PS1 F2P any news?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ps2x518, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Eyeklops

If I could take back every penny I have given for PS2, and dump it into modernizing PS1, hesitate I would not. In fact, I would gladly triple down what I have given so PS1 could be updated, and pay a monthly sub on that. PS1 is such a unique gem in the gaming world it deserves a second chance. Another go round to correct the mistakes we all saw in hindsight.
    • Up x 2
  2. Metalsheep

I miss the crap out of Third Person Mode. It was one of the best tools to keep aware of what was going on. I hit T constantly in PS2 out of habit and just end up knifing nothing.
  3. Rebelgb

^^WRONG! Games like PS2 absolutely depend on a certain amount of player base to be succesfull. The last thing they are going to do is spread out that player base and make already 1/2 barren servers even MORE barren. Logic for the win...
    • Up x 1
  4. joe smo

wait? you mean you did not die with in .01 seconds of running into someone?
    when and where can i sign up?
  5. Maidere

Last time I've seen news about this "project" it was Smed who posted on PSU that no1 will be playing it anyway.
  6. HyperMatrix

You realize you're arguing against what SOE has already said they're doing, right?
  7. chilly154

Of course planetside 1 is better game right now, terms of depth. It a 7 or 8 year old game! They had years to make content for it and balanced for it.

I just don't think most people are going to even stay in that game even if the servers are full, its only going to last for a month. Truth is planetside 1 shooting mechanics sucks ***. Planetside 2 does have better shooting mechanics and who cares if the shooting mechanics is like battlefield. A lot better then planetside 1 had.

Planetside 1 is s good game, but the game is dead. If you people can afford to buy 15$ dollar movies at Wal-Mart. then I'm pretty sure you can go back to planetside 1. But no one really plays the game. Just sorry its true.
  8. chilly154

but they never really promise did they. They can change there minds any time they want. There nothing wrong with that. Video game companies does have a history of changing there minds.
  9. DirArtillerySupport

Keep thinking what things would have been like if they had announced back in 2011 that they were going to copy every single detail and game mechanic and push it all into Forgelight and continue the journey where it should have never left off. My wallet would have been bled dry by now and it wouldn't matter to me how little content they launched with or even the pace of the development. It's the direction they took that concerns me...I wanted them to go north and instead they announced they were going south.

I remember that night so perfectly...with every detail released at Fan Fair my heart sank a little deeper...the dead silence and subsequent groans while I listened on teamspeak told me I wasn't alone. I played my heart out just about every night after that until I got into beta because I knew the end was near.

In the end it doesn't matter what SOE does...they can lose us or they can keep us in the family...either way they aren't going to win over the vets plucking bits and pieces out of our past in some false hope that we will finally say, “Now THIS is Planetside”....no...it's not.
    • Up x 1