Scheduled Maintenance March 18th 6 AM PDT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Bruno Puntz Jones

What is the exact math on "Double XP" if you have the Member Boost and a Heroic Boost running already? If I have 105% XP bonus now counting member + heroic + squad XP when in a squad, will that become 210% during Double XP weekend? Or does "Double XP" just double the baseline and then other boosts are added (or multipled?) on top?
  2. FliegerPanzer

Your members can not have fun with double XP weekends. You have bugfull game already and free players (so we) will spam them and suck their mind. We are more! YOU DO ONLY MEMBER DOUBLE XP WEEKEND? I WANT TO TELL YOU WORD STARTING WITH F
  3. ArkanDerps

Well friends, I just got disconnected because of the maintenance... BUT my main is Vanu and this damn maintenance occurred right before Vanu was about to win the alert. I think SOE don't want Vanu to win good day and thank you for cheating me of my well earned xp and certs :mad:
    • Up x 1
  4. whitupiggu

Base XP is doubled. So a kill will be worth 200xp and that will have the 105% XP from boosts added for a total of 410 XP.
    • Up x 1
  5. SteelMantis

I'm also not happy about more xp for members. It might not be p2w but it is certainly in the gray area and while I understand this game (like most f2p games) will likely always be in the gray area I don't like anything nudging it toward that end of the spectrum.

Of course if I had my way no one could buy anything that effected their in game performance at all and we would all support the game through buying cosmetic items.

Speaking of which, are those new helmets going live?
    • Up x 2
  6. Zeverouis

Double xp for members.. So what? You don't NORMALLY get double xp anyway. It's just a waste for all those br 100's (or in their 90's) who've unlocked about everything in game anyway. Do not pity yourself, pity the 'fools' who actually pay for a F2P.
    • Up x 3
  7. Tykune

• Members only double XP event from March 28th through 30th. Starting this month, members will get a double XP event once a month!
    SOE, you have fallen so low as to give members, who are already getting more than enough XP and certs from their memberships, even MORE xp just because you are losing memberships. Plenty of people have already stated they will not support you due to your horrible customer service and bad quality of service. Perhaps you should stand back and look at the bigger picture of -why- you are losing members, not throw a huge bandaid over it by making membership look more appealing.

SOE, do not run Planetside 2 straight into the ground like you did to Planetside 1.
    • Up x 4
  8. FliegerPanzer

and... where is ETA?
  9. FliegerPanzer

10. xPropane

FYI, p2w or not p2w?

This game is P2W since the beginning. It's not about winning or losing. There's no winner or loser in this game guys. BUT there's dead ppl! Well, lets see for a second, what's the best way to kill in this game. I'd say C4 (all agree that this thing can blow a lot of stuff).

Well now, where can you get C4 faster? DOUBLE RESOURCES BOOST! More C4 = More Killing! Blowing! More everything can happen kind of stuff!

=>P2W from the start.
    • Up x 1
  11. B3cker

@Cromell
    4. I am a bad player as well (well, I'd say average but you know, I don't wanna be selfish here)
    but when you flank and kill one guy, he'll instantly know where you're coming from and can quickly tell his friends or can encounter you himself. (I'm sure that was wrong English but anyways)
    Especially when you're a sniping infiltrator, this will really hurt you!
    7. It is a huge advantage for me because they already get their SC and they already get XP boosters (as far as I know...) which already gives they access to the weapons faster AND to the equipment. And now they can stack their boosters with an exclusive double XP-weekend that only they have.
    8. Ik, but I thought she left Planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  12. AKAFogle

Please fix the assist exp. It works really good for infantry (as in you get more now for assists) but vehicle exp sucks now. Sky guarding gets you far less certs now and same with the other vehicles. Basically instead of pumping targets with as much rounds as possible, people including me just wait for the target to get low healthed and then try to get the last hit, the new system does not promote working together.
    • Up x 1
  13. FliegerPanzer

I actually have AI mines. So I have on all my factions, Claymore, Bouncing Betty and Proximity Mine. I actually like Claymore. 1300 damage, instant explosion and all mines are visible, Claymore is more invisible as you can install it in side of entrance and will do more damage and its 100% kill. I use claymore to run in enemies, drop it and kill groups. Betty and proximity is good too but claymore works actually better + grenade. And C4 is good too, yesterday I placed on lightning, which did not saw me on tree, he went inside their positions and soldiers were around it, many behind where I had C4, explosion and then they died with lightning, its very nice too. And btw, I have troll thing, I place C4, tank mines and claymore together with changing classes
  14. Fenrisk

Any increase in assist exp? or should I not bother logging in?
  15. Fockl0re

Did you guys Forget Something Called the Death Screen .. which is currently the biggest mess at the moment ... how many years will we have to wait for you to fix that ?
    • Up x 3
  16. FliegerPanzer

Members dont care death screen so they will not fix it. They only want money
  17. Phazaar

No you didn't.

Know how I can tell?

If you've spent $130 on the game, you wouldn't need a double xp weekend...

Which brings me on to my on topic point... SOE -really- need to put in a membership bonus that is independent of certs/SC. With characters on all factions with anything I could ever want to use certed, every weapon I could ever want to use unlocked, and an eternal bank of 5-10k certs per character for anything new that comes out in the future (and new content coming so slowly that I can unlock EVERYTHING in a major patch and then get back to 5k LONG before there's more content). I simply don't need certs, SC, or even resources really (though that's the only thing I miss since cancelling my sub).
  18. FliegerPanzer

AND SOE, NAME THIS MEMBERSHIP OTHER THING, WE ARE NOT GUESTS TO THIS GAME, WE DONT PAY BUT IF YOU THINK ONLY PAYERS ARE MEMBERS AND HINT IT TO US, GUESTS DONT PAY CAUSE WE ARE GUESTS
  19. St0mpy

• Members only double XP event from March 28th through 30th. Starting this month, members will get a double XP event once a month!
    Great, so the 30k of SC ive almost burned through means nothing and I still have to have a membership to benefit from this.

Gee thanks for including me SOE - NOT.
  20. FliegerPanzer

YES he has everything and does not cares game anymore so get why he deleted? (if he did)