PU01 Patch Notes: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. SGTLew

I'm sorry for all of those who are having more problems now then before. However I must say thank you to SOE, they brought me from 10-15fps in med/large battles, up to 28-40fps consistently without lag or spikes. I can now play the game contenly with some ini tweaks. For now this will keep me happy till I invest into a new computer.

PC Specs (It's ancient I know...)
    Velocity Micro Promagix T1000
    Windows Vista 32bit
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3.2 Ghz factory overclocked)
    3GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz - planning to get it to 4GB
    Nvidia EVGA GTS450 Superclocked GDDR5 1GB
    500GB 7200RPM HDD
  2. SirNinja

Plz stop the crashes. I have no Idea why but my game just keeps crashing.
  3. SirNinja

This is getting ridiculous. I can't even play for five minutes without this ******* ****** game crashing what the hell is wrong with this update? Now I can't even launch the game. This my computer meets the requirements. why and how is it not compatible??

Game Error G13
    Malfunction:

It looks like your computer does not meet the minimum specifications to run PlanetSide 2
    Beta Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Hard Drive: 15 GB free
    • Video Memory: 256 MB RAM
    • Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
  4. Brasil

discouraged.

before the patch had no lag.

Now I have lag, and hud ugly.
  5. sittingduck

Lots of good fixes in this patch, overall everything seems to look and run better..... Unfortunately I'm also having random crashing issues and LOTS of freezing/lag, especially when I hit 'e' to activate any terminal, or esc to goto the map/settings and back to the game, there's a good 15 second wait from when I hit esc to when I'm looking at the map, and another 5-10 if I try to zoom or move the map. I remember this issue happening on live test over the last couple weeks and hoping that particular bug wouldn't piggy-back itself into the release, but it looks like it did. Still glad to see all the changes and hard work going into such an awesome game that also happens to be free. I'll keep buying station-cash regularly, hope to see more good changes soon.
  6. Brasil

what happened to guided missile?

To chase has to keep it locked all the time, before it was not necessary.
  7. zgunner

Ok so for the most part, congrats SOE on a mostly successful patch. The game runs considerably better than before, but that isn't to say it's perfectly optimized at this point. I still have to increase certain settings to force my GPU to do more of the work, BUT the game is now using about 90%+ of my GPU, so that is a big feat. I am experiencing screen tears a lot less frequently now. I am averaging about 50 FPS in open areas and go as low as 20 in a big fight. This is opposed to the 30/10 FPS I was getting before, so once again, outstanding. I am now more confident that upgrading my CPU will have a much more drastic effect than before. Also, the error window when shutting down the game has gone away THANK YOU.

The only main problem I am seeing with the patch is the random CTDs, or the game just freezes entirely. So far out of my last 6 log ins, it has only happened on average after about 1 1/2 hours of playing. Only once have I CTD'd soon after launch. It seems to be a memory leak or something, because the freezes and crashes seem to happen when my CPU gets ridiculously bottlenecked. I noticed when I got a complete game freeze that my CPU had went down to working at 40% usage just before it froze. I'm not that knowledgeable on PCs to know what this could be, so I'm posting it here.

Anyways, SOE, it might have taken a year to get to this point, but I am still impressed at how well the game is working after just one new patch. Keep up the good work.
  8. Ariel Jr

thanks to the patch i cant play for even 5 minutes without crashing
  9. Ariel Jr

please fix the crashing problem
  10. Razershade

And the question still remains folks. Will SOE EVER release a patch that doesn't cause problems while fixing others? The people say no, the industry says no, and the statistics say no. SOE has released this statement, "We promise to always break something while fixing other things. Sometimes the new breaks will be even more severe than the miner fixes. Your welcome."

The reason why I say this? Crashes. Constantly -.- More than twice a day. GG

P.S. the changes to drop pods, no longer being able to pod on your SL, reducing pod movement range, etc. are all real bad ideas. I'm sure there is a LOT more on the list that I'd tell you were terrible ideas if I bothered to let myself sift through the wreckage of this game but so far thats all I'm able to think of at the moment. You guys RUINED squad deploy. It might as well not even exist.
  11. ArabWarLord

Great Job SONY!!! now if only DICE can get their **** together :mad: ... payed 70$ for BF4 and total crap cuz of bugs right now..more issues then a terminally ill, Teen , Pregnant , Drug addict, Schizophrenic, Middle school P.e Instructor...sorry for the horrible visual guys
  12. SidCom

My first impressions after about 6 hours playtime with OMFG live patch:

- i get a stabil 60 Frames all over the place now (smooting on), even in 50+ fights in the AMP station or biolab fps only decreases sometimes to around 55 FPS. (before 37-40 in battle/65 in the open) CPU load now at all four CPU's about 50-70%, depending on char movement and how many object and detonations in the view. Before the patch mostly only one CPU used.

- on fast moves (more then 100 degree) i can see some kind of ghost pictures. Movement ooks blurred/fuzzy. The effect is very annoying (bloom, amb.occ and vsync is always disabled in my game setups) After i turned off smoothing in the config file it looks much better. But now occasionly i have short hitches x < 1 Seconds.
    Framerate with Smoothing=O in big fights in AMP station or Biolab are around 55-70, abt 80-90 in openfield, 110 in the airplane (which is good!) and picture look very sharp now on fast turns do to the higher FPS rate,120 Hertz monitor and some obvious graphic adjustments in the patch.

- client still crashes after some time, but not more (until now) compared to post patch. First day after patching i had network issues. Client constantly disconneted after a few minutes. (Miller only, my altchar on Connery was fine) Yesterday evening everything was ok. (miller). Only one client crash after 1 1/2 hours.

- loading times decreased, but they where also ok before the OMFG patch thanks to an SSD.

- there is something strange with character rendering. I think they are not so detailed anymore when they more then 10-15 meters away from me. I have sometimes problems to recognize which class the target is at this range. But chars looks cleaner in close range now. I would prefer a more detailed distance view rather than close range graphic improvments. But i doubt that new "feature" in OMFG brings a lot performance improvment to the patch and cannot be reverted. But maybe some adjustments can made for that issue.

- My NS15M (which i bought with station cash!) seems to be nerfed. My burstfire timings not working properly anymore. I need at least 3-5 bullets (headshot 2-3) plus safety bullets more for TTK at close and medium range (burst depending on the enemy class and Nanowave (the safety bullets). I get more often defeated in a PvP fight now. But the loadout shows still the same damage values of NS15. I also experienced that on the PST with OMFG patch (abt. 7 hours playtime) Anyone else can confirm that? Any other infantry weapons nerfed?

I think i can live with the occasional short hitches and the char rendering adjustments for now, but i am really upset about the nerf of my NS15.

As i read former posts here i think the enhancement and stability is strongly depending on hardware configuration and prob a clean Operating System setup (Antivrus, to old device driver, OS patches etc.). On my rig the OMFG patch improves FPS massivly. Despite the points i mentioned above it works out for me so far. THANKS SOE..

My rig:
    MB: Z77 Pro4
    CPU: Intel 3570K OC 4500 MHZ (4 CPU cores) certain Bios tweaks: Turbo Boost Power Limit = 500 Watt, Long duration = 1 sec., Power Saving Mode = off, add. turbo voltage = +0,75 Volt, Loadline Calibration = turbo, TDP limit=off and more
    GPU: AMD 7950 OC 1100MHZ (default 850), Memory @1450MHZ (default 1250), over voltage = 1,18 V
    HD: OCZ SSD 256 GB + 1TB HD
    MEM: G-SKILL Sniper 8 GB OC 2033 MHZ CL10
    FSB/BCLK: OC 103 MHZ
    Monitor: Benq 27 inch 120HZ (3 monitors, no eyfinity, playing PS2 on single monitor in full screen mode)
    PS2 play time: abt. 1000 hours (VS)

All PS2 settings customized. (Same config before OMFG patch, except new Smoothing=0).
    LOD, Flora etc.set to (5), (texture quality 0, ultra), shadow =2 (middle), render distance 3000 meter and render quality 1,1 (whatever value it is, prob. 110%)

P.S.: DANGER!! If you have a similar setup as above, the overclock settings mostly only applies to my rig and is a result of many hours of fine tuning. Do NOT just apply this to your PC. You must make also improvments to the PC cooling system.(watercooling) Otherwise your hardware can be seriously damaged because of overheating and/or your PC gets unstabil.
  13. ADUILO

• We’ve disabled GPU particles until further notice. (Due to some our optimizations, GPU particles don’t work quite right and we need to spend some time to fix them up.)
    For ****'s sake, I've got a ******* Nvidia graphics card, why can't I ******* use it? ****!
  14. SidCom

Come on, particles has just a cosmetic nature... no impact to gameplay (says an AMD owner:p )
  15. RaTzo

Fantastic work guys! The game feels smooth and responsive for the first time since I've been playing - early Beta.

The clouds on Amerish were flickering between different cloud types and lighting last night at sunset on the map.
  16. Brasil

watch the video
    this rendering problem?

17. DeadliestMoon

The HUD is not ugly.
  18. Benton!

Im still getting the G99 error, it's been like that for 2 days now.

Sigh...
  19. FreedomMan12

Now I keep on getting disconnected..
  20. SidCom

mmm, difficult to see in the video. But i can see some blurry in the video too. Youtube Videos uses a strong compression algorithm. It depends also from your graphic settings or GPU card. I tweaked my configfile from PS2. I have ALL settings to "ultra", except the shadow is "middle" In the ingame graphic settings you can set most parameters only to high. I recomment you to set smoothing=0 in the userconfig.ini and then have a look again. This ini file is located in the installation dir of PS2. But do a backup first of the org file. :D If you have a fast overclocked machine (see my rig specs) you can try my settings. (I can post it here if you want) But as i said in my former post: If you turn off smoothing occasional hitches (kind of lags) will appear, despite of the higher framerate.Yesterday i played around a little bit again with my config. I set MaximumFPS=65 and i think the hitches getting less and no blurry picture on fast moves like with smoothing on. I will do again some tests today. But these are just academic changes. The game is well playable anyway with my rig, even before OMFG patch.