Remove the referral system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phrygen

I dont see any of that. People are just refusing to spend any more money.
    • Up x 2
  2. Nogrim313

i really dislike the fact that a bunch of stuff i would buy is hidden in the referral system, that wasnt put in until after i had suggested the game to all my friends (who came saw and left already due to important **** being sidelined for continent redesigns)

given the last 6 months im not about to burn my credibility pitching a half finished game again just to get some lumifiber and camo that i would have bought regularly

"Now... To turn things around and actually get a bit more constructive feedback from this thread:
    • What changes would you make to the program to make the goals more attainable?
    • Do you feel that the exclusive items are good enough for the program?
    • If you were to make a refer-a-friend program for PlanetSide 2, how would you envision the system working?"
    1. don't implement it 6+ months after launch where all of your loyal customers have already exhausted their friend networks
    2. yes but they are items i would have bought but now because you waited so long to implement i have no chance of ever getting, unless im one of the youtube streamers or making fake accounts
    3. implemented at launch or retro active (which i cant see how it would ever work) its flawed to it core as the people who did refer their friends early get shafted and nothing for the work they did early promoting your game, putting one in this late with exclusive rewards is sort of a slap in the face to those who hyped the game in its infancy

if you are going to add this system late (meaning all the early adopters get jack ****) then tailor the program to new comers who are bringing friends, use XP boosts and SC grants as a way to encourage newer players to bring their friends to the game, those of us here from the beginning gain nothing from this system and just miss out on some of the coolest cosmetics that you guys have actually worked on that we would have spent money on

thats just my opinion of course but you guys seem to completely scoff at the loyal players who have been playing since launch and got their friends to play early on (all we got a realy ****** loyalty camo)
    • Up x 2
  3. ShiftEnter

Didn't the game just recently release in China?
  4. Being@RT

In reality:
    Step1: Acquire friends (your existing friends are ineligible). A few hundred will do.
    Step2: Recruit them to Planetside 2.
    Step3: Hope enough of them spend money.

Alternate method:
    Step1: Spam a recruitment link everywhere and make most people hate you and a few people click the link.
    Step2: Hope you don't get banned from the communities in which you did this spamming.
    Step3: Hope a few hundred people click your link.
    Step4: Hope enough of them spend money.

Voluntary Step (insert at any point): Actually communicate with the people you're recruiting. There's no gain in it for you, but SOE might like it if their new players are more integrated to the community... For you though? What did mommy say about talking to strangers?

---

Speaking of 'hope enough of them spend money', I'm going to ask for some business secrets: Can you give us a figure on how many players spend money on the game, in percentages? When are they most likely to spend their money (expressed in terms of BR)?

Last I heard, the paying customer amounts were 10%. I could use an update on that so I know how many people I can expect to have to recruit...
    • Up x 2
  5. Phrygen

Maybe the people who work at SOE have a skewed idea of how many people they can refer to play a game, give that they work in the gaming industry?
    • Up x 1
  6. 44um

Best idea to fix this so far. Additionally, it must be so that if you recruit just one person and that s/he spends $250, it should unlock all the goodies for you even if all of your other recruits chose not to buy anything. Total amount spent must be the key to unlock, not the number of accounts. Fair is fair, is it not?!
  7. Shehadi

translation: quit whining and make new friends, besides theyre just cosmetics, you know...the ones you have been waiting so long for.
    • Up x 1
  8. Shehadi

said the guy who plays with his graphics on low
  9. sindz

Try ultra, nice try though.
  10. Shehadi

well then you are full of crap because i have an easy time spotting nc at night but not the vs.
  11. sindz

Yes, your word is better than mine. Sigh.

To stoop to your level: You are full of crap.

Nights are not dark enough for black camo to work - and you forget that _IF_ black camo was so good at night, it would stand out like a sore thumb during the day.

Funny how its "LOL OP BLACK NINJAS" during the night but people dont think about how the camo works during the day - when trying to argue black camo actually does anything.
  12. Village

I don't enjoy harassing friends and acquaintances for personal gain. Wish i could just pay 1500 SC for the black camo.
    • Up x 1
  13. Cirevam

Yeah, black camo isn't that great at night unless you had absolutely pitch-black nights. Something like midnight blue is much better with the current "nights" we have. The NC loyalty camo works decently for this purpose. If the beta nights return then black camo might work better.

Personally, I just want black camo because I don't like khakis and my engineer has tons of yellow all over, so it won't hurt faction identification.
  14. sindz

Exactly.

And I agree black would be the best looking camo, simply cause it does so well combined with either, red, yellow or teal. But the people thinking black makes you invisible at "nights" is just plain wrong. And anyone who bother to play more than 1 faction would notice this in a heartbeat.
  15. MasterCheef

No you dont. If they released black camo and charged 1500 you would be the first to complain that SoE is trying to rob you.

The only way you would be happy is if they released it the same as other camo, which they obviously wont do because its a highly coveted item. We all want black camo, and thats the problem. I'd rather it be rare than see 3 factions full of black camo "spec ops" soldiers.
  16. Morticai

I'd be fine with a price-tag like that.

Probably because it's a much more realistic goal to reach than what we're being faced with now. Now?..this has revealed some value in making us appreciative of hiked prices, as long as we can actually buy what we want.
  17. Village

And you would cry like a hurt child if they released the camo for sale since you've already spent weeks annoying everyone you meet by asking them to play Planetside 2 for your benefit, and you'll feel less "special".

See? I can make stupid and groundless assumptions also.
  18. Selerox

All I want is to be able to look like a ******* ninja. That's all. Is that too much to ask?

But I have too much self respect and more importantly respect for my friends, to pull a hard-sell routine on them just so I can get shiny stuff.
    • Up x 2
  19. Rhapsody

15-20$ vs 250$?.. Sign me up.

and i don't even want the cammo, its the Helmet I was waiting for, along with the Heavy Assault Lumifibor that.. if they keep 'this' particular trend going.. Will ALSO be paired in some exclusive offer to try to get hundred's of dollars from individuals, rather than 5-15 from each of us.

Anywho, im giving this issue a month, if those 'exclusive' items stay 100% 'exclusive' Im simply canceling my sub. I might still spend 5-10 bucks here and there on stuff that comes out later, but i refuse to continue to spend 15$ every month, if their going to make it a habit of dangling new items in front of us, then deciding last minute to make them 'exclusive' as part of a money-grab campaign.
    • Up x 1
  20. ShiftEnter

The ones they've been advertising for months... but no mention of sneaky recruitment requirements. The Loyal Soldier thing was a nice surprise. This is not a nice surprise.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.