Regarding Engineer Assault Rifle

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Serjio, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Serjio

Just wanted to post about a few things:

1. What do people think of the Engineer Assault Rifle?
    2. Do you believe:
    • Rifle's Acc should be increased? -
    • Rifle should have auto and/or burst?
    • Rifle should have more damage?
    • A combination of the statements above?
    Personally I really do like the Rifle which we have available to us. I don't mind it's single fire but I think either it's accuracy or damage should be improved a bit. Perfectly happy for it to remain single fire, we have SMGs if we want to go into close range fights. Damage could be better but in all honesty I think the main pull back of the weapon is it should either have more damage or accuracy.

In short, I am pretty content with the rifle but personally believe it needs tweaking. It's broadly correct in how it's been designed for engineers, but has some weakness which are pretty strange for the role the developers have seemingly given it.

Someone already pointed out, for a weapon that is best in mid range the rifle has some serious drawbacks in this area, I was actually on Esamir and got stranded behind lines after a zerg drove past. Had a beacon and was fighting off 2 enemies. Bear in mind I was some ways off the cap, having mid-long exchanges. Killed the first but second realised I was around and started to try to kill the second one. He unwisely stayed in the open but I could barely hit him half the time.Before people say I was being a pure noob, we were both standing relatively far away from each other poking shots at each other. I landed more on him but they were simple not enough.

Perhaps munition types would help?

Ergo the problem we should have either additional damage or accuracy.

((I will purchase a compensator for it this week and do a later posting if there is any change in how well the gun handles))

I am interested on what people's experience are with the rifle. All input is welcomed.
  2. Dixa

i believe you are referring to the battle rifle? medics get assault rifles.

the battle rifles dont impress me. they dont do enough damage per bullet to make up for the fact they perform like semi-auto sniper rifles in recoil, spread, and rate of fire. it's still 6 shots to the chest from an eidolon to kill anything, same as the engineer carbines.
  3. Serjio

I stand corrected, yes Battle Rifle.
  4. Shotgunjoe

The TR battle rifle is pretty "meh" to me after using it for a few days. It hits pretty hard at range and is very accurate, but being semi auto...doesnt work well at all in CQB fights (duh?). Its a very situational weapon imo, and it seems the engineer rarely finds himself in a situation where it shines. Thats my personal problem with it. It is a nice bonus that I can use it / share it on my HA which does find times where it comes in handy.

Im not a fan of the limited range of engy carbines either, I really wish we had an Assault rifle like the Medics.
    • Up x 1
  5. tonster

This is honestly why I went VS. The default rifle is actually decently accurate without adding certs. I have since added a laser sight and flash suppressor but it wasn't necessary to be a competent weapon. I didn't base my faction on anything other than the default weapons, because that is probably the weapon I will stick with for a long time.
  6. katuy

The really odd thing about the battle rifle is the normal carbines can be toggled to single fire mode and certed up with a decent scope hits reasonably hard and very accuratly at medium/long range and still can be flipped with a button to full auto rock and roll for up close combat. If the battle rifle should do a significant amount more damage than it currently does after giving up the full auto toggle ability.
  7. Goats

Yeah, the battle rifles are a bit lacking (or were when I tried them in beta). I feel like a significantly faster projectile speed is necessary, as well as probably a bit more damage per shot. In fact, I think I would rather them up the damage by a lot and reduce the clip size to 15, with a limit on how fast we can shoot. The main problem is the projectile speed, though.
  8. Xebov

I thought about getting one. I did the 30min Test and read something about it. My biggest problem with the weapon is the question "What is it?".

The weapon looks a bit like a strange mix between Assault Rilfe and Sniper Rifle. It has RoF and Recoil from an Sniper Rifle and the Range and Dmg (and mybe the Bullet Speed) of an Assault Rifle. In addition it only can equip the 6x Scope and has no Ammo. I realy miss a direction of the weapon here.

If i could choose i would like it to be like an Auto Sniper. Adding Full Auto, a bit more Dmg, an 8x Scope, maybe adding High Velocity Ammo or direkt Bullet Speed. To Range it between Assault and Sniper Rifle. In my opinion this would give the weapon a good direction.