[PSA] How to survive server mergers

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Blackweb, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Haterade

I'd say this is great advice, but you're NC. So, all I'll say to you is that DVS says you suck.

Just kidding. Good advice man.
  2. LibertyRevolution

I wish they were vanu also.. PHX is not very good..

DON'T TRUST THEM.
    They constantly don't hold the spots they tell us they are going to hold..
    Their platoon runs from enemy squads..
    They bail on us when things get tough..
    They will not leave the "no activity" cap they are at to support you if your in trouble..
    What makes it worse.. they actually think they are good..

Of course this does not go for all their members.. but this is my general feelings on them as an outfit.
  3. Zakuak

I smelt the booze in here so I had to come check it out!

I like our Jeager but the merge will be fine after adjustment. I look forward to getting shot in the face....
    I'll be bringing the beers!
  4. KingoftheBorderline

Hey Blackweb! My name is KingoftheBorderline. I'm from clan BDM, and while I'm not an officer, I like to take initiative, so I am going to reach out to you however I can. I don't know how jaeger works, but I will do whatever I can to make you feel welcome and convince you that this is the right thing to do. Waterson welcomes you, and **** anyone who says otherwise, they are probably not people the rest of the server likes. I don't know how organized the zerg outfits are, I only ever rolled with BDM, but people are people, and we will try to make you feel welcome, I know I speak for everyone when I say this.
    • Up x 1
  5. KingoftheBorderline

Tell DVS that it isn't a very funny joke. Make them feel welcome, instead of acting like a bunch of *****.
  6. doombro

That's largely our (TR) fault. ;) You're welcome.

You'd be a fool to deny that they try though.
  7. Ronin Oni

ARGO fully supports underage drinking!

We just don't accept underage applicants :p

(actually, I have no idea the age of a bunch of our new recruits.... our core group is all older though.)
  8. Razzyman

Hey Liberty, I left you a PM, if you could answer the questions I sent so that any concerns you may have can be addressed. Also, we're on the same team my friend, bashing your team mates never helps. Let me know if you have issues with PHX and we can address them.
  9. Caeleron

Drunken Server Merge Day is GO!
    • Up x 1
  10. Dagonlives

Not true at all. While I personally think that PHX is not as skilled as a group like ETHOS per se, they definitely try their hardest to take points and advance territory and they are a much larger group considering the size, having a lower average quality is a given.

What you perceive as 'running away' is actually outfits like TT6, ARGO and BRSN getting intel on where they are operating, then killing all their sunderers with pinpoint infantry drops. It's hard to start a war when you spawn 500m away, so they appear to be 'running away'. Acutally they've been getting better at having more redundant sunderers when we do break them. I regularly see them keeping 1-2 in the wings as backup (for the love of god don't park em next to each other, many of our engineers have bandoliers with 5 tank mines).

So while I believe PHX's next step is to learn how to operate without relying on AMS, it's hard to deny they are the best outfit for the job on Jaeger when it comes to meatgrinders and battles of attrition. Calling them 'zerglings' is not strictly correct as they do plan things out and execute them relatively well.

You want an idiotic outfit that does what you are talking about? Try EZC who is only good for setting up biolab farms with skillsaw spam and runs away from absolutely everything else. I have a fair bit of experience fighting all the NC outifts, and PHX is one of the better run ones.
  11. Razzyman

Note to self. Yell at squad leaders about Sundy placement. :p
  12. Ronin Oni

haha thanks for the credit... Sunderer's are always priority target #1 for us... hell, we've thrown ourselves at them sacrificing multiple lives and vehicle timers cause they're so important to take down.

So often we'll see stalemates between a hard spawn and a enemy sundy.... every kill is nearly meaningless in these fights as the enemy troop will be right back in the battle in 10-15 seconds (if he doesn't get revived first).

There's only 1 way to break the stalemates... 1 team needs to neutralize the others spawn.

Silly zergers.

Although... they do make for good cert gain rates.... with constant flow of enemy targets, resupplies, and heals available for constant XP gain.
  13. Blackweb

What a pathetic troll :rolleyes:

At least have the guts to say who your main character is and what outfit you are in :cool:
  14. Blackweb

In my experience, server mergers can be disastrous for guilds (outfits). One good thing that SOE did was to require globally unique outfit and character names. There should not be any outfit or character name collisions. This one might not be so bad.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
  15. Ballor

Please fights on amerish or esamir. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  16. Blackweb

We had a big fight on Esamir vs. the VS last night. Was great fun! :)
  17. LibertyRevolution

My main char is this name and my outfit is none..
    So far it seems all outfits suck at providing me a target rich environment with reliable spawn points..
    I have been rolling solo, joining outfit platoons, seeing how they play.. all the NC outfit suck..
    Same thing everywhere.. platoons attacking "enemies detected", then talking about how good they are...

Sorry you think I'm a troll.. I'm just telling you my view of PHX.
    UES.. VS pushes.. You fall back.. VS pushes you more.. You fall back..
    Lets take indar.. PHX is holding going to gate TR.. oh they get pushed and flee to amerish..
    Next day.. lets take indar.. PHX bails on us again..
    Allatum bio lab.. max crash.. your still fail.. you bail and retreat..

The only way your successful is when you outnumber your enemy... you have way to many scrubs.
    Sorry you don't see it blackweb..
  18. Urban_Scorp

As much as I enjoy watching my enemies' self-destruction through paranoia and distrust voiced through their own ranks I think it rather sad that it would happen so soon, so publicly, and without any personal effort.

There's an old saying, something like: "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all." This saying is referring to the airing of grievance in public. Expressing disagreement and discontent while among the involved parties is fine and dandy, however watching someone vent their spleen about their supposed allies in such a public fashion is distasteful and says more about the venter than the target of the venting. As such it's your shame to be the one thin crack in the veneer of a united front...not theirs.

For what it's worth I will continue to view PHX as a worthy adversary and be the loudest voice in Derp Company, encouraging our members to ignore this and other malcontents.
    • Up x 2
  19. zib1911

So you joined and they didn't hand serve you any certs? they must suck man not even helping you cert farm........Don't sweat it come on over to Waterson and I'll shoot you in your puckered up face
    • Up x 1
  20. RedOak

Shots for everybody!!!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2