PS4 - Will post here everytime I blue screen

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by talent310, Sep 23, 2018.

1. talent310

Been playing since January 2018 on PS4 Pro. When I first started the game was stable for the most part. The game would only blue screen after switching continents from a meltdown alert. This was OKAY for me since: A) I still get the alert reward, B) I can prevent crashing by restarting the game after a meltdown.

After the summer patch, the game would crash at random. People said the summer items were causing the crash and I held out hope that after they were removed, the game would stabilize. FALSE. Ever since then, the game has been crashing intermittently and its especially frustrating when the game will crash right before an alert finishes. I read on reddit that Daybreak does not know the frequency of PS4 players crashing. I will be posting in this thread immediately after every blue screen.
    • Up x 2
  2. Bud2015

Since the update, I usually have an average of 3 crashes an hour with the same error ce 34878 0. Yesterday I played about about 5 hours throughout the day and the game blue screened 22 times. Sometimes it crashes before alerts and I don’t receive credit. Sometimes it right after an alert. Other times it’s right after I get killed and I’m looking at the death screen. Other times it’s completely random. This morning I logged in and played maybe 2 minutes and it crashed and I haven’t been on since. I’ve been trying to play with the crashes since they started. I love the game but it gets old logging back in and trying to get back into a fight just to get kicked off a couple minutes later.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bud2015

Also I’m a paid member. There seems to be an issue where I’m always logging in at koltyr and I can’t warp sometimes. It’ll say I’m in que 1 out of however many people and I will still be there in koltyr. I know the serve isn’t full because it’ll be in the morning when there aren’t many people on.
  4. adamts01

Join the PC master race. You'll never look back.

But I do hope your problem resolves itself. That sucks.
    • Up x 2
  5. Bud2015

I have a pretty good gaming pc. I have a lot of money into the ps4 version. Until the can link ps4 and pc accounts I’ll be stuck playing on the ps4.
  6. CplRDaWiggy

Add me onto the list.
  7. Twin Suns

Blue screen 2 minutes before continent alert ends. A 2 hour session of fun/work for no alert rewards.

Luckily, I don't slap babies or kick puppies when it happens. But what does chaff my hide is, the single cert they give you for you're troubles when you get back on. Now, when I get a blue screen I'm done for the day, no need to pop back on for 1 lousy stinking cert.

P.s. I find it funny when people talk about making it easier on new players and new pIayer retention. All the while ignoring the Elephant in the room.....Blue screens.
    • Up x 1
  8. Blam320

I never understood why Sony insisted on porting PlanetSide to the PS4. The console will be obsolete as soon as the next generation comes out, plus on top of that it really sucked a lot of players away from the PC version. Additionally, it's not updated with the PC version; it's lagging very far behind, as last I checked it still doesn't have PMBs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Twin Suns

Thank the maker!

No Construction in a FPS is the main reason I play on the Peasant Station 4 instead of my PC rig. Not a fan of building/construction in a multiplayer shooter. My choice, not trying to go on a crusade or any thing. Just not my cup of tea.

Also, (not directed to or at anyone). bwahahahaha the Peasant Station 4 "can't handle fire power of that magnitude". ;)

I feel confident in saying the H.M.S. PMB won't be leaving port any time soon.
    • Up x 1
  10. Blam320

You're not missing out on much. Either people actually use them as intended - to devastating effect against swarms of vehicles - or they build them for the sake of building them, and end up dropping orbitals on buildings full of friendlies. It's aggravating when someone doesn't Flail a parked Sunderer that's 300m away.

Otherwise, the necessary changes haven't yet been made to make PBMs really worthwhile. I will disagree with your opinion on Construction having a place in multiplayer shooters, as I think they have a lot of potential. If you don't like building, fine. Right now, it's impact is minimal at best. But eventually it will find it's place.
    • Up x 1
  11. CplRDaWiggy

So I finished work at 11am, got home, made coffee, logged on & I've hard 4 hard crashes in less than an hour. Warpgates hadn't even stabilized.

If people ever wonder why ps2 never hit expectations, it can be summed up by absolutely crap performance across the platforms.
  12. CplRDaWiggy

And that crazy stuttering is still there. All your fix did was increase the frequency of hard crashes.
    • Up x 1
  13. Twin Suns

I still get the blue screen, but I'm also getting "server unavailable" while I'm playing and poof I'm off.

Are the two related?
    • Up x 1
  14. CplRDaWiggy

Given the general level of performance since their supposed fix, I wouldn't be surprised.
    • Up x 1
  15. Trigga

I have 3 friends who all play playstation games rather than PC games.
    All tried PS2, all said the same thing:
    'Awesome game, really fun, cant believe its free, but crash crash crash crash......*** that'
    • Up x 2
  16. CplRDaWiggy

Today on Auraxis, crash, stutter (relog), instant crash, crash. All within 35 minutes, about 10 of which were loading screens.
  17. Gen.Drake61

I get this error all the time,as most ps4 players supected,its caused by a memory leak,Which dbg confirmed in the last fix,if you dont know what a memory leak is,search Wikipedia,as for me i suspect that because the gane is base on a game relesed in i think either 2011 or2012,that a memory leak on the pc version was carried over on the ps4 because the devs had to go back and rethink the overall design when the devs rebuilt the game from scratch for the ps4,they may have tweaked and redesigned the original sourcee code frome the original game,bassically the game is not fully optimised for ps4 yet as its still a open beta,my only concen for this issue is that ,they should have optimezed it first to a stable release before working on any content releases,however,Wikipedia says in sofware dev,its the deadline for rtm that oftn has has priority over quality,so i have a better understanding of what they have to go through now,
  18. CplRDaWiggy

If its not hard crashing, its stuttering. If its not stuttering, its hard crashing. I've spent most of my playtime today looking at loading screens or blue screens. Had around 30 mins collectively were the game ran smoothly. Beyond a joke.
  19. Twin Suns

20. CplRDaWiggy

SNAFU!
    • Up x 1