Remember the old days?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by T.H.O.L., Nov 23, 2012.

1. T.H.O.L.

Look, PS2 has just launched, and just as I remember PS1 having so many bugs and empire adjusts, I expect PS2 to only get better. But what I hope they bring back soon that set apart PS1 from any other multi-player game ever made are these in my opinion.

1: Remember when amphibious assaults wasn't only VS capable? I will never forget the TR using their Thunderers to amphibiously assault from the Oshur Warp Gate to the NC controlled Makala on Amerish. Awesome base battle followed by an awesome Cont battle.

2: No "out of bounds" around continents. Look, every other game out there has a "no go zone", but PS1 didn't. Every action had the ability to use all of Auraxis(Not meaning Cont. to Cont.). I could take a galaxy over open sea and try to flank with no out of bounds.

3: The Warp Gate Strategy. This took the game play strategy to more than just a map, it took it to the world. One faction would push through a WG and secure a continent. Then they (Command Ranks) would have to choose where to next globally. And as they chose and pushed on that new continent, they would have to immediately rethink strategy because another faction is now hacking into there previous secured cont. Made game play unpredictable (unlike BF and CoD maps), fun, and new changing strategy challenges a lot of the time.

4: Constant Upgrades. They were always adding something to make it new again. And they did it in a timely matter, instead of just throwing at you all at one time. New vehicles and weapons were added. From Core Combat, which bought yet again a whole new strategy of warfare(whether you like it or not) to giant BFR freaks. It was adding new things through out PS1's time. Which is what I expect them to be doing with PS2.

I know PS2 has a way to go, BUT I am hopping they are listening to their veteran players of PS1. WHY? Because I don't know how many of you have played ArmA 1 or 2, but the veteran players AS well as new ones, told them "NO Mouse Realism Movement" in almost every single thread. Did they listen, no which is why I am not playing it (Yes, it was hard for me, though it may not be for others). But the reason most people return to the games sequels is because of what the 1st had in it. This game is like no other, as well as it's players. I mean I see as much heart felt trashing and bashing of each others factions as I do between Reps and Dems. Even the guys at my base (Tons of us) trash each other over PS. I just don't want the Devs to forget why this game is unlike any other.