Reporting players

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NovaAustralis

Rainier Wolfcastle voice - "The /report function... it does nothing!"
  2. Strikejk

lol maybe you were fighting against me and my brother? One time i was in a tank with him, we found out that the tank was bugged and everyone were able to instant repair it. A few days later i got the same on my Tank too. Thats was not a cheat (you can check me if you want lol :D) but a ingame bug. Very Random and very Rare.. I saw it on other Tanks too but thats long ago, never saw it these days :)
  3. Hammand

Exploiting a bug is not tolerated as far as i know.
  4. Strikejk

lol :D first it is long ago, a few days after release.
    And don't worry we died a minute later due to a 1shot kill by the OP missiles from a Reaver ;)

And all of you guys are exploiting bug sso better be quit:
    1. Infiltrator are still invinsible on low graphics.
    2. Magrider/Sunderer on galaxy.
    3. Flag returned automatically to a faction.
    4. Rocket launcher did no damage on first shot.
    5. Sticky bombs explosion radius isn't affected by shields
  5. Predeye

Did someone else experienced an enemy infanftry sitting inside a rock (mine was south of alloys next to the Big tree) and shooting at your mates?
    Im really not sure if it was a Bug or a Hack or something else, maybe he fell out of the world while he was climbing the rock and langed inside of it.
    But if it was a hack I could still report this player because I wrote it down somewhere.

I noticed him while I tried to find an enemy infantery wich I saw on my minimap (I've used that sensor of the infiltrator.. jep its not only for fun ;))
    and the only thing I've found were some straight bullets into my head from that badass shooting rock :eek:
    and I also could see the Flash from the gun coming from the rock (As I mentoined that rock was a badass aimer :D)

*edit* Please dont post names of the hacks, I'm not interested :p
    And no one should abuse it this way!
  6. Proplayer

/report is so usless! What is player X being reported for? Nobody knows, not even SOE!. /report name explains NOTHING.
  7. Grossalaud

we'll see i just reported 2 hackers that were able to get in our spawn at Saerro listening post tower..
    i hope they'll get banned because it was so obvious they cheated...
  8. MasterChiefette

How come our vehicles can take friendly fire after the have received damage in combat? Say you are in your plane, you take damage, then you fly to your warpgate and you are still vulnerable to damage despite being in the warpgate and it is from friendly fire. This should not be allowed. Had some guy on Helios named mengnan waiting at the warpgate tonight destroying peoples planes, tanks, Libs. How can we report this action if all the /report does is give the name of the person reported? I understand all you do is look for the person using foul language in chat logs and do not look to see what kind of crap they were pulling in game. This needs addressed. Hell it shouldn't be an issue to begin with. Why is it possible to take friendly fire in a warpgate at all?
  9. NovaAustralis

I second this.
    He was at Crossroads Watchtower on Indar and ruined a good three-way fight.

The number of combinations of zeros, capital o's, capital i's and lowercase L's in this hackers name make it nigh impossible to figure out this trolls real name.
    This is thanks to the poor in-game font.

How exactly do you get a 3 sec bead to capture their name on a hacker that's zooming around faster than an ESF and teleporting through the ground all while shooting you!?

Here's hoping the Admin / GM for Briggs(AU) gets on it.
  10. VengefulGhost

I would like to also get on the band-wagon for a /report user=reason function.

At the moment, sometimes i just report people for being jerks and doing things like blocking spawn rooms or flipping scythes, and sometimes I report people for serious hacking.

Sometimes I see someone do something that I don't think is possible, like step through a shield into OUR base and attack us...but I can't tell sometimes what is a hack, what is a glitch, and what is an exploit.

I'd really like to be able to prioritize who the GM's go after, because I care about hackers more than jerks.
    I also wonder how quickly they investigate people, because in the case of griefers, by the time the GM's get to them they may not be griefing anymore.
  11. NovaAustralis

If you take 2mins to submit a SOE Support Ticket you WILL get a response.

1. Let them know which server it is, so the appropriate GM / Admin will deal with it.
    2. Tell them the playername of the hacker or a near enough guess of the playername, (if it's all III's and OOO's)*
    * until the font is changed.
    3. Explain what cheating was going on, where and when.

You'll get a response like this:
    "
    Hey there NovaAustralis,

This is Operative Smoove with PlanetSide 2 in-game support just wanting to say thanks for reporting this kind of behavior. I understand how frustrating it is when people just can't seem to grasp the concept of fighting fairly. We have a dedicated team that monitors each server throughout the day looking for hackers/cheaters/exploiters so I'll definitely have them keep an eye on *Please do not Blacklisting players on these forums*. If you have any other issues or concerns don't hesitate to contact us again. Good luck and enjoy your next battle!

Operative Smoove
    PlanetSide 2
    Sony Online Entertainment
    "

Having reported other really bad hackers in the past this way, I haven't seen them again, so the GM / Admins do appear to take a closer look and then apply the appropriate 'stick'.
  12. NovaAustralis

Ahh, okay I'll try not to quote someone else's post about 'blacklisting' of a troll hacker.

FIX THE IN-GAME FONT THEN.
  13. Teekoon

Is there any point to reporting or submitting tickets about griefers? The only response is some bland blah blah about weapon locks and boo hoo. If the same griefer gets reported enough (by other people), then is there any chance that the griefer will actually be handled in some way? Or is it just the boo hoo we're sorry you're frustrated response?
  14. Intolerant

Just wondering, is this tied into the in-game grief system? Or is it another mechanism entirely?

Also, this is from the code of conduct:

Do unto others… There will be no disrespecting other soldiers in MY Outfit, maggots! No inappropriate language, racial insults, harassment. Would you like it? No, then don’t do it to others! Friendly banter is fun, but keep it friendly. If you think someone is the biggest moron on the planet, insult them properly, not by dissing their mothers! What are you grunts, 12 year olds? Insult them like an adult soldier, throw a grenade at their face!
    Report Rule Breakers to me ASAP at Customer Support. False reports may result in a PT detail for you, so be sure a rule has been broken before reporting it or you’ll be doing push-ups instead of killing the enemy! Shooting the slimy worm of a rule breaker in the face once you’ve reported him is fine by me!

This, combined with your comment, would seem to imply that reports of team killing are handled on a case by case basis. Is this correct? Or is the policy a zero-tolerance one?
  15. mlane16

Actually thanks for bring this up, honeslty I though reporting caused you just to ignore the player. I didn't know and I be more careful when reporting players.
  16. IronWarrior

Does /report ever work?

Everytime I try to report a player, it keeps saying it can't find the X player. :l
  17. XLander

That doesn't address the inability to interact with the kill spam or chatbox in someway that will allow us to copy and paste the name. I know you don't have in game powers or maybe you do I don't know that either. I do know that you likely have a company intranet email list and can forward this suggestion that font/copy paste functions need to be introduced. The copy paste needs to be able to paste outside of game so we can use it for creating tickets. Until then the make a ticket argument is moot.
  18. Intolerant

By the way, /ignore add [name] doesn't work for me. I get "command not supported" as a response. Am I the only one?
  19. Kon

20. Nacasatu

Just to add, there are legit players (like me) who prefer to not have their gaming name mean anything at all so (like me) use meaningless (though very short) combinations like 0o0o0 or oOo or o0x0o - I never hack, cheat or exploit so we're not all bad. Any name I'd normally choose was gone and I couldn't be bothered trying to think up anything else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.