SERVER MERGERS!!! CONFIRMED!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlueSkies, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Paulus

whilst this is a good move for the longterm survival of the game there are possitve and negative conotation to this.
    I expect this to have two results;

1. The other continents on traditionaly lower pop servers will finaly become used for something other than training exercises by outfits. With each continent having a cap, peopel who log in to find Indar full will be forced to actualy explore the rest of the world, but because this will be the case for everyone, its no longer going to be a sentence to start conversing with a football like you might think.

2. it will have a bad effect on the people trying to run a 2013 game on a 1990's homework pc, i expect alot more "omg my AMD Athalon / Pentuim 3 won't run the game, and i totaly bought a Voodoo 2 and eburyting!!".

Ultimately, i hope the merger is as painless as possible, and i look forward to finding out if my outfit is going to be moved to join forces with fellow soldiers or welcome new people from across the digital sea to our turf. Either way, the end result can only boost the experience and increase the likelihood of new players staying once they find out how good it is.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ash87

At the end in a blanket statement saying: This looks more like, somewhere in the 400,000 posts people have made asking for it, they finally good notice and started working on it a while back, after launch didn't quite live up to their expectations, but still did well enough.
  3. Haterade

If I can in any way make sure that Matherson's TR doesn't come to Waterson, let me know please.
  4. Hosp

If they started working on it a while back...they didn't just finally notice it did they?
  5. Ash87

Oh ffs you get what I mean. This hasn't been something new, that people just started complaining about, I've heard people talking about mergers since January, when I first got here. People in my outfit brought it up a couple times before that IG.
  6. Purple

the battles on indar will stay the same size as the pop caps will keep it that way. with triple the pop fights will go to other conts
    • Up x 1
  7. Hosp

I didn't know what you meant because you said it so horribly that it needed clearing up. But now that we're on the same page, you coulda just said you agreed, or +1 or something.
  8. vaxx

More pros than cons on this news.

I am happy. Did you also notice Higby stated he is looking at the faction pop before mergers. Thats a good thing for the lopsided faction servers. All good news!
    • Up x 1
  9. BlueSkies

I hope so... I'd really like to spend some more time on Esamir and Amerish and someday.. Hossin.

Its starting to feel a bit like Cyssor in PS1...
  10. Nocturnal7x

" hah. No. Too many people went to some servers and not as many went to others. Simple as that."

That would fly if there were high pop servers haha.
  11. Gavyne

Players rejoice, SOE comes through, big major props. People should all thank SOE for listening to the playerbase and doing the server merge before transfer. We gotta show them our appreciation, because not many companies swallow this pride by doing the necessary server merges this quickly.

Great news all around.
    • Up x 1
  12. Stellus

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  13. Ronin Oni

All games, FPS in particular, have vastly higher server demand in the first 30-45 days than in subsequent months.

This was expected from launch TBQH
    • Up x 1
  14. Bape

Right now mattherson is ok barely any hackers and i mean barely you will probably see one every month or so not that much. Now if they merge serve what will happen? Yes more player more fun but guess what more hackers into our server which will ruin what we have. Don't know about you guys but I think they should atleast get there hacking problem taken care of first before they merge.
  15. AnotherNoob

I don't think that the concentration of hackers will go up, logic dictates that there should be about as many hackers on all servers. The likelihood that a hacker will be in your vicinity though will go up.
  16. haniblecter

Its not hte hackers that you know are hacking that are the problem.

/conspiracy
  17. TintaBux

You have no idea if there is "Barely" any hackers. Allot of hackers are clever and play normal, on top of that you have no idea of the statistics SOE have regarding hackers on mattherson.
  18. Ash87

I wouldn't worry about it myself.

Hackers are a problem, but the only ones that really annoy people, are the blatantly obvious ones, and they aren't going to migrate with their home server, as staying too long in one place would credit them with a much greater attention span than is reasonable.
  19. Gavyne

Yeah this isn't a terrible news, and don't haunt SOE over it. Bad press is why companies often don't merge servers until it's too late, and by then, even those that want to like the game would have moved on. This is a FPS game, much like PvP MMO's, you need action everywhere to keep people's interest. Some companies try to avoid the bad press by waiting on the server merges until much later, even though the games call for it. And every time when companies wait on the server merges, they just end up losing more players than they need to.

Merging servers earlier will help retain more players, and more players would even come back for it because they may have left due to low population. You need action everywhere in games like these. It's great news, and let's not bash SOE over it because they're doing something right for a change. Merge before server transfer is exactly what this game needed.
    • Up x 1
  20. Rraymondo316

More people on Mattherson can only be a good thing

I wanna experience big battles on Esamir & Amerish again