously bad news if you are looking at the wrong end of one. So are the 800+ RoF carbines at close range. I can generally hold my own against any class with one of them (not counting Max unless it is already damaged ofc)

I usually switch to HA for the RL when one is needed. But since the LMG changes I have re-equipped my NC avatar with the EM1 (I also liked the unmodified Rhino and the Polaris........no, really). I think the LMG changes actually made the weaker guns more useful and some slight nerfs to the stronger ones. The jury is still out on the infamous VS 0.75 ADS and yes, I think they did get a bit more accuracy to compensate but let's see how things pan out eh?

Any other class facing off against a HA was always another definition of suicide and that hasn't changed Engineer is my current favourite class and I don't have any trouble killing HA even with their overshield unless it is in a face to face one-on-one fight which only happens when I get surprised by one.

By the way OP, this is the Heavy Assault Class forum not the I hate Heavy Assault forum. Go troll somewhere else or make a constructive point please. The class forums are not so well used but the quality of the posts is generally a lot more informative. Whining and ranting is for the Gameplay discussion forum.
    • Up x 1
  5. SQPD

This counts as a heavy assault thread, not a "sunshine and rainbows bubblegum pop heavy assault" thread or whatever you were thinking. I wanted to address the population issue of heavies vs. other classes and the fact that the NMG is a win shield, but heavies being typical wastes of skin and life took it as a whining thread. I also want to enforce the rule that if you do not read the whole post before making a comment, then you do not deserve to comment. I tried to be nice. Wastes of ******* skin, read the whole post and try to actually think.
  6. Khallixtus

K. Our guns are not perfect. They are strong yes, but not as strong as you mentioned in opening post. The LMGs that got buffed were the ones that people didn't use, and the stronger ones were changed so they actually fit their role, not did their role and then could be used well for the rest.

Also, if all of our bullets seem to be hitting you, you need to understand that we have learn't how to shoot at range, burst fire. Also, some of our LMGs are surprisingly bad at range. These are the ones that smash you up indoors. Then there are those that will land most of their long range shots, the Rhino, Ursa or SAW. But I'm still rather sure that a medic with a SABR can trade fire with one of these rather easily. Also, our CQC is actually rather poor, as our hipfire is shocking. Even the close quarters ones aren't that great, the only reason we can go head to head in CQC is because the overshield gives our poorer close quarters combat the edge it needs. With shotguns, this all becomes irrelevant, but you seem to be ranting against LMGs, not shotguns.

And no, I don't think it's amazing being a Heavy. I think it's amazing that I can happily go 1v1 with anyone else, but that's because that is what the role of the Heavy Assault is. I can't heal others or fly up on that roof. I have to do things the standard way. Heavies are more popular because they can take hits and go 1v1. And the way you solve an enemy Heavy is with your own Heavy, in which it becomes a contest of skill.

NMG is not a win shield. In fact, NMG isn't that good past one enemy. Adrenaline is also not as effective past one or two enemies, as the refill is nice, but it isn't a free win past one enemy. It isn't even a free win against a single smart enemy. Someone who doesn't go head to head with the Heavy. Anyone with a good aim can jump down beside or behind a Heavy and win the fight easily. I know this, I have been in this situation hundreds of times, both as the Heavy and the person who is attacking the Heavy. If you can't kill a Heavy after getting the jump on them, your aim is terrible, not the overshield being a free win button.

And as to your challenge for us to play something other than Heavy, I do that often. I play Infiltrator and Medic often as well, and sometimes Engineer when I want to fly my plane. I main Heavy because it suits my playstyle, which across all games I play, is running into the thick of the action and just going head to head. That is why I chose the Heavy, because it suits me, not because it is OP. The medic is still a great class, and the access to the best guns in the game actually give it a fair fighting chance against Heavies provided you are in your guns effective range. Infiltrator is good too, as a sniper or SMG user.

So next time you want to rant about us Heavies having it easy, make sure you come prepared with some proper facts. Our guns were not buffed, only the weak ones, and the strong ones were changed to fir their role, not all roles. There is one OP thing about us Heavies, and I'm fine with acknowledging their is something OP about us, is how strong we are out of combat. By this I mean we can easily heal ourselves up after fights with med kits and we have plenty of ammo being lugged around. However, don't go around saying Heavies are too strong in a 1v1 situation. We are supposed to be.
  7. Joexer

With a few exceptions lmgs need more cof bloom. They need to be suppression weapons not death rays with 50 -200 bullets
  8. r0bert173

I enjoy playing la and infil occasionaly; but until you make another class capable of dealing with maxes, vehicles and maitaining high kph, I will continue to main heavy assault.
  9. KingOfLuck

False.

Accurate LMG's (anywhere else they're found to be squad support/suppression weapons) with high ammo capacity, a shield that absorbs/mitigates large amounts of incoming fire, and the ability to switch to an insta-gib rocket or any sidearm does make the heavy class more powerful versus other infantry classes not including MAX.
  10. _itg

I think you misread my post. It was pretty clear that I meant heavies are not more powerful overall than they were before the LMG changes.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ryoken

Not entirely sure about that. The orion feels significantly better to me. Probably due to my weak ADADAD game, but my HSR has skyrocketed with it and it's become a gun I enjoy using rather than wishing I had my MSW-R.
  12. AlterEgo

[IMG]\

Now, if that medic had fought with friends, the LA had used a rooftop, and the Infiltrator knew how to headshot, the issues would be nonexistent. Because when you go against a class with a freaking machinegun and a shield composed of the strongest nanites in the universe, something bad is bound to happen.